OTC Gold/SilverTrading Illegal Starting 7/15/11

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
mooselick7's picture
mooselick7
OTC Gold/SilverTrading Illegal Starting 7/15/11

I just caught this piece in Zero Hedge.  http://www.zerohedge.com/article/trading-over-counter-gold-and-silver-be...

It makes me itchy and not in good way.

Is this for real or just in process of consideration?

How does this effect physical PM's?

Is this a step toward confiscation or direct regulation rather than manipulation?

Is it time to consider offshore?

How will this effect Au/Ag prices?

Emotionally, WTF?

dps's picture
dps
me too

I just picked up on this too.  Others are confused about what this means for the future of PM trading.  I sure hope some level heads will chime in on this.  ... dons

Ken C's picture
Ken C
      Jesse has some

Jesse has some comments about this:

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/

For the most part it seems like much ado about nothing with regard to gold and silver and oil etc.

mooselick7's picture
mooselick7
There are a few other

There are a few other discussions about this...

here is one from Turd's site:  (I know the name doesnt lend much credibility)

http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/turd-confused/591

Im feeling better now because it relates more to paper than physical.  Altho I believe the shutdown will place more power in the big players who manipulate the PM prices, eventually, the demand for physical will prevail when the illusion of fiat falls 

Problem is that govtments tend to steal (confiscation), plunder (tax) and destroy (war) when nobody wants to play their games anymore.

SteveW's picture
SteveW
mooselick7 wrote:  Altho I
mooselick7 wrote:

Altho I believe the shutdown will place more power in the big players who manipulate the PM prices, eventually, the demand for physical will prevail when the illusion of fiat falls 

Not sure whether this is true. Since the OTC is a black box any visible trades on COMEX can be offset OTC, or COMEX manipulation could exist merely for OTC profits.

mooselick7's picture
mooselick7
SteveW wrote: mooselick7
SteveW wrote:
mooselick7 wrote:

Altho I believe the shutdown will place more power in the big players who manipulate the PM prices, eventually, the demand for physical will prevail when the illusion of fiat falls 

Not sure whether this is true. Since the OTC is a black box any visible trades on COMEX can be offset OTC, or COMEX manipulation could exist merely for OTC profits.

The "black box" is where TPTB (big players) manipulate price and fleece the sheeple.  

Physical is manipulated with paper.  Paper ie OTC, ETF, ECT and fiat.  is a promise of physical.  If that promise can not be fulfilled then those who have physical will have real value and those that have paper will have nothing. 

Then the illusion of that promise will fail and that which you hold in your hand will pay for other goods and services of real value.   We will see the REAL value of physical metal versus fiat.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments