Peak Resources.....then what

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jneo's picture
jneo
Peak Resources.....then what

I recently watched a Trailer for a documentary called "the end of Poverty".  Then reality hit and I realized that Poverty will never end.  But why?  Why is it, that with so much wealth/resources on this planet do we still have extreme poor pockets of society domestic and foreign?  Will the consumption rates and peak resources available one day meet, causing massive resource wars, international and domestic?

Is it the education system?  Is it the Monetary system? or is it the way we have our government established?  My guess is that it's a combination of all 3, along with the poor execution of those systems.  

If society were to crash, then when it comes time to reestablish a workable point of view, would we as a society implement the old norms and patterns of our former failed society, and start the entire cycle all over, or would society emerge into a new paradigm of how to relate to each other and the carrying capacity of the earth and it's resources?

Why are we failing as a society?  and what I mean by that is, we have gone from Free Market Capitalism, to controlled planned economy by financial oligarchs, from individual freedoms to more government social programs, and from strict educational passing guidelines to passing high school kids with a 60% and telling them they are ready for the real world.  

Yes we may have cars that fun on multiple fuels, and computers that accomplish amazing tasks, but with all that glam and vanity aside, much of the world domestic and foreign as in a tight spot with no real answer in sight.  

So I guess my question to anyone who reads this and would like to comment is, where do you think society is headed (10-20 yrs from now) and do you see a light at the end, or do you see temporary patch work propped up by the financial oligarchs who run the show?

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer
Re: Peak Resources.....then what

Hi JK121 - My guess-

It seems to be an inbedded idea in the back of people's minds that "some one will save them because they believe and that's all it takes".   EPG

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
JK121 wrote:

So I guess my question to anyone who reads this and would like to comment is, where do you think society is headed (10-20 yrs from now) and do you see a light at the end, or do you see temporary patch work propped up by the financial oligarchs who run the show?

For more information about where we're headed . . . . Let me recommend the UN publication, Agenda 21.  Oh, and I see a light, alright . . . . It's just not the same one they envision . . . .

Ed Archer's picture
Ed Archer

Imho, I think the world is in for some chaos, maybe even a major bloodletting. I hope I'm wrong but I'm something of a pessimist.

I think the world economy will go through some major shocks and when people get hungry, violence occurs.

jneo's picture
jneo

Maybe this gives us a hint on what may come.  The First one is more than just Scary.  Yeah definitely the First one.  

THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments