Prophetic statement by Thomas Jefferson & a sign of the times

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 6 2011
Posts: 188
Prophetic statement by Thomas Jefferson & a sign of the times

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks (read as Federal Reserve private banking cartel) to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson, (Attributed)
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Pretty self explanatory. Truer words were never spoken.

In between this and Eisenhower's farewell speech and warning regarding the dangers of the military-industrial complex....

America's worst nightmares are coming true. Be alert and keep an eye out. Connect the dots. Don't buy into the BS the gov't and the mainstream media and financial media are trying to spin and sell you on.

Do your own critical thinking, analysis and due diligence.

Societies grow during peace time in where free markets allow for the ambition and ingenuity of man to thrive. War only corrupts and destroys.

PEACE!!!

JG 

 

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 15 2010
Posts: 1322
Bogus quote
JuanGalt wrote:

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks (read as Federal Reserve private banking cartel) to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson, (Attributed)
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Juan

The quote above is bogus, though the part in bold was pretty close to what he actually said, “And I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies …”. http://www.snopes.com/quotes/jefferson/banks.asp

I like the sentiment, but you harm the credibility of your message when you use false quotes that you accepted on faith from unreliable sources. The word “(Attributed)” was your first clue. Snopes is an excellent reference for this sort of thing. 

Travlin

 

 

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 6 2011
Posts: 188
Travlin: Thanks for the heads up but I think the gist is dead on

I've seen that statment attributed to Jefferson in several books and online so I guess I made the mistake of presuming those were his nearly exact words. No surpirse, a little embelishment and 20/20 hindsight from someone with an agenda I guess. My bad.

This is nothing most here have not heard or understand by (I hope). Just a reminder for the uninitiated.

I don't watch the news much or absorb mainstream media but the few times I catch some it turns my stomach the absolute crap and lies they are tryinging to pass onto the Amercian public on behalf of the gov't and how badly the sheeple fall for it. Very sad indeed.

Although CM.com is primarily a prep board it's good to know that there at least some here who don't buy into the economic, political and       war-mongering BS.

Very interesting times ahead indeed. I think creating community and bonding with like-minded people who are committed to collective action furthering a mutually beneficial agenda will be key. The gov't cronies, ignorant, blind and indifferent masses, the greedy and corrupt power elite will be our enemies. That'sthe majority of people right there.  

Make friends when and where you can with those who can truly provide an effective support network because the day will soon come where one will really need and seek the other out.

Best,

JG

 

 

Erudition's picture
Erudition
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 2 2011
Posts: 2
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forums (as you'll no doubt deduce from my post count) and have a long-standing interest in a number of current events.

This thread is also of interest as it highlights the extremes that opinion can reach and how that results in widening the divide between a mutual consensus.  I wonder if anyone has any thoughts and/or ideas on how this gap can be bridged?  Can we, as a common society, find a way to come together on the issue of banking 'cartels', etc?  Do we even know the truth upon which to base our opinions?  

It seems to me that information is disseminated and you have to plant your flag somewhere rather than side with an inherent truth.  One person can condemn the IMF and Federal Reserve as power-hungry white men while providing links to various information sources (the 'Zeitgeist' series of documentaries, comes to mind), and another can dismiss these claims with an equal number of sources and call it the irrefutable truth.

Is the real problem them or us and our vagaries of perception?

Best.

 

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 11 2009
Posts: 2252
Welcome, Erudition
Erudition wrote:

It seems to me that information is disseminated and you have to plant your flag somewhere rather than side with an inherent truth.  One person can condemn the IMF and Federal Reserve as power-hungry white men while providing links to various information sources (the 'Zeitgeist' series of documentaries, comes to mind), and another can dismiss these claims with an equal number of sources and call it the irrefutable truth.

IMO, the answer[s] to your questions are -- in most meaningful ways -- unknowable for me.  I don't have access to all the information, I don't have unlimited time for analysis, and even if I did the task of convincing others of what I consider to be true is of such Herculean nature as to be impossible.  I love humanity as individuals, but as a collective we are quite stubborn, bloody-minded, and given to ignoring information which threatens our perception of the normality to which we are accustomed.

Even those near and dear to me summon all sorts of clever (and not-so) rationalizations so as to justify ignoring the growing mountain of evidence that our current way of doing things is teetering ever closer to a painful disjunction.  I have found that the only certain way of influencing people -- of helping them break through the wall of denial and/or ignorance -- is to simply proceed with changing my life to become resilient in the face of the looming changes.  At some point, the bravest and/or most intelligent decide I'm not a nutter, and they want to engage the predicament we face in constructive ways.  These folks are few and far between (at this point less than 10% of the immediate circle of friends/community my wife & I are part of) but as they brave up and step into action, they generally look to collaborate with my wife & I on facilitating these changes.  

Erudition wrote:

 Is the real problem them or us and our vagaries of perception?  

I would say the real problem is -- once one has come to the conclusion that the Modern Ponzi has very little future in front of it -- failing to have the courage of one's convictions.  Waiting until others around us are convinced leaves us dead in the water, immobile, and waiting for somebody else to approve of our point of view.  IMO there is no time to waste sitting around, waiting for permission to act.

Again -- welcome to the boards.

Viva -- Sager

Erudition's picture
Erudition
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 2 2011
Posts: 2
SagerXX wrote:Even those
SagerXX wrote:

Even those near and dear to me summon all sorts of clever (and not-so) rationalizations so as to justify ignoring the growing mountain of evidence that our current way of doing things is teetering ever closer to a painful disjunction.  I have found that the only certain way of influencing people -- of helping them break through the wall of denial and/or ignorance -- is to simply proceed with changing my life to become resilient in the face of the looming changes.  At some point, the bravest and/or most intelligent decide I'm not a nutter, and they want to engage the predicament we face in constructive ways.  These folks are few and far between (at this point less than 10% of the immediate circle of friends/community my wife & I are part of) but as they brave up and step into action, they generally look to collaborate with my wife & I on facilitating these changes.

 

Apologies for the delay and thank you for the warm welcome.

Can I ask what changes you've made to, as you say, facilitate these changes?  I'm still gathering information on these topics, much less actually knowing what to do about them. 

SagerXX wrote:

I would say the real problem is -- once one has come to the conclusion that the Modern Ponzi has very little future in front of it -- failing to have the courage of one's convictions.  Waiting until others around us are convinced leaves us dead in the water, immobile, and waiting for somebody else to approve of our point of view.  IMO there is no time to waste sitting around, waiting for permission to act.

Again -- welcome to the boards.

Viva -- Sager

You're dead-on, here.  People only act when their backs are firmly against the wall, and we as a society are largely ignoring anything that won't imminently effect us.  This will not stand us in good stead, but again, it's the my-eyes-are-shut-you-can't-see-me deflection that holds us back.

Few have come round to the idea of a Prius; we're decades away from fully 'green' communities of people willing to sacrifice a little to gain, well, a planet. 

We live, and will die by, our embarrassment of riches.

 

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 11 2009
Posts: 2252
Erudition, the changes...

...my wife and I have made are all in line with the recommendations made in the excellent series of "What Should I Do?" pieces written by various CM members, plus the Step-By-Step guide dealing with the absolute necessities. (link to both sets of articles is on the left side of the homepage)

My personal quest is in the Community Building area since I don't believe in the hunker in the bunker vision. We will very much thrive or fail depending on how ready our immediate community is. We have much work left to do, especially in the area of having our community understand the full implications of the 3Es, but at least tight bonds are there. An example: my wife and I are moving and called for help from our people. Last Sunday four pickup truck owners (one with trailer in tow) and three additional cars, totaling over a dozen people, showed up to help us get half the move completed. One truck came from 100 miles out, another from about 70. And we're doing it again this Saturday to finish it up. Now if I could just convince them it's a fine idea to store 30 buckets of oats, beans, rice & quinoa -- and buy a Berkey filter -- we'd really be cooking.

Best of luck to you & yours on the road... Viva -- Sager

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments