Planting Seeds for One World Currency and New World Order

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Planting Seeds for One World Currency and New World Order

Here is yet another article suggesting a one-world-currency (and a suggestion that it will be presented at April's G20 meeting, no less).  These articles and those alluding to a "new world order" seem to be in the papers daily these days.

For those who have not studied "The Creature from Jekyll Island", this is exactly the same kind of propoganda campaign that was discreetly promulgated in the years leading up to the Federal Reserve Act of 1913.  The campaign leading up to 1913 was instigated and paid for by the banks, discreetly, and in such a way that the public thought the banks were actually against such a plan. 

The amount of coverage on this as of late smacks to me of the same thing - a carefully orchestrated plan to "float" the idea before presenting it formally to both flush out any obvious opposition and to get the public used to the idea.

Here's the article:

Nobel-prize winner backs world currency

From correspondents in Astana, Kazakhstan | March 11, 2009

Article from:  Agence France-Presse

KAZAKH President Nursultan Nazarbayev has won backing for his plan for a single world currency from an intellectual architect of the euro currency, Nobel-prize winner Professor Robert Mundell.

Nazarbayev, speaking at an economic forum in the glitzy new capital he has built on the Kazakh steppe, defended his proposal for the "acmetal'' world currency saying it might "look kind of funny'' but was not.

And he received intellectual support from the Canadian economist Prof Mundell, who helped lay the intellectual groundwork for Europe's single currency.

"I must say that I agree with President Nazarbayev on his statement and many of the things he said in his plan, the project he made for the world currency, and I believe I'm right on track with what he's saying,'' Prof Mundell said, adding the idea held "great promise''.

Mr Nazarbayev and Prof Mundell urged the Group of 20 leading developed and developing economies to form a working group on the proposal at their summit on the global economic crisis in London on April 2.

"We should deliver our thoughts and the thoughts of this conference to the leaders of those countries,'' Mr Nazarbayev said, referring to the G8 and G20 nations.

Mr Nazarbayev, who has held his post since Soviet times and has seen his oil-rich state hit badly by the crisis, unveiled his proposal last month and said yesterday the UN should oversee the currency's introduction.

Though a boost for what might seem an other-worldly plan, Prof Mundell has previously suggested single currencies are only appropriate for countries with similar economies.

Mr Nazarbayev's coining of "acmetal'' combines the Greek word "acme,'' meaning peak or best, and "capital.''

Reuben Bailey's picture
Reuben Bailey
Re: Planting Seeds for One World Currency and New World ...

So Prof Mundell is an architect of the Euro, huh?  I wonder why the reporter did not think to ask him how that single currency is working out....<grin>  

Nice unintended pun on "coining" a new word, too.

Reuben

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

Yeah, I was momentarilly excited to see "metal" in the name, until I read the explanation for the word.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Patrick - good read on what is happening.

They might get people ready and then push it hard during a future "crisis."  No one will have an alternate plan ready and it will be an ultimatum.

Sovereign nations should never pay interest on money that they may issue on their own for free.

Larry

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat
Quote:

Mr Nazarbayev's coining of "acmetal'' combines the Greek word "acme,'' meaning peak or best, and "capital.'' 

What an ironic twist on something completely inimical to the very concept of free market capitalism.

I certainly am concerned by this language but I also wonder in another direction: If the banksters wanted to present a solution as the only viable one in a time of crisis, why unveil it in advance? Wouldn't it be easier to lay all the plans and then rush it in at the last minute so no one has a chance to criticize it? I'd like to think the fact that people like Glenn Beck and Ron Paul are talking about these things makes them someone less potent when they arrive on the table.

World currency, though certainly diabolical, would most probably not last long. Although banking powers are potentially more concentrated than ever, the energy and resources combined with military powers are not (i.e. America has military but not much oil, while many other countries have oil, but not as much military). As we transform to a less resource intensive culture, I think the process will be dramatically destabilizing for large empires, like our own. As many of us have said so many times before, local solutions will arise - because they have to.

That's not to say we can't go 20 years in convulsive efforts to keep things chugging along for the banksters, but in the long long run, things will probably destabilize THEM more than US. The simple fact is that we have real jobs and work and they only can live by confiscating our wealth. As the surplus wealth and energy of society declines, there will be less for them to confiscate, period. Although we could go through a lot of pain, it makes me feel better to think that I am perfectly willing and able to work to sustain myself and they are not.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

By the way, I'm in the middle of a fascinating book that I recommend to anyone that wants to better understand the role that oil has played in politics and finance in the 20th Century.

It is: A Century of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order by William Engdahl.

Cheers!

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Mike Pilat wrote:

I certainly am concerned by this language but I also wonder in another
direction: If the banksters wanted to present a solution as the only
viable one in a time of crisis, why unveil it in advance? Wouldn't it
be easier to lay all the plans and then rush it in at the last minute
so no one has a chance to criticize it? I'd like to think the fact that
people like Glenn Beck and Ron Paul are talking about these things
makes them someone less potent when they arrive on the table.

Hey Mike,

I see what you're saying, but I think these people (if my theory is right) are much more devious and patient than you might be giving them credit for.  By floating the ideas now, they can flush out real and potential enemies and the arguments those enemies may have.  They can then formulate plans to counter the arguments and/or even silence the people making them.  I'm not suggesting they'd physically harm someone (though I'm not ruling it out either), I am referring to destroying someone's reputation - that gets done in politics all the time.

I really like your conclusion though:  as producers, we should have nothing to fear.  The confiscators need us more than we need them!

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

By the way, and not to overspam this thread from the onset:

I shall not take part in any global currency scheme. I will barter the shoes off my feet before I get sucked into another wealth plundering scheme. The fact that taxes will be required to be paid in the new currency would only gain traction as long as the public is mostly behind it. If a new monetary system doesn't dramatically (and miraculously) lift us out of recession, I think people might actually get a little more suspicious of the ever present assertion that the government really knows what it's doing.

The book I mentioned above discussed the British and American interventions in the post war period and in the '70s and from what that book says, these (our) nations have been plundering for decades at the expense of other countries. If there were truly going to have a push for world currency, keep your eye on the ball: The usual suspects will try to keep the ball in their court so they can keep plundering the mid east and other developing nations. But now China and Russia have risen to saying we need another reserve currency. To me, it just doesn't seem plausible that our crew is going to agree with them on how to structure this: not everyone can plunder at once. Thus, any attempts at world currency are likely to clash strongly with nations like Russia and China. I simply don't think they're friends of ours. Some say war is inevitable. Who knows what kind of crisis or false flag the goverbanksters will invent next? Just my speculation, of course. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat
Patrick Brown wrote:

I see what you're saying, but I think these people (if my theory is right) are much more devious and patient than you might be giving them credit for.  By floating the ideas now, they can flush out real and potential enemies and the arguments those enemies may have.  They can then formulate plans to counter the arguments and/or even silence the people making them.  I'm not suggesting they'd physically harm someone (though I'm not ruling it out either), I am referring to destroying someone's reputation - that gets done in politics all the time.

It's hard to call what's going on. Talk of the Constitution would sure make me feel happier than all this talk of World Currency. I often wonder if attempts would be made on forceably silencing Ron Paul and others, if you know what I mean. He certainly has been discredited by the MSM enough, but ironically for the potential antagonists, he predicted their plans and increased his credibility! All speculation, but in any event, I think the halfway to 100 day review of the new administration is not particularly bright. I just wish the public had more energy in opposing what at least some know is wrong. I do hope our society doesn't fall into the nightmare of learned helplessness.

One of my coworkers once suggested to me a potential theory that the entire recession was an engineered event, but that those in charge might have lost control of the wreck along the way. That was last fall. As far as I can tell, they are back in control and I am sickened to hear the overt fear mongering that the new president displays when he routinely tells us just how bad the crisis is. It's gotten a bit excessive. Likewise, I don't see Ben Bernanke too worried about losing his job anytime soon.

End the Fed! April 25th! Those that are free that day must go! 

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

I thought this NWO stuff belonged in the definitive conspiracy theory thread?

Oh, wait, it's not really a conspiracy theory.

On a quick and serious side note here, it's interesting to me the number of "futurists" I've come across recently who on theoretical grounds -- as opposed to concrete political ones -- support (or consider natural) the idea of and an evolution towards a global government and currency based on the idea that the human race will continue to assimilate itself within itself potentially leading to only one language and even one ethnicity as current ethnicities interbreed to the point of eliminating diversity. I even heard one of them specifically say that individualism will come to be seen as an illusion or relic of a more primitive time.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

Mike,

Thanks for the book tip.  You might also enjoy, Power, Faith and Fantasy: America in the Middle East.   It's by Michael Oren, the same guy that wrote Six Days of War.  

It details US History in the Middle East from 1776 to present times.  Fascinating, objective (as far as I can tell, I wasn't there), and entertaining.  It does not offer a financial perspecitive, but is nevertheless very interesting.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Quote:

On a quick and serious side note here, it's interesting to me the
number of "futurists" I've come across recently who on theoretical
grounds -- as opposed to concrete political ones -- support (or
consider natural) the idea of and an evolution towards a global
government and currency based on the idea that the human race will
continue to assimilate itself within itself potentially leading to only
one language and even one ethnicity as current ethnicities interbreed
to the point of eliminating diversity. I even heard one of them
specifically say that individualism will come to be seen as an illusion
or relic of a more primitive time.

Coon,

That type of future sounds earilly similar to the world described in Anthem by Ayn Rand.  In the book, the word "I" does not even exist, and all people are referred to by their serial number (no names).  Quote a good book.  Sheesh, I guess I'm a bookseller tonight.  

Fivemileshigh's picture
Fivemileshigh
Mike Pilat wrote:

By the way, and not to overspam this thread from the onset:

I shall not take part in any global currency scheme. I will barter the shoes off my feet before I get sucked into another wealth plundering scheme. The fact that taxes will be required to be paid in the new currency would only gain traction as long as the public is mostly behind it.

You and I and the rest of the public might not have a choice. If you're all of a sudden paid in acmetals, your bank balances have been converted to acmetals, the governement demands its taxes in acmetals (remember, the govt has a lawful though immoral gun) and your local utilities/bank demand you pay your bills and mortgage in acmetals, it will be a done deal, like it or not. There are very few places on earth where you can live independently of any govt that will demand the payment of a tax of some sort (except maybe Puntland - look it up)

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

there will be a one world currency , there will be a one world government.

they do not have to do anything under cover they can do it in the open ...........witness the bailouts. 500 to 1 against and they pass. 95% of the congress that voted for it all got reelected.

we are in rarified air here. there are many intelligent, committed people here on this site but the vast majority are sheeple and want to remain that way. they do not have the brains, time or inclination to work to save their own butts.

the constitution is nothing more than toilet paper. it has been superseded by every international agreement this government has entered into..........the u.n, wto, bis, imf, world bank, etc. etc. and the theory of implied powers.

the only hope for this country died in 1913 when the 16th and 17th amnedments and the federal reserve went into effect.

we are in checkmate.

the political soulution would require 220 ron pauls in the house, 60 in the senate, one in the white house, and 5 in the supreme court..............................do the math.

a violent revolution is out of the question. they do not even have to disarm us. they have the most powerful army in the history of the world. the military is populated by true believers.........or true mercenaries.  this is why i favor the draft........i want an army with a bunch of people that dont want to be there.

so this site is very entertaining and i certainly agree time well spent is creating community and doing your best to secure yourself for the coming changes but as far as large scale chnge it aint gonna happen in our favor it is not the end game .............................the game is over

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat
joe2baba wrote:

a violent revolution is out of the question. they do not even have to disarm us. they have the most powerful army in the history of the world. the military is populated by true believers.........or true mercenaries.  this is why i favor the draft........i want an army with a bunch of people that don't want to be there.

Joe:

I might take some flak for saying this, but I strongly agree with your view of the army. Although a draft is not in the spirit of the Constitution, it is far better than the system we have now. A draft fills the army with citizens that love their country - they all just don't feel their country is threatened enough to voluntarily pick up their weapons and fight. But a mercenary army effectively detaches the connection that soldiers should feel to the their family, friends, locales, and Constitution.

I don't want to belittle the sacrifice and patriotic spirit of many of our armed forces. But I am with you in acknowledging that the government has become smarter since Vietnam. Instead of an overt draft, it's become far more effective to just pay as much as is necessary to "buy people out." I have personally seen numerous families whose ties are being threatened by soldiers that are choosing to go to Iraq for a fifth tour - not because they feel particularly strong about the cause - but simply because it pays very well.

My mother is a retired army doctor who now works in an Army hospital as a civilian. She regularly sees the soldiers that return from the war and has unfortunately been in the position of having to select soldiers for deployments. If I remember correctly, when you consider that income tax is suspended while at war and many combat bonuses are added in, many lower ranking soldiers see their salaries increase by well over 100% while on deployment. This clearly creates a conflict of interest, it is against the spirit of the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment in particular, and it is now treading all over Posse Comitatus. As I've said many times before, the direction that our military chooses for itself will have profound implications on our future. My reason for hope has been greatly diminished.

Mike

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

joe2baba said: "so this site is very entertaining and i certainly agree time well spent
is creating community and doing your best to secure yourself for the
coming changes but as far as large scale chnge it aint gonna happen in
our favor it is not the end game .............................the game
is over"

I don't blame you one bit for being cynical about our prospects to take our country back.  In a way, this is the result of the tyranny of an uniformed majority who neither seem able nor interested in understanding our monetary system for the scam that it is.

But, we haven't lost yet - and we can still - truth can grow exponentially.  For example, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, Congressman Paul's bill to audit the Fed, is now up to 28 cosponsors! (6 Democrats and 22 Repubs.)

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [D, HI-1]
Rep Alexander, Rodney [R, LA-5]
Rep Bachmann, Michele [R, MN-6]
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [R, MD-6]
Rep Broun, Paul C. [R, GA-10]
Rep Burton, Dan [R, IN-5]
Rep Chaffetz, Jason [R, UT-3]
Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [D, OR-4]
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [R, TN-2]
Rep Foxx, Virginia [R, NC-5]
Rep Garrett, Scott [R, NJ-5]
Rep Grayson, Alan [D, FL-8]
Rep Heller, Dean [R, NV-2]
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [R, NC-3]
Rep Kagen, Steve [D, WI-8]
Rep Kingston, Jack [R, GA-1]
Rep Marchant, Kenny [R, TX-24]
Rep McClintock, Tom [R, CA-4]
Rep Petri, Thomas E. [R, WI-6]
Rep Poe, Ted [R, TX-2]
Rep Posey, Bill [R, FL-15]
Rep Price, Tom [R, GA-6]
Rep Rehberg, Denny [R, MT]
Rep Rohrabacher, Dana [R, CA-46]
Rep Stearns, Cliff [R, FL-6]
Rep Taylor, Gene [D, MS-4]
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [D, CA-6]
Rep Young, Don [R, AK]

If you don't see your rep on this list, contact him/her today and urge them to support the bill!

Larry

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

wow Larry, I had heard it was gaining traction, but that is pretty good news.

The Capitol hill switchboard # is 202-224-3121. Just say the name of the representative or senator you would like and they will transfer you directly. There is no hold and no wait, you can leave a message in 2-3 minutes start to finish. This is such an easy way to get involved there's no excuse to not do it!

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

correction larry i am not a cynic i am a realist and your list of cosponsors illustrates that fact. i believe ron paul has been in congress 10 years and has been pushing this that long and he only has 28 cosponsors? great all he needs is 192 more and 60 senators. i am surprised he couldnt get kaptur and sherman tho

my point is we are serfs and we have only two choices we can be  willing serfs or unwilling serfs. we will be serfs nonetheless. these people have been at it for hundreds of years. 

i have fought windmills all my life so i guess i will continue if for no other reason to be a fly in the ointment. but make no mistake the game for all intents and purposes is over .

there is no place on the landmass of the planet where you can live and not be under the rule of one mafia or the other.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Joe -

If a bill hits the floor of the congress, the point is not how many "co-sponsors" it has, but instead, how many legislators will vote for it when push comes to shove.  I know that you are a veteran in the war against the central bankers - take heart - people are catching on.

On a different topic - any advice for a novice gardener on planting stuff that yields high nutritional value?

Larry

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

ok so how many will vote for it?  then it goes to the senate then it goes to obama who appointed geithner to head the treas and bo received millions from the banksters. sorry larry it is mate

larry i admire your committment but lets get real here. the banksters own us. i am glad to see you are an unwilling serf i am happy not to be alone.

a really good thing to grow is mushrooms. you get some logs about 4-5 feet long and about 6-8 inches in diameter and innoculate them with shitake spawn. shitake is very high in protien and has a lot of healing properties. the nice thing is once you get them going you just have to water them and they go on for years before you have to do it again. let me know if you want some spawn i can send you some and i can send the instructions as well.

the single most nutritious food is the sweet potato. they grow really well in all kinds of soil. they keep well also.

i tend to plant a lot of stuff that does not require a lot of work and produces year after year like asparagus.

berry plants are really good too. blueberries are one of my favs. 

paranoid's picture
paranoid

Has anyone considered that a NWO might also be a good thing? Systems evolve and higher complexity is often an end product - tribal humans went to a veritable NWO when they organized into cities, kingdoms and nation states. I am sure all these were not easy - but they had both good and bad outcomes.

Perhaps a NWO, one govt, one currency might in the future bring more equality to the poor nations of the G77?

joe2baba wrote:

there will be a one world currency , there will be a one world government.

they do not have to do anything under cover they can do it in the open ...........witness the bailouts. 500 to 1 against and they pass. 95% of the congress that voted for it all got reelected.

we are in rarified air here. there are many intelligent, committed people here on this site but the vast majority are sheeple and want to remain that way. they do not have the brains, time or inclination to work to save their own butts.

the constitution is nothing more than toilet paper. it has been superseded by every international agreement this government has entered into..........the u.n, wto, bis, imf, world bank, etc. etc. and the theory of implied powers.

the only hope for this country died in 1913 when the 16th and 17th amnedments and the federal reserve went into effect.

we are in checkmate.

the political soulution would require 220 ron pauls in the house, 60 in the senate, one in the white house, and 5 in the supreme court..............................do the math.

a violent revolution is out of the question. they do not even have to disarm us. they have the most powerful army in the history of the world. the military is populated by true believers.........or true mercenaries.  this is why i favor the draft........i want an army with a bunch of people that dont want to be there.

so this site is very entertaining and i certainly agree time well spent is creating community and doing your best to secure yourself for the coming changes but as far as large scale chnge it aint gonna happen in our favor it is not the end game .............................the game is over

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

yep i considered it for about a nano second then i remembered orwell.

i also remembered history and wow it is littered with benevolent dictatorships and monarchies that failed because they were just too good for the poor of the world.

just where are you getting your soma?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments