PA Tax Amnesty TV Advertisement

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
goes211's picture
goes211
PA Tax Amnesty TV Advertisement

What do you think of this?   I can only assume we be seeing more of this sort of intimidation in the future.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Re: PA Tax Amnesty TV Advertisement

If they want to drive people out of the state, or into gunshops, they're doing all the right things.  Idiots.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX

That's...just...creepy.  

It's more like a movie preview a la "Enemy of the State" -- I half expected to see the garage doors explode outward with Will Smith driving the family car like a maniac to escape...

Tycer's picture
Tycer

coming to a state near you Tom.

ao's picture
ao
What kind of @#$%&*^ crap is

What kind of @#$%&*^ crap is this???  Hey Pennsylvania!  Do you also know that Tom is stone cold broke, lost his house, and is living out of a tent?  Maybe you'd like to regularly drain him of plasma to pay the interest?  Or get a court order to take one of his kidneys in payment for past and future taxes ... after all, he does have two of them.  This ad is so offensive in so many ways, that it goes beyond description.

docmims's picture
docmims

What is funny is that with all the bluster, they really don't know where Tom is or what he owes or they already would have got him.  They are merely kicking the bushes to flush some rabbits.

ao's picture
ao
docmims wrote:

What is funny is that with all the bluster, they really don't know where Tom is or what he owes or they already would have got him.  They are merely kicking the bushes to flush some rabbits.

That was my initial impression as well but then I realized that it also may be that, with all their budgetary problems, they may not have the financial resources and manpower to apprehend and prosecute all the guilty parties in a timely manner so this is their first step to extract as much money as possible before incurring the accompanying LE and legal expenses.  Whatever the situation, their ad is still reprehensible.   

compinthegroove's picture
compinthegroove
docmims wrote:

Wrong.  Google "US Census GPS front door step".   I'll let the results speak for themselves.

that1guy's picture
that1guy

hmmm, I just googled it, and agree that the idea of GPS everyone's home is disturbing.  There is no logical reason for it.

I just wish they would stick to more of the facts rather than what seems like ONLY fear mongering type consperacies. I listend to a radio show on it, and had to tell my self to not turn it off. At one point. A caller calls in talking about a Naval base building housing on the base and how it can be used to group all their people working for them out in the community to get them out of the local community so that the government can use weapons on the people without hurting their workforce.......seriously? really? Chances are HIGHLY likely, that a contract, that uncle sam most likely spent millions and millions on, about 5 years ago to build this housing is finally getting built. The question should be then, what base or organization are they closing to realign there to get some use out of it.  The kicker here is that the radio hosts were in complete agreement with this guy. Heck, just before he was put on the air, the male host said something along the lines of 'I hate to be consperitorial, but something like this could be used to watch you, and if they hate you the moment you step out of the house they can attack you, take you out, make you blind, whatever...." 

The other news articles weren't much different. Acouple others even refered to the radio interview i am talking about above......

Mike

compinthegroove

Mike,

I have no definite proof that the government is using GPS in conjunction with the census or not.  Experience tells me that my cheap car GPS system is right about adresses more often than it is wrong.  If this kind of information is available at the consumer level, I have no doubts that the government is using it.  Whether or not you believe this is up to you.

that1guy's picture
that1guy

Oh absolutly, Dont get me wrong. I know for a fact they use it, and I wouldnt put GPSing everyone's door past Uncle Sam either. Setting aside me being in the USAF and knowing what they use on aircraft, I myself bought a TOMTOM for 60 bucks that does a great job of getting me all over....What the government uses is 10 times that, I have no doubt.

I guess what I am saying is that when information, such as the this (the census GPSing your front door) comes to light. It would be awesome if it would at least have some logic to it. In otherwords, verify it is happening, and then look at it from many sides, not just the abstract, 1 in a million fear monger side.  Let me be clear, no side to marking everyones front door could be good, but lets be real here. I could see many other equally as bad scenaros in something like this rather than Uncle Sam using weapons on its people, and population "round up."  Thats all i found on this topic, was how this could be used to help "round up" the people, and how this is the first step to using weapons on the people......

what about stricter laws, less and less freedom, another way to control what the population does (not kill them), a way to TAX them on a varitey of things (since they could track certain movements). Hell, in England they have whats called Road Tax...something like 3 years ago there was alot of talk about the government wanting to tax the people by how many miles you drive, not engine size (didnt happen, but was in the papers and what not). Something like GPSing everyone's home could be used to track many things if the right databases are built. This is off the top of my head, but after confirming it is happening, why does it seem none of these sites that are carrying the story care to break it down. They simply jump to the conclusion that uncle sam wants to kill everyone. Personally I am placing my bets on Uncle sam wanting to tax the living crap out of everyone. Then again, maybe its just me that is betting on this......=)

Mike

docmims's picture
docmims

Compinthegroove:

you are correct about the technology to find you.  However unless they have a major reason (read political or criminal) they do not have the manpower to come get you for a few thousand bucks.  My point is that they really have no idea what you owe unless you aren't filing and they are getting W2s or if YOU TELL THEM....  This is just a trolled hook in the water.  It is a bluff don't bite.Smile

Edit:  However, it you do ever get interviewed by a tax official be polite, respectful, and don't talk down to them.  Also refrain from volunteering information.  They are mostly just trying to do their job and go home like any bored beurocrat, however don't piss them off.  They can make life miserable.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

I don't watch much TV but I saw this commercial a couple days ago during the Penguin - Montreal hockey game.  Dam, it was annoying and the Penguins went on to lose, probably because my Karma was down from the ad.

Made me want to send a video to our local Pennsylvania politicians saying "if you don't straighten up...we know where you are" and then maybe having the sound of a pump shotgun loading a round in the barrel. 

Larry

goes211's picture
goes211

Larry,

I think you just set off some alarms in the basement at the NSA.  If/when they come for you, I am going to deny that I know who you are.Wink

compinthegroove
docmims wrote:

Compinthegroove:

you are correct about the technology to find you.  However unless they have a major reason (read political or criminal) they do not have the manpower to come get you for a few thousand bucks.  My point is that they really have no idea what you owe unless you aren't filing and they are getting W2s or if YOU TELL THEM....  This is just a trolled hook in the water.  It is a bluff don't bite.Smile

Edit:  However, it you do ever get interviewed by a tax official be polite, respectful, and don't talk down to them.  Also refrain from volunteering information.  They are mostly just trying to do their job and go home like any bored beurocrat, however don't piss them off.  They can make life miserable.

I'm sure they'll have more manpower and financial resources once the federal government bails them out. 

Haha maybe Pennsyvania will get rescued by the IMF.  They can take their bailout money in SDRs and stiff the european tax payers. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments