Princeton Teacher Who Unlike Bernanke Didn't Get Dropped On His Head At Birth

1 post / 0 new
Davos's picture
Davos
Princeton Teacher Who Unlike Bernanke Didn't Get Dropped On His Head At Birth

I HAVE HISTORY ON MY SIDE, WHAT DO YOU HAVE? (Links to FSN Fine, Fine Article)

Submitted by Ryan Jordan on Thu, 16 Sep 2010

Why the biggest move in precious metals is yet to come

I have History on My Side, What do you have? 

Looking around at the investment world today, I am struck by how hard it is for adults to face the music, to look at the world for what it is. Denial, prevarication, obfuscation, dissembling, happy-talk, whatever you call it -- but it looks as though many grown adults refuse to accept reality. For me, as someone who believes in the power of history, I have seen this before -- many times -- but not personally. Instead I have seen it in other eras and ages. And with Jesse Livermore-- the great Wall Street investor who ultimately took his own life -- I too believe that “the game does not change and neither does human nature.” I believe that I have a much more useful tool to work with than economic modeling, accounting expertise, or mathematical prowess when I read or talk to people dispensing financial advice. I believe I have history on my side when I tell people to buy precious metals. 

A WELL WORN BUT TRUE CLICHÉ: HE WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES

History teaches that human beings are frail, fickle, prone to extremes of euphoria and pessimism, and often love to claim that their era is better than times past. History is filled with people who claimed that their time was different (and it wasn’t), and that they could escape the mishaps that have plagued earlier people (and they couldn’t). Above all, history teaches humility.

Login or Register to post comments