Podcast With Strabes

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy
Podcast With Strabes

Strabes recounts his days at Harvard and announces the launch of his new on-line video series during his interview on Two Beers With Steve.

Download the Podcast Here

Steve

JAG's picture
JAG
Re: Podcast With Strabes

Good interview....that Strabes is an interesting and well spoken guy.

Thanks guys, I enjoyed it.

plato1965's picture
plato1965

Me too, it really brought home a point . about "compartmentalisation" .... narrow focus... or as Strabes described it blinkers on a racehorse. It's the intellectual version of the efficient but dehumanising "division of labour" idea...

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. - Heinlein.

Davos's picture
Davos

Super, this (podcast and his new site) should be great.

joemanc's picture
joemanc

I just finished listening to it myself. The idea of Groupthink resonated quite a bit, but also that economists seem to only be able to think according to their mathematical models and textbooks. I will definitely be seeing all economists in a new light from now on.

Tycer's picture
Tycer

You sure do a nice job Steve.

That site has great potential benefit to the members at CM.

Davos's picture
Davos

Google has free blogs http://www.blogger.com/home and you can RSS off of them. Word Press is open source and you can host for 6 bucks a month, but Strabes might want to start with Google Blogger first. Good listen !!!!

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Its always interesting for me to hear about how the 'elites' view this whole thing.  Mr. Vrabel confirms what I've been thinking for a long time that this is just one huge party for the few.

Thanks for doing these kinds of interviews Damon.

goes211's picture
goes211

Great interview.  I think you hit it out of the park when you were discussing the whole left vs. right paradigm.  It drives me crazy dealing with friends/relatives that think things will be better with their party back in power.  I also agree you cannot blame them because it was not long ago that I was one of them.

The problem I have right now is that although I agree that the debt based money is corrupt and unsustainable, I am still not convinced that sovereign wealth based money is the real solution.  It seems like it may be a reasonable option for transitioning away from the current debt based system but in the long run I fear it will only transfer us serfs from one master to another.

I look forward to watching Damon's youtube stuff.  Keep up the fight.

ps.  One word of advice.  Change the youtube name.  "councilonsper" does not exactly roll off the tongue.

Davos's picture
Davos
goes211 wrote:

Great interview.  I think you hit it out of the park when you were discussing the whole left vs. right paradigm.  It drives me crazy dealing with friends/relatives that think things will be better with their party back in power.  I also agree you cannot blame them because it was not long ago that I was one of them.

The problem I have right now is that although I agree that the debt based money is corrupt and unsustainable, I am still not convinced that sovereign wealth based money is the real solution.  It seems like it may be a reasonable option for transitioning away from the current debt based system but in the long run I fear it will only transfer us serfs from one master to another.

I look forward to watching Damon's youtube stuff.  Keep up the fight.

ps.  One word of advice.  Change the youtube name.  "councilonsper" does not exactly roll off the tongue.

While the name explanation sounded good as an FYI to this suggestion I'd advocate that you (Damon) Google Council on sper and note what the sper comes up with as a suggestion. No pun intended.

Check out the Google Blogger and email or pm me if you have any Word Press questions, I have a friend who has set up several of them.

goes211's picture
goes211
Davos wrote:
goes211 wrote:

While the name explanation sounded good as an FYI to this suggestion I'd advocate that you (Damon) Google Council on sper and note what the sper comes up with as a suggestion. No pun intended.

Exactly!

strabes's picture
strabes

believe me, I realized in the middle of my talk with Steve how well councilonsper rolled off the tongue!  you can kinda tell I start to laugh as I realize how ridiculous the name is for a radio interview.  it made sense as I was thinking about the name on paper!  I guess that shows the value of working in a team...somebody would've said "what the ---- is that!?"  I should've just said council on renewal.  but now that the page is named and traffic is starting to come, I don't want to disrupt it.

you can query renaissance 2.0 on youtube and my stuff pops up first, so that's what I'll say in future interviews.

Davos, does wordpress give you any static capability?  I thought the blog sites would be annoying for a course because you can't keep the classes highlighted at the top as blog sites push old content to the bottom.  Ideally I'd just like a single static page with links to the classes, then a blog and forum.

JAG's picture
JAG
strabes wrote:

Davos, does wordpress give you any static capability?  I thought the blog sites would be annoying for a course because you can't keep the classes highlighted at the top as blog sites push old content to the bottom.  Ideally I'd just like a single static page with links to the classes, then a blog and forum.

Strabes, a.blogspot site allows you to do what you described and its totally free.

PM me for more details if you want.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

Just d/l this podcast and will hear it on tomorrow's commute.

Slightly OT, I heard the "Creature from Gilligan's Island" cast today and it's a hoot -- and a pretty good framework for understanding money creation, how all FRNs are really signifiers of debt, and so forth.  Goodonya, Steve!

Viva -- Sager

kemosavvy's picture
kemosavvy

i just googled 'council on sper' and saw the suggestion... laughed... and clicked on the suggestion. turns out it is a population control subject. somewhat appropriate to what is discussed here...

thanks sager, i'm waiting for a major motion picture deal out of it. nothing yet.

steve

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments