potential good news

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
presidentbyamendment's picture
presidentbyamendment
potential good news

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29338.html

"""The bill produced by Frank and the Obama administration would force the Fed to go to the Treasury for approval before using these emergency lending powers — and only to provide liquidity to the marketplace.

"""

In the sixth from last paragraph is the phrase "and only provide liquidity to the marketplace."

The article quotes Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and Alan Grayson, all of whom I have

handed copies of my bill that does that.

Now if they can just get rid of all the Frank/Paul cruft and just pass my two paragraph bill,

they will have done something purely positive.

Rick Hohensee

presidentbyamendment's picture
presidentbyamendment
Re: potential good news

Letter I emailed Politico (and the known universe)

Someone with Politico has surely seen me near the White House or Capitol with my cardboard signs. In today's article by V. McGrane I see that the banking bill in Barney Frank's committee allows the Fed "only to provide liquidity to the marketplace." Note the coincidence between that line and the first line of the bill I propose at
presidentbyamendment.com/issues/money.html,
"The elasticity of the currency provided by the Federal Reserve Banks shall be limited to variations in bank liquidity."
I have handed copies of that bill to a dozen Reps in the last month, including Grayson and Paul, who are on the Financial Services committee. I know of no other party besides myself proposing such a move.
Similar coincidences could be arising with other pages from
presidentbyamendment.com
Next on my personal docket is
presidentbyamendment.com/issues/taxes.html
One also has to wonder where they got the idea to withdraw from Iraq by withdrawing first from urban areas, which has been the first item in my platform since 2004.

Rick Hohensee

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments