The Power Of Words - to bring down a government, to stop the IMF, and make the Elites sweat

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
The Power Of Words - to bring down a government, to stop the IMF, and make the Elites sweat

The tiny country of Iceland, raped and plundered by the bankers; a stunned populous left with a mountain of debt expected to spend the rest of their lives in repayment servitude; the IMF offering billions in new debt to bailout the country on condition the government cuts spending on health care, education and social services.

It all seemed wrapped up – another successful transfer of assets to the elites, another country enslaved. That is until the people spoke up, and the power of their words were heard and acted upon, and the people brought down a corrupt government, halted the IMF debt bomb, and are now demanding the banksters be brought to justice.

A beautiful speech made by one man to his fellow citizens....

"Self-made bondage is the strongest form of bondage." Thus wrote Sigfús Daðason, and this is our situation today. The constitution was mortgaged without the nation being asked, and now we are to acknowledge the collateral and confess to the crime. We are confessing to a crime we did not commit. Let me quote Eva Joly: “This small country of 320,000 inhabitants is now reeling under the weight of billions of Euros of debt, which has absolutely nothing to do with the vast majority of its population and which Iceland cannot afford to pay.”

Einar MarYes, we are being enslaved. The Icesave agreement is stage one, the conditions of the International Monetary Fund stage two, and so it will continue until sometime in the future, when we receive an apology for the mistake that is being made … but by then it will be too late. They say we will become the Cuba of the North if we do not ratify this agreement. But shouldn’t we add: We will become the Haiti of the North if we do ratify it. They fulfilled all the IMF’s demands – and are now plagued by a famine. On Sunday the Pope prayed for the people of Argentina, for precisely the same reason. The IMF’s austerity program has turned half of all Argentineans into paupers. That is the reason we are here today – and we oppose this. All of us. We are being made to confess to a crime we did not commit. We are to shoulder the burdens of the global financial system, to become their underdogs.

In truth, this problem is not the nation’s problem, but that of the owners of the privatized banks who vacuumed up cash using the Icesave accounts. Our problem is that the government of this country and its politicians want to remove this problem from the bank’s owners and hand it to us and – not least – to our descendants. We cannot let this happen. We oppose this – all of us.........cont'd @

http://icelandweatherreport.com/2009/08/what-we-get-up-to-at-those-demon...

I wish I had balls like that!

BungeeBones's picture
BungeeBones
Re: The Power Of Words - to bring down a government, to ...
John99 wrote:

"Self-made bondage is the strongest form of bondage." Thus wrote Sigfús Daðason, and this is our situation today. The constitution was mortgaged without the nation being asked, and now we are to acknowledge the collateral and confess to the crime. We are confessing to a crime we did not commit.

That is why I say calling a federal reserve Note what it is rather than calling it a dollar is so important. Because it is a Federal Reserve promissory instrument it is their debt. They are the ones that owe real dollars for each note they printed up.. I'm not going to confess to a debyt of "dollars" when all the debt was meant to mean Federal Reserve Notes. If we really owe dollars then guess what, take all the debt (government, corporate and private) and multiply it by 19 TODAY to get what our real debt is because it cost TODAY  19FRNs to buy a dollar.

Every time you confess that the country owes dollars or that you owe dollars that is exactly what you are confesssing to. We have a 95year fraud that we have to deal with and it is just not going to go away by committing more fraud. We've been "found out".

ao's picture
ao
"Words will always retain their power."

A fictionalized account with disturbing parallels to our present situation.

goes211's picture
goes211
Re: The Power Of Words - to bring down a government, to ...

Forgot how good that one was.  Thx
John99's picture
John99
Re: "Words will always retain their power."

AO wrote,

Thanks AO, I had forgotten about it as well, and like the 5th of November, it, too, should be remembered!
Think I'll have a little gathering this evening and re-watch, V For Vendette.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments