"Play Money" Investing Web Sites?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nichoman's picture
Nichoman
"Play Money" Investing Web Sites?

Understand there are web sites one can create practice investment portfolios.

Interested in trying one or more of these web sites.  Specifically to create and practice portfolios to try various investing tools (Such as: various option strategies, mixes of traditional stocks, mutual funds, bonds portfolios, etc) that not done before.

Any recommended sites and what you like and/or dislike about the site(s) would also be appreciated.   Finally any sites with reference investing library or links to learn more or reference various techniques and tools would be of benefit.

Never thought about doing this until now.

GOAL/REASONING:  With coming economic instabilities, and challenges (e.g. risks of larger volatility?), learning more about other investing tools out there should allow one to better protect assets versus traditional buying and selling of stocks/funds/bonds which is my only experience to this point.

This would provide an opportunity to practice and learn the tradeoffs/risks of various investment vehicles and techniques, while not losing money due to inexperience and lack of understanding.

Any thoughts and insights would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Nichoman

rickets's picture
rickets
Re: "Play Money" Investing Web Sites?

Hi Nichoman,

While I dont have any connection or accounts with Think or Swim, I have had many friends who are traders say its the best site for trading/simulation like you just discussed.  Hope it helps:

https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/client/index.jsp

Nichoman's picture
Nichoman
Re: "Play Money" Investing Web Sites?

Thanks Rickets...

This looks promising.

Nichoman

Droid's picture
Droid
New

New

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments