investorzzo
Preparing for Civil Unrest in America

Legislation to Establish Internment Camps on US Military Bases

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12793

Thats all for today...........

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Re: Preparing for Civil Unrest in America

Michel Chossudovsky has been around the block.

I'd heed this very carefully. 

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

This is a scary trend, but the legislation is there in black and white. Of course they are not called internment camps, but this is very unsettling nonetheless.

Ready's picture
Ready

This topic has come up in several threads, and then seems to get discounted as a bit of a conspiracy theory.

There are at least 2 members of this board who I feel comfortable with their judgement that have actually gone to 2 of these so-called camps and have found essentially nothing to report. I have been to 1 of them, and although I did not see everything, tend to think it would be difficult to house 1 million folks there.

On the other side, Mike makes a good point, the legislation is there in black and white.

Let's assume the worst for a moment and believe the USgov has plans to put all of us non-conformists behind a chain link fence. What do you do in preparation / defense? Does posting on this site make us a potential future target for such action?

Now, go to the other end of the spectrum. Are we wasting time by talking about this multiple times when there is nothing to it?

How can we know? Waiting to to whisked away to the nearest detention facility is not my idea of protecting my family.

If you apply the chapter 20 logic to this problem, it suggests preparation in order, but where to begin?

Rog

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

Yes guys, it's all nothing more than a conspiracy theory! These aren't internment camps!!! They are FEMA camps built to HELP PEOPLE. Really. They're to take care of people who need a place to live after being displaced from their homes, that's all.

And don't worry about that concertina wire atop the 12' high chain-link fences that surround these homeless shelters. They just needed a place to store surplus barbed wire... They don't plan to lock up American citizens there. Really, they don't.

Erik

p.s. Joe2, thanks for sending me that stuff... Good smoke!

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

I don't think there is much you can do to prepare for this. Being on this site probably makes you a greater target, but as Chris has pointed out before, there is NO privacy anymore. Conceivably, just a single post on this site taken out of context could "flag you" if that's the name of the game anyway. I think our intelligence community in this country is very proactive in anticipating threats, but I don't now think there is cause for personal concern unless you are the violent type. Hopefully anyone reading the posts on this site would realize that people here are actually apprehensive at the thought of violence occurring and are doing what they can to anticipate it for the purpose of avoiding it.

I don't think these camps are "concentration camps" etc. but at the same time, I think our government has a plan of action in place for anyone that turns violent. For better or for worse, it would only take a few thousand people to be taken away as examples before (most) other people would fall in line. Thus, I don't think there is a compelling need to have capacity to inter 5+ million. The ends don't justify the means, but I must say that having violent, deranged, and disillusioned former-consumers out on the streets is not something I want either. Of course their rights would likely be trampled on and this is a sad proposition. 

Again, I think the biggest concern TPTB have is violence. No one on this site advocates it and the level of intelligence here tends to be an antidote to violent tendencies.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
Mike Pilat wrote:

Conceivably, just a single post on this site taken out of context could "flag you" if that's the name of the game anyway.

So in other words, Mike, you admit to being an Anti-American terrorist sympathizer! :-)

I just can't believe this is happening around us and the country is taking it lying down. Having a Ron Paul bumper sticker is apparently now grounds for being designated an enemy combatant! Supporting the efforts of a sitting, elected United States Congressman to focus the nation on the rule of Constitutional Law is now grounds for being put on a watch list! I just can't believe this is happening in America. :-(

Erik

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

For those of you who think it can't happen here - remember your history.

The Jews in Europe couldn't believe it either. The smart ones saw the writing on the wall and left Europe for America (at least those that had the means to get away). Those who couldn't/wouldn't believe it one day found themselves on a train to a concentration camp.

Japanese-Americans couldn't believe it either. Until one day they found themselves on a train to a concentration camp (oops - excuse me, "resettlement camp").

Don't be lulled into complacency just because you can't believe the government wouldn't really do it. They have before and they will again, if it suits them.

This is not a joke - this is potentially a very harsh reality.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Erik: Speak of the devil; see below. This seems to be a follow up to the recent Missouri directives warning their law enforcement to profile 3rd party supporters as potentially violent citizens...

Ready's picture
Ready
Mike Pilat wrote:

Again, I think the biggest concern TPTB have is violence. No one on this site advocates it and the level of intelligence here tends to be an antidote to violent tendencies.

I hope you are right, and having a firearm is not seen the same as using one in a violent act. I will certainly endeavor to remain non-violent in my posts and actions!

Erik, have you actually been to one of these FEMA camps? I have and don't see the compounds you mention. Another example is Aaron Moyer visited one as well and reported back it looked like a water treatment facility, but nothing nefarious going on.

I'm not so naive that I think it is impossible, but the facts don't seem to support the claims other than the legislation that allows for it. How many US citizens will the military personnel lock up before they too revolt even if it were to come to pass?

At any rate, it seems impossible to do any more in preparation or prevention than to write to my congresspeople... again...

Rog

Ready's picture
Ready
Mike Pilat wrote:

Erik: Speak of the devil; see below. This seems to be a follow up to the recent Missouri directives warning their law enforcement to profile 3rd party supporters as potentially violent citizens...

And do what with them?

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

there was no mention of taking action, but apparently a Missouri state document was circulated to state Law Enforcement that specifically said those supporting Ron Paul and speaking out against the Federal Reserve are the same types of people that might act violently. I'm not 100% sure on the precise wording, I might try to find the document later. I think that they have since retracted the Ron Paul statement from this document after there was a massive petition rally on the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty site. As Erik said, it is crazy that we should have to defend a sitting congressman...

As for those FEMA camps, there's obviously a lot of hype, but just read the legislation. There obviously is some sort of a plan for some sort of camp. Just because all of the crazy websites profiling the FEMA camps are not accurate does not negate what is specifically mentioned in the legislation linked above. Our government is scared too. For better or for worse, this broader situation is something of a political nightmare and I'm sure the government doesn't want a revolt led against it...I think there is some fear on its part playing into this, but that's just my thought.

nkdroth's picture
nkdroth

Mike,

It's a very good thought...These are certainly unsettling times for our country. Politicians are people with families and lives as well..

Enjoy your posts ,

nk:)

Ready's picture
Ready

Mike, I agree with your thoughts in post 11. I saw the Missouri article and subsequent retraction, no need to find it for me.

All this leads back to the same point... there doesn't seem to be a damn thing we can do about it regardless of true or not, so I'm gonna drop it and work on something I can effect.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Rog

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

While I really hope people make a stand I'm not sure that it will happen - at least not in the numbers and resolve that would make a difference.  Here are five cynical reasons "Why American's Won't Resist" from the Information Clearing House:

1. We are trained to believe that nothing
major is wrong. Global warming? Economic meltdown? Epidemics of
preventable diseases? Slavery, genocide, ecocide? You name it and we're
ready to downplay it. We're Americans, dammit, we'll figure out a
way to fix it. When the going gets tough, we'll call the experts.

2. We are trained to leave it to experts. Rather than worry our little
heads over why more than 100 plant and animal species go extinct each
day, we rely on experts. Instead of learning what a
"collateralized-debt obligation" is and how it contributed to the
current economic depression, just let the professionals handle the
mess. Besides, such delegation frees up much more time to watch TV and
update our Facebook pages.

3. We are trained to embrace non-violence. All the real heroes would
never raise a fist in anger: Jesus, MLK, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, etc.
Sure, the government and its corporate owners are taking away all our
rights and all our money. They're poisoning our air, water, and food
while crafting laws that make prison a looming possibility, but the
moment we contemplate anything more than a non-violent response, we
become worse than any of them. Ain't that right?

4. We feel too damn privileged to risk prison (or worse). The average
Gaza resident doesn't have the luxury of wondering if their resistance
could result in arrest and thus perhaps ruin their reputation. The
average American? Well, that's a different story. I can't defy insane
laws designed to squash protest. I might get arrested and that means
close proximity to all those scary criminals and it also means hurting
my chances of landing a good job and maybe even losing all my
respectable friends. I mean, I'm an activist and all but that's asking
way too much. Who do you think I am, Mandela?

5. We're f*.*' cowards. Our acquiescence in a disturbingly broad
range of areas—access to health care, tolerance for voting
irregularities, directly funding the Israeli war machine, stomaching
the groupthink behind saluting a flag, etc. etc. etc.—appears to have
no limits. Americans love to talk the talk about being fearless and
tough but when ordered to remove our shoes before going through airport
security, it’s “yes sir” all the way.

We know things have passed the proverbial tipping point and that
immediate action is 100% needed and justified, but we're far too
spineless to do anything that might get us in trouble. Somehow, it's
more terrifying for any of us to face down a cop than it is to
contemplate the total destruction of our earthly eco-system.

nickbert's picture
nickbert
Mike Pilat wrote:

These kind of law enforcement bulletins commonly list certain activities and behaviors sometimes associated with certain groups or criminal activities, and many times such activities/behaviors are merely listed as 'potential identifying signs' and have nothing to do with any actual criminal activity.  In theory I think the LE officers are supposed to take such things into account as part of a holistic view, not as outright suspicious activity, but let's face it sometimes people take a lazy approach and law enforcement isn't immune from that.  And that memo mentioned certainly does paint a lot of people with a pretty broad brush.  In this particular case I don't think it's part of a planned witch hunt vs 3rd party supporters and the like, though that's not to say there isn't such things happening elsewhere or in other ways. My take on it is that whoever put that together was seriously f***ing lazy and didn't do much research, or just allowed his/her preconceived notions get in the way of police work. I guess I'm saying that in this case it's more likely that ignorance, stupidity, and laziness are behind this rather than outright malice or highly-coordinated profiling and harrassment.  So this memo alone doesn't worry me greatly. Still, it's always worth keeping on such things and not ignoring them, if for no other reason so that some dope in Missouri doesn't continue to do more damage to peoples' reputations.

- Nickbert

paranoid's picture
paranoid
SamLinder wrote:

For those of you who think it can't happen here - remember your history.

The Jews in Europe couldn't believe it either. The smart ones saw the writing on the wall and left Europe for America (at least those that had the means to get away). Those who couldn't/wouldn't believe it one day found themselves on a train to a concentration camp.

Japanese-Americans couldn't believe it either. Until one day they found themselves on a train to a concentration camp (oops - excuse me, "resettlement camp").

Don't be lulled into complacency just because you can't believe the government wouldn't really do it. They have before and they will again, if it suits them.

This is not a joke - this is potentially a very harsh reality.

Great point Sam, this says a lot! 

DrKrbyLuv - 

Here are five cynical reasons "Why American's Won't Resist" from the Information Clearing House:

Worse than fearful, lazy Americans are fearful, lazy Americans who write & complain about others being the same way! People are people - like all organisms - motivated by pain and pleasure. Its that simple - no need to give them too much credit, nor too much blame. 

The world is perfect, a perfect mess, but perfect nonetheless. Read what the Tao de Ching says about water for what a powerful force the soft, yeilding attitude exemplified by water can do in our lives

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments