One Congressman informed

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
presidentbyamendment's picture
presidentbyamendment
One Congressman informed

I handed a printed copy of "The Shell Game Continues" to Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) yesterday.

I'd been trying to get him a copy of  "The Shell Game" since August.

I believe most of Congress do not know what the FOMC is. My sign today on the Hill called it

the Federal Office of Money Creation, in the hopes that it might make them curious.

Ron Paul didn't notice.

Rick Hohensee

presidentbyamendment.com

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: One Congressman informed

You *go* dude!

Grayson is on my imaginary list of "12 interesting people to invite to a dinner party"...

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
SagerXX wrote:

You *go* dude!

Grayson is on my imaginary list of "12 interesting people to invite to a dinner party"...

Sager -

I'll bite.......who are the other 11?

presidentbyamendment

By the way, Grayson was the first of about 15 Congresscritters who knew what I was talking about

in  presidentbyamendment.com/issues/money.html,

although the version I was handing out 6 months ago didn't have the commentary matter.

RH

presidentbyamendment

And yeah, Grayson is hilarious.

Humor on Capitol Hill is a funny thing though. I asked Barney Frank if he knew why

Geitner wasn't worried about inflation, and Frank mumbled I dunno and I said because

he has a Goldman parachute. Frank then made it clear, without mumbling, that he didn't

find that funny. Go figure.

RH

END THE FOMC

presidentbyamendment.com/issues/money.html

presidentbyamendment

ANd fair dues to Ron Paul, when he walked past my END THE FOMC sign yesterday without looking up,

he had just excoriated his colleagues for HR 2194, raising the volume on the drumbeat for war against Iran.

RH

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:
SagerXX wrote:

Sager -

I'll bite.......who are the other 11?

Well, the list varies from day to day, but lessee...seeing as how I've started the list with a politician, I'll go with it -- 

Let's call this the "Maximum Volume Dinner, (Mostly) Political Edition"

Grayson, seated next to, say, Antonin Scalia.  On Scalia's other side I'd put Oscar Wilde.  (need I mention I'm videotaping the whole thing?)

Ron Paul, seated between Grayson and (I was going to say Palin but just can't make myself do it) and Anne Richards (in this game you can invite historical [dead] and imaginary individuals).

Around one end of the table I'd have Samuel Clemens and Jonathan Swift sandwiched in with Tom De Lay and Bjork (yeah, I know, she's not political, but since the evening would be so surreal, I'd ask her to serenade us with some acapella number between the main and dessert just to take things completely over the top).

Throw in Molly Ivins and William Safire, and...what the heck, put Sarah Palin in between them for comedy relief.

Honorable mention:  Jim Hightower, King Ludwig of Bavaria, and Triumph the Comic Insult Dog.

So many possibilities, so few dinner parties...

Viva -- Sager

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Thank you Rick!

I truly appreciate your efforts to inform and edumacate.

Grayson is one of the good guys, but he's certainly got an, um, a 'style' that's unique.   A hearty potential dinner guest to be sure!!

V's picture
V

TIME-SCALE-COST

If one were to take the three concepts above and apply them to our political situation I think one would rapidly  come to the conclusion that there is no political solution to our current and future predicament.

Scale- You need 218 honest men/women in Congress to pass any legislation which would restore us to a Constitutional Republic. You need 60 Senators to go along with the same agenda. You need a President with the same qualifications.

Once you get to that point you have to have a Supreme Court which not only is sworn to uphold and protect the Constitution but will actually do it.

Time- I am in my 60's and have yet to see anything close to the above scale happening.

Cost- Well the American people do not have the money to elect honest politicians even if enough of them could be found.

Diogenes would carry a lantern in broad daylight. When asked why, he said " I am looking for an honest man' He is long gone but the search continues. A study of his life is most illuminating and worth the trip. He beat Plato at his own game and was perhaps the first person in history to deface the currency.

V

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape

First off congrats "presidentbyamendment" on getting Grayson the book.  Even more I have a lot of respect for you for going to the Hill and taking action in hopes of changing this country.

Grayson informed though?  Ehh, I'm sure they are all informed.  I’ve wanted to say this for a while. I don’t know if I trust any of them.  Grayson, Paul, etc. seem to be bones to throw our demographics (the ones that know our government is screwing us over) in hopes we’ll keep faith, that maybe the system will one day start working again and all the while its business as usual. 

I’ve often imagined behind closed doors all the congressmen and women sitting together and saying, “Okay Ron Paul and Grayson you guys have the role of the antagonist this year when it comes to banks and the Fed.  This year your main script is ‘the Fed is evil and government is inept.’”    Michele Bauchman is in the corner jumping up and down and saying she too wants to play that role.

Far fetched and cruel?  Maybe, but to me if these guys were really about their cause, they wouldn’t be sitting on Capitol Hill getting their salary from our tax receipts.  They would have realized the system is broke, has been taken over by crooks, and any real change is going to have to come from the bottom up by way of Main Street (and hopefully peacefully).  Instead of being in Capitol Hill fighting a lost battle against the Pelosi’s and Reid’s who could give a damn about us, they should be in our cities leading us to take back our country.  And I don’t think the current structure of government can accomplish this without the whole system being replaced by Graysons and Pauls.  I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Don’t get me wrong, what these guys say is great and I agree with most of it.  But nothing ever gets done.  Paul and Grayson have been grilling Bernanke for years now, and still it’s the same old thing.  In fact the Fed’s gained more power in spite of their whistle blowing. 

I know Audit the Fed.  But where is that?  If it ever passes how watered down will it be? And if it is passed I’m sure Bernanke will have prepared well in advance to make the bill a complete joke.

I’m real critical of politicians even if they sound good.  Obama whether you love him or hate him, was one of those politicians who to a majority of people sounded great.  He said all the right things. Change though?  Not the change he talked about.

Ron Paul, Alan Grayson, why would they be any different?  They sit and talk a good game, but they still serve a role in the government they so openly admit is inept.  That doesn’t make sense to me.   

If your company has been creating toys that kill kids and you have been openly criticizing them for years in hopes of changing their practices, but yet you still work there; you still work for a company that creates toys that kills kids.

Yes it is extreme comparison, but aside from that factor what’s the difference in what Grayson and Paul do?

Our political and financial system is broke and things will only get worse (see Greece for a potential vision of our future).  No posturing for viewers on C-SPAN, no signs in front of Capitol Hill, no snarky comments on forums, etc. is going to change that.  Only action (like what you did on some levels) will change this mess, and it will be a long process.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments