Please keep us "the people pushing the CC" abreast of the statistics revealing progress.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
radiance's picture
radiance
Please keep us "the people pushing the CC" abreast of the statistics revealing progress.

Chris and team,

Please consider keeping the grunts in the field informed by providing on going tallies of the web site's vital statistics. I would think one could measure hour by hour  the progress of  gaining new and returning visitors etc. We could even set goals to watch the meter hit new milestones of say visitors per second, hour, day, week whatever. We could also measure specific outcomes of various interventions. A speedometer of sorts like a download test would be fun and informative. Then we could have big celebrations as we break new sound barriers.

I ordered two hundred CC DVD. I am starting a web site for our regional chapter of the CC. I plan to approach a local mom and pop theater owner with a plan to use one of their theater rooms for  our weekly showing of the CC with Q+A afterwords followed by coffee in the their commons. I will keep you posted how these goals pan-out.

Anyone else's idea would be appreciated thanks.

Ron

radiance's picture
radiance
Re: Please keep us "the people pushing the CC" abreast of ...

Another brain-storm!

How about a questioneer measuring... George Barna's corporation would maybe contribute to our efforts. Conducting a survey and statistical analysis now; could prove invaluable in determining outcomes of present interventions to spread the word.

Must be the acid and or my little imaginary friendsWink ! Sorry insider joke,

Ron

tom.'s picture
tom.

Ron,

Are you capable of giving THIS COURSE?

Or ... explaining parts of it?

Or ... incorporating into your planned group discussions & relaying the feedback here?

radiance's picture
radiance
siennablue wrote:

Ron,

Are you capable of giving THIS COURSE?

Or ... explaining parts of it?

Or ... incorporating into your planned group discussions & relaying the feedback here?

The Chris Martenson CC presentation stands alone. There is no need for a new monologue.  

Participatory dialog setting is my/our first nature.  I could explain adequately "for 97% of the participants" the concepts in the CC, however I would not be able to answer every question that could be asked and would not need to. That is where you all come in at the CC forum. Here at the forum is a wealth of people with vast perspective. If it can't be answered immediately it could eventually be answered. Chris and team could set up a forum section just for this purpose. I find in group settings admitted ignorance is a strength garnering respect and is not a liability.

I could keep everyone abreast of the utility of such a venture .

Ron

tom.'s picture
tom.

Hi Ron, some clarification on my part, just so we are on the same page between each other .. if you clicked on "THIS COURSE" I was referring to the subject of permaculture. I do realize that we're trying to bring together a lot of things here, but I thought I remembered you having a degree of expertise in horticulture, thus my questions.

radiance's picture
radiance

In seeing I do not see,

Thanks for the clarification, 

I glanced quickly at the PDF. What a treasure piece. Did you prepare it? This is so much more than my little journey of a lifetime of gardening. This is a masterpiece one can draw from to hone a plot of land  or as a master of the content; consult. I would need a fair amount of time examining the content to be able to adequately teach the material. However I could consult with a degree of utility but certainly not at the level of one prepared to teach the material. 

I am able to help those just starting out with a garden as a means to put food on the table during a time when traditional food distribution channels are failing. Under ideal conditions we have the luxury of time. Therein plot optimization and even a high degree of perfection is obtainable. I believe we are out of time for individuals to employ some very desirable permaculture strategies. One could start on some of these techniques, but I believe we must plant this spring and some of this would require to much attention and time. Pragmatism I believe demands a bare-bones approach. Get it in and now! My techniques are best suited for emergency type; make it happen, get it planted and deal with the short comings as time allows. To much thought will stifle gardening now, especially from people being overwhelmed by the global events. Spring 2010 may be way to late and we are rapidly entering the spring 2009 planting preparation time. In fact if most don't start by Jan. 1 they are going to be late to the planting party. I hope I am wrong about the urgency of the hour, but I must proceed as if we are way late already. Consequently somethings I would advise may be contrary to permaculture practices even to organic practice. If others see the need to counter anything I might advise please feel free I am thick skinned. I believe this is about helping others get a garden in and getting it in with the least amount of undesirable methods. Once it is in maintenance becomes the giant task. Then harvest etc. A garden to really get life sustaining food from for a family of 4 is a gigantic costly endeavor. One can buy food much cheaper than one can from scratch go plant a life sustaining garden.  If this is to be anything more than a few thousand calories providing only 10% of a year's diet the capital outlay is very high.

Ron

PS I am not certain yet whether I should attempt this time consuming project. Spreading the Crash Course locally is already in my plans.

tom.'s picture
tom.

Ron, no I did not prepare the PDF ... it  was "found art", but I posted it online so anyone who wanted to could make and keep a copy. I also have another one posted .. "Community Gardens" which a lot of people (who haven't enough land) could use to set up a shared area.

What I am suggesting is that whenever "Admin" sets up the Gardening Forum, it would be a great pleasure to hear you contribute on occasion, your own particular experiences, in your own distinctive words.

radiance's picture
radiance

Contributions of course. Some others seemed to suggest something much more demanding. I could participate in a civil thread albeit I am going to suggest somethings some will find contrary to standard organic practice. For instance I would encourage people to go purchase TODAY commercial grade landscape fabric in widths 3', 4', 6', and 15' by 300' to start. 10,000 square feet is not to much at all and is good for at least five years. This removes having to turn soil except where the plants go in or between rows. Some will find an oil based product repugnant but I say it is better than starving and limits labor all year long! You can find it in the USA at BFG.

http://www.bfgsupply.com/content/

Heirloom seed at many places but I support Seed Savers Exchange

http://www.seedsavers.org/

Ron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments