Peak Water

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
xraymike79's picture
xraymike79
Re: Peak Water

Thanks for the link. Excellent article and comments!

Davos's picture
Davos

A good read!

I'd consider all this to really be peak population. Same outcome but looking at it this way, for me anyway, makes me see peak everything.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

Davos,

You got it. Peak Population - As a result of Peak Fossil Fuels.

Olduvai Theory: Named for Africa's Olduvai Gorge, Olduvai theory predicts that industrial/technological civilization is a "transient pulse" between periods of stable global equilibrium, with the period of highest modernization lasting only approximately 100 years (1930-2030).

". . . to cooperatively take urgent steps to ameliorate this looming situation and prepare for how we will live in a post-energy world and its civilization. A whole new sustainable, localized and agricultural based civilization is needed; with a new mindset of cooperation and care, and harmonious social behavior, along with alternative fuels for a less fuel-hungry society."

OVERPOPULATION
Almost all ecological problems are directly or indirectly related to this.  See "Overpopulation.org"

World population reached:

1 billion in 1804,
                 2 billion in 1927 (123 years later)
                  3 billion in 1960 (33 years)
                   4 billion in 1974 (13 years)
                    5 billion in 1987 (12 years)
                     6 billion in 1999 (12 years)   .................  6.5 billion in 2007
                      7 billion in 2011 (12 years - projected)
                       8 billion in 2015 (3 years - projected)
                        10.7 (high), 8.9 (mid), 7.3 (low) billion projected for 2050

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments