One more because I'm in a posting mood - Walter Burien

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
extant09's picture
extant09
One more because I'm in a posting mood - Walter Burien

G'day again (yes, I'm an Aussie)

After watching his doco (link below - pays to give it a bit of a watch first or you might not grasp what I'm on about.  In basic terms he says that governments are MUCH richer than they claim and that we could abolish taxation altogether), I sent walter an email... seems he is a bit of a technotopian, but I was happy to recieve a response regardless.  Any comments on his or my view would be appreciated.  I've removed personal details for privacy reasons.

INITIAL EMAIL:

Hi Walter,

I have recently come across your documentary and website via Alex Jones - and I have bought, watched, learned from and enjoyed it.

First of all I have to say that I am an Australian. So the arguments posed, while relevant, are not completely aimed at me or the populace of my country. Regardless of this though, I felt strongly compelled to write this email.

The base of you argument is so amazingly true that I couldn't stare away. When I was younger I too counted and accounted for every cent... and wondered what amazing things I could achieve with massive personal wealth. Well, the first thing that came to mind was going to space, or buying maids and slaves; but that's kids think. Once I grew a little older it was the 'well thought out plan of buying more wishes with your wishes'... DERIVATIVES defined!

What any 'real' body ends up realizing is that there is only the real operating world, and their wishes are few and far between.

I will not go into what I do, but I do ok, given the powers we fight against.

Your model is brilliant.
From progeny to elocution to summation.

But I am afraid I see a flaw in it:

All tax revenue can be reinvested within the current economy, and make a sizable return to investors. But, all economy is based upon energy invested. i.e., no matter how we fiddle the economic numbers, total energy consumed is almost lock step with GDP. Having said this, there are stretches and srinkages that would appear over large amounts of time to violate this rule... but in the end it will hold true: Our economy is based primarily on our ability to do things, and that requires energy.

With this in mind, I would like to propose first an ARGUMENT and then a SOLUTION which runs along your line of thinking:

ARGUMENT: Whether or not you have heard of, believe in, or refute the theory of peak oil, one thing can be said: "Oil is the key energy input into our global economy" It provides transport, heating, electricity, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers, plastics, textiles, durables, electricity, governance, law enforcement, etc, and is the basis of most else you can think of today ( I term this the time of 'Oil Age Man'). Going further, oil is a non renewable resource; we're running out. Without it, and growing amounts of it, we're kinda screwed.

Please don't stop reading now because you think I'm a loony.

Oil discoveries peaked world wide in the 1960's, every year since we've found less and less, and yet we use more and more. In 1970-1, USA mainland oil production peaked and, following a short crisis (read embargo), there has been a growing tendency to 'get' oil from elsewhere via whatever means, and a tendency for the population to forget the importance of this resource. Some might suggest that this is the basis of the past-yet-still-up-and-coming financial crisis; America's non-ability to procure more easy energy to grow?

Regardless, I think you see what I'm talking about.

Under the above system, everything would eventually fall to nothing according to our current way of living (i.e. we would go back to pre-colonial levels). This is unacceptable, but not unavoidable. The playout of geopoliticial oil politics will be complex and will least involve those with almost no oil. Thus the nukes and other weapons that make folks go "oooohh".

Your reinvested taxes have gone a ways to making the USA what they are today, but (AND NOW HERE'S THE RUB), they will all evaporate very quickly if there is no constant capital (and energy) investment.

Capital investment and the 'promise of return' (if only you stay in the market long enough) will dissapear in a world of shrinking energy and cash. Think about this simple example:

Pete asks bank for loan. Bank says "No, all economy is shrinking and I cannot justify a loan to you since I see no way you can repay principal, let alone any interest"... then substitute Pete for any business, enterprise, company, incorporation, firm... anyone.

The economy as we know it collapses.

SOLUTION:

Faced with this, you should teach almost exactly the same model you already have. But with a difference.

Instead of talking about government, wealth funds, money, interest, policies, state, inflation or criminal bankers... talk about an the energy economy. How can 'we the people' monopolize the energy economy before the 'big guns' even realize what that's about?

As you well know, all Fiat currencies tend towards zero. None has lasted longer than 100 years. The Fiat FRN is nearing that age, and we can all see the stresses, along with all other fiats.

So... Any firm that can invest in and reinvent energy is bound to do well in the new economy. Sounds like science fiction? So was space travel in the 1910's when we were running up against the first fiscal crisis of modern times.

Oil-less energy is the key. I certainly don't have the answer (otherwise I'd be part of the hyper-rich reinvesting elite and not writing to you), but there is a possibility.

Please think about what I have said. I realize that my solution is far more vague than my proposed problem, but so were many throughout history.

If we (and by proxy, not them) can come up with and control this new economy, then we have the REAL power.

Thank you for reading.

Regards

Paul

RESPONSE:

Paul:

Energy / = Plankton and algae from the sea. Just 3% produced each year from the worlds oceans converted to ethanol would be four times the current energy use an with solar distillation would equate to 12c to14c per liter.  Cars / ++ I am working on a multi layered paint that works as a solar cell for cars. Here it looks like a normal paint job but as your car is parked in the sun or driving down the road it is recharging. This will give the electric car a whole new meaning.

Fiat currency is not as you think. If a viable way to extract gold from sea water [2 tons of gold per cubic mile] at say five dollars an once, there goes the value of gold. If all the trees died then the value of that fiat currency would go up [it is printed on paper made from trees]

Maintaining value  of "something" where it can be used as a bartering vehicle is the only issue. The true inflation we have seen is primarily due not to business scalping but government free for all spending both internal and external spending. [easy money] Valued productivity is what stalls inflation. The end taxation plan I have brought forward has that effect.

I would imagine you like the idea of a TRF and it could be implemented in Australia   designed to eliminate all taxation in Australia.

A good example would be the City of Mesa, AZ Police Department. They pay for the majority of their operating budget (85% the last time I looked) from an investment fund they manage. I note they have the best equipment and staff because they do this and City taxes are the lowest for the same reason. The TRFs go the extra nine yards to make it !00%.

The excellent spotlight point is that in government's zeal to take it all over by investment in the last four decades, they have created the necessary financial management structure to make the TRFs happen today. Diversification between the best performing government funds makes the TRFs an ultimate success story when implemented.

A review of the many government pensions establishes the same also. A TRF is the same as a pension but designed for another and specific purpose. Meeting budgetary needs and the elimination of all taxation from the annual return accomplished therefrom.

Pass the trailer for my new video around to a few of your mates -

Walter Burien

extant09's picture
extant09
Re: One more because I'm in a posting mood - Walter Burien

As an initial response:

If all the trees died, then all of us would die and trade mediums would become irrelevant.

CAFR1's picture
CAFR1

extant09: Interesting that your only comment was on an example given that was clearly fictional and no comment on the substance of the important.

YouTube 10 Minute "Ending Taxation" introduction:

extant09's picture
extant09

Hi walter

Sorry if posting the above appears scathing.  I didn't mean it to be that way.  I believe your idea is brilliant and can be put into action given dedication from the right people.  I do not believe, however, that money/currency/taxation is the basis of our problems.  It is energy and recource depletion.

Your proposed energy solutions are novel and possible but most likely not sustainable given the position the world is in regarding depletion of rare earth metals and other vital 'technological' feed stocks - let alone the energy required to extract, distribute or manufacture them.

Regards

Paul

strabes's picture
strabes

excellent trailer Walter.  finance is the most important force in the world to understand since it controls our lives, but the average person doesn't care about it (as John Adams warned), so I suspect not nearly enough people will end up watching your video.  I guess that's why so many smart guys tend to join the bad guys in their game.

lapis's picture
lapis
strabes wrote:

excellent trailer Walter.  finance is the most important force in the world to understand since it controls our lives, but the average person doesn't care about it (as John Adams warned), so I suspect not nearly enough people will end up watching your video.  I guess that's why so many smart guys tend to join the bad guys in their game.

That's what I've been finding. I emailed Web of Debt author Ellen Brown's recent CAFR article to practically everyone I know, and I only got two responses.

"THE MYSTERIOUS CAFRS: HOW STAGNANT POOLS OF GOVERNMENT MONEY COULD HELP SAVE THE ECONOMY"

Here's a good one that focuses on California CAFRs:

"CAFR: US agencies have billions, trillions in investments while crying budget deficits"

THE MYSTERIOUS CAFRS:
HOW STAGNANT POOLS OF GOVERNMENT MONEY COULD HELP SAVE THE ECONOMY

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments