Peak oil financial advisor?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
dschroeder01's picture
dschroeder01
Peak oil financial advisor?

I'm new to the peak oil/post peak planning world.  I'm excited to get up to speed with gardening, energy reduction, family safety and almost everything else related to the future.  However, financial issues are another area altogether.  No matter how much I want to be prepared, sifting through the best financial strategies is something that just isn't in my wheelhouse.

I plan on enrolling to this site for more info on the financial aspects of peak planning and am already working on my first purchase of gold/silver, but other than that I'm not really sure about where to go financially.  Is there such a thing as a peak oil financial planner at the local level?  Given the lack of widespread knowledge about the issue, it seems funny to interview financial planners randomly asking about their thoughts on inflation and wealth building with the the impending convergence of the three E's.  Is there a resource that might point me towards a local professional that could help (I live in Minneapolis)?   Or, is enrolling here and just frequenting the site/reading online the best/only way to proceed?

Thanks.

M.E.'s picture
M.E.
Re: Peak oil financial advisor?

Hire Chris Martenson for $500.  He'll get you going in a NY minute.

catherder's picture
catherder

Funny, I just joined this site last week and am researching this same question.  Since I don't know any one I could ask in person, my approach is to email the development people in charities that are likely to attract folks like us (such as Transition US) and ask them if they can recommend financial advisors who have advised some of their donors. Kind of a roundabout method, but if I were a development professional I would be eager to respond to such an email, as it would potentially lead to a relationship with a new donor. I mention in my emails that I am revising my estate plan and looking to rename the beneficiary (this happens to be true). Of course, I'm not really planning to have a lot left over, and don't expect things to be up and running if I live to my predicted lifespan, but hey, I could be hit by a truck tomorrow, who knows.  The problem with this approach is that there really aren't a lot of charities that I can think of that are on the same page we're on. Are there?

dschroeder01's picture
dschroeder01
M.E. wrote:

Hire Chris Martenson for $500.  He'll get you going in a NY minute.

Sure, there is that option although the specifics are unclear to me.  I'm sure I'd learn a ton with an hour of consultation, but the implementation would be up to me and more importantly I'd still be left to manage everything myself on an ongoing basis.

Perusing the threads it's obvious that there are lots of financially minded folks here.  Do you all of you set this stuff up by yourself?  Obviously there are people from many different career fields posting here...anyone make their living as a financial advisor?

h2oBoy's picture
h2oBoy

Steven Leeb, very knowledgeable peak oil author and investment advisor. Google him.

dschroeder01's picture
dschroeder01
Waterboy wrote:

Steven Leeb, very knowledgeable peak oil author and investment advisor. Google him.

Much appreciated.

tua022012's picture
tua022012
Hi, Thanks very much for

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

tua022012's picture
tua022012
Thanks for the insight.

I look forward to reading more from all of you.

Let me introduce you some useful materials: Financial advisor interview questions

Best regards

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments