Peer to Peer Lending

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
NLP's picture
NLP
Peer to Peer Lending

I am wondering if any of the members here have done business with Prosper or LendingClub or another form of peer to peer lending?  If I am to believe what I am reading, this is fast growing and providing a good return on investment.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
Re: Peer to Peer Lending

My sister patrially financed her closing on her house with that sort of lending. She worked with a Salvarorian woman who let her into their lending community, as their cuture routinely pooled resources to lend to members. No profit: these were strictly no-intrest loans. It was something the community did to enrich the comminity, and it worked.

NLP's picture
NLP

Thanks for your reply and feedback.  I work for a small nonprofit and we have a small amount in a money market bearing next to nothing in interest.  I hit me; we might want to reinvest by offering our own microloans an alternative to bank loans.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
NLP wrote:

Thanks for your reply and feedback.  I work for a small nonprofit and we have a small amount in a money market bearing next to nothing in interest.  I hit me; we might want to reinvest by offering our own microloans an alternative to bank loans.

The best use of money is to replace predatory pay day loans, and charge a rate of interest that reflects the risk. ...so higher than bank interest but way lower than charge cards.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments