Treasury Department mirror.

I believe
in America's almighty financial geniuses and monetary officials, who
destroy wealth indiscriminately and indefinitely, and whose kingdom
shall have no end. It is divine justice that those who cause financial
catastrophes are rewarded with public money, while innocent bystanders
are punished in their stead. I believe that central banks can print all
the money anyone will ever need. I believe that if one stimulus package
does not work, the next one surely will.

I believe
in the redeeming power of financial complexity. I believe that hedge
funds and sovereign wealth funds are righteous to enter into
incomprehensible contracts having convoluted ownership and no inherent
value. And I believe that opaque, secretive companies which pretend to
insure those investments are offering a valuable service, even if this
requires the use of public money.

I believe
that economic stability and confidence will return when every failing
business is bailed out, with no failure too small to be left behind. I
believe that all dying institutions shall be consolidated, merging the
smaller basket cases with the larger ones. The lion and the lamb shall
lie down together in a new spirit of national competitiveness.

I believe
that the end of days shall come when there is only one institution
left, comprehensively unified, far too big to fail, owning everything
and controlling nothing. All shall come and supplicate before its holy
ATM machines, for they are subtle and quick to anger. It is in this one
true financial institution that I put my faith, truly gigantic, truly
bankrupt, amen.

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/

Roy's picture
Roy
Re: Ouch!

Obviously, you must be a member of government. Is this the oath you had to take in order to secure your exalted position?

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Bluster,

You've found me out, I must've left my diary laying around. DAMN!!! How Dare you publish my private thoughts!!!

Truthfully, I live my life to this ideal every day..look, let me share a little secret of my private life...

Roy, pay attention to the position please...

Alan Bs'tard

bluster2000's picture
bluster2000

Oh-no, it wasn´t me... It was this guy from Orlov´s Blog,  Sealed, but I second itTongue out

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

...I see...So Bluster likes the old "Frame A Patsy" Routine hey? Well thank my lucky stars that 'Frank' on Orlovs blog was a smoker...

Need proof ???

The one in the red shirt in the corner :-

...hope you've kept your life insurance up to date...

Alan B'stard

P,S.

The world is a very small place to hide ... (...cackle!!!...Laughing...mule!!!...)

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

...and this is Tony Froth :- 

alias 'Roy' from post 1 of this thread :-

...being subjected to the sharpest master of diception and psychological torcher by an employee of mine, under the guise of journalism at Newstopia, showing you just how psychotic a 'Master Psychotic' can be :-

I wouldn't be anticipating another comment from him on this thread...

Alan B'stard

P.S.

"...Oh Toto, I don't think this is Kansas anymore..."

DurangoKid's picture
DurangoKid

There's more truth to this than you might at first expect. Consider the following: We are at the dawn of a new era and more importantly the sun is setting on a previous era. This previous era was a time of exponential growth in energy, population, and material resources. The conversion of resources and labor into commodities kept up with the demands of a monetary system predicated on compound interest and fractional reserve lending. Admittedly there were some rough spots along the way, but all in all it looked like a pretty good deal. Then something happened. The system that cranked out all those goods started to run out of markets for those goods. The solution was to buy cheaper labor to make those goods more attractive to buyers. Also, as the resource base started to degrade into lower quality ores and energy, those costs further drove the system to look for more markets and cheaper labor. As few people had the wages to buy these goods, the system also devised a way to lend people enough money to buy all the neat stuff. This flooded the system with a lot of new money conjured out of nowhere. Now, as the sellers and financiers of all this neat stuff ran to invest their profits in the making of more neat stuff, they found that there was no way to expand the market for neat stuff. People had about as much neat stuff as they could afford, and arguably a bit more. But, one of the rules of the system is that money must be put to work and earn more money because of a thing called The Discount Rate. This is when the new conjured up money causes existing money to lose value by inflation. Having nothing tangeable to invest in, the brokers and bankers started to invest in instruments that were based on the performace of yet more instruments. This violated the notion that money must confront commodities in a market. Under this new scheme, money confronted other money or even just the promise of money. What happened? What happened is what happens whenever people make bad promises. Bad things happen. The chain of payments that keeps money and commodities circulating began to break down. One of the assumptions under the system is that the quantity of money and commodites should always grow. That's what all of the contracts are based on. The system cannot cope with a decline in money or commodities. The system breaks down. The system is like a man driving a tired horse. The horse needs to have it's workload reevaluated. It needs some hay and oats and a long drink, It needs a good rest. But the system cannot stand still. It whips the horse for more work without any concern for the health of the horse. Now we see the horse stagger and fall. It may be too late for the poor horse. Will the horse get up? If it does, will the system let the horse recover and stop trying to get more from the horse than it can deliver? If the past behavior of the system is any indication, I don't hold out much hope for the horse.

cedar's picture
cedar

Glad I'm an aetheist. I don't believe in anything. :)

Nice post.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Ahh Mr Cedar,

had you opened all the You Tube video's along this thread, you would've been more sure of how I deal with 'Aethiests' - watch and learn - you too Mr Bluster!! There is much in lifes contension with Heaven and Hell... I always find the payment beffiting the individual; this one couldn't swim...

...here my evil laughter!!

Alan B'stard

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Ahh, the 'Durango Kid',

..your buddies should never have messed with my mule!!!

Alan B'stard (alias - The Man With No Name)

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi Bluster2000,

In all seriousness, and to Roy, Cedar and DurangoKid, there has been a raging debate that I've been a part of on another thread made by 'DrKrby' called 'Why Does The World Feel Wrong'. Its premise began on the subject of psychotic political and corporate control. The conection to this thread has its roots in similar realities and gives a depth that is the opposite of how this thread has been  managed with what I hope to be seen as honest humour. Even though it is first apparent that I have a shallow world view on here, my intensions are not to mock the very real problems that have been written of with great thought on 'This' thread by DurangoKid :-

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/why-does-world-feel-wrong/12398

Take Care,

Paul

bluster2000's picture
bluster2000

My intention in originating this thread was not to debate, but to add a doze of humor to a situation that is antything but humourous.  OK, maybe there is a fair share of sarcastic and toung-in-cheek reality view... Ok, fine.  You don´t have to recite....

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

I'm sorry Bluster,

I figured you and I were having a bit of fun too. However, I felt that 'DurangoKid' would be a little put out after spending so much time and thought writing his take on things, thats where I drew my line in the sand. I'll avoid debasing this thread any furtherFoot in mouth...

Take CareWink,

Paul

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments