Opium, Cocaine, Heroine & the Money Laundering Banks

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davos's picture
Davos
Opium, Cocaine, Heroine & the Money Laundering Banks

Is Afghanistan good for banking?

Antonio Maria Costa, head of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, said he has seen evidence that the proceeds of organised crime were “the only liquid investment capital” available to some banks on the brink of collapse last year. He said that a majority of the $352bn (£216bn) of drugs profits was absorbed into the economic system as a result….

joemanc's picture
joemanc
Re: Opium, Cocaine, Heroine & the Money Laundering Banks

I've heard of this before. A quick google search confirmed it for me:

Quote:

“In June of 1999, Richard Grasso, Chairman of the New York stock exchange, went to Colombia to visit a Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) Commander to encourage him to reinvest in the U.S. financial system. At the time of his visit, the General Accounting Office reported on FARC’s growing influence in the Colombian cocaine market.”

http://www.sliderontheblack.com/politics-money-and-markets/brokedick-ban...

Can't remember where, but I heard someone say once that the CIA is the biggest drug dealer in the world.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
joemanc wrote:

Quote:

“In June of 1999, Richard Grasso, Chairman of the New York stock exchange, went to Colombia to visit a Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) Commander to encourage him to reinvest in the U.S. financial system. At the time of his visit, the General Accounting Office reported on FARC’s growing influence in the Colombian cocaine market.”

Can't remember where, but I heard someone say once that the CIA is the biggest drug dealer in the world.

Mike Rupert of From the Wilderness makes that claim. Also claims that he's had several assassination attempts pulled on him since his days from leaving the LAPD narcotics division. 

rowmat's picture
rowmat
joemanc wrote:

The CIA have used narcotics trafficking to fund covert operations since the days of the OSS.

The Iran/Contra affair was just the tip of the iceberg.

Gary Webb's 'Dark Alliance' is one book worth reading along with Mike Ruppert's 'Crossing the Rubicon'

Mentioning drug trafficking and the CIA in the same sentence is not good for one's health.

Ruppert has had several attempts on his life and as for Gary Webb...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

QUOTE: On December 10, 2004, he was found dead from two gunshot wounds to the head.Sacramento County coroner Robert Lyons determined that it was suicide.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Two gunshot wounds to the head. 

Wow, now that's quite a feat, isn't it? 

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Morpheus wrote:

Two gunshot wounds to the head. 

Wow, now that's quite a feat, isn't it? 

It's not uncommon for those who either question or challenge the status quo to meet with an untimely death.

LBJ probably holds the record for being surrounded by 'mysterious' deaths along with George H.W. Bush and the Clinton's.

It appears if you go poking your nose too deeply into their nefarious affairs you are likely to have 'bad luck' befall you.

Of course not forgetting the 3000 that died on 911 under another Bush's watchful gaze.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments