Question about search feature

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lemonyellowschwin's picture
Lemonyellowschwin
Question about search feature

When I do a search for a poster, the results come up in a way that is not organized.  How do I run a search and then organize the results by date? (That is really what I'm interested in -- finding the most recent posts of certain posters).

Thanks.

Ruhh's picture
Ruhh
Re: Question about search feature

that brings up a good question I checked out this post to find out.

It would be nice to be able to click on a user/poster and come up with their porfile (like in most other forums) and a list of their posts/responses and also be able to send them a personal message. I often would have liked to send a message to a specific forum member but would have rather kept it offline than have the whole community read it. This is the kind of thing that newcomers to any community specifically could take advantage of as they are often reluctant to post a question or comment at the fear/risk of sounding stupid or naive. Isn't education what this site is all about anyway?

Detailed user profiles are also a useful for users to be able to do research on other users when replying to their questions. There are obviously some users, on any site, that simply like to stir the pot. It would be nice to look at a user's profile before deciding to waste time answering questions if their history seems to be merely disruptive.

Obviously there are some privacy issues involved but then again that is why there an option for "Contact Settings"? Maybe add the option of being able to be contacted by other registered members?

Thanks
r.

admin's picture
admin
Re: Question about search feature
Lemonyellowschwin wrote:

(That is really what I'm interested in -- finding the most recent posts of certain posters).

This functionality is on our list of things to do.  While I agree it is important and we absolutely want to make this available, there are other tasks which need to be done first which are of higher priority.  I hope you can understand and we appreciate your patience as we continue to improve things.

Ruhh wrote:

It would be nice to be able to click on a user/poster and come up with
their porfile (like in most other forums) and a list of their
posts/responses and also be able to send them a personal message.

Yes, agree with this as well.  It's in the same situation as Lemonyellowschwin's idea.   Important and we want to do this, but there are other high priority tasks. 

One additional comment about the 'personal message'.  Right now it is possible for anyone to send a message to another site member if they choose to enable the contact form on their profile.  That's why you see some users have an "Email" icon under their picture and others do not.  If a user does not enable the contact form, he or she will not be able to receive messages from other site users.  By default this is disabled.

Ron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments