Oil and The Economy

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
Oil and The Economy

Does anyone else find it interesting or weird that you don't hear anyone putting at least some of the blame of high oil prices on the slow recovery?  Granted, we could go into many reason in addition to oil prices.  There is plenty of blame to be heaped on Washington.  But oil prices, I believe, are more than twice as high as last time we had a recession.  These high oil prices are just like raising taxes in the middle of a recession.

Ernest

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
Re: Oil and The Economy
ewilkerson wrote:

Does anyone else find it interesting or weird that you don't hear anyone putting at least some of the blame of  the slow recovery on high oil prices?  Granted, we could go into many reason in addition to oil prices.  There is plenty of blame to be heaped on Washington.  But oil prices, I believe, are more than twice as high as last time we had a recession.  These high oil prices are just like raising taxes in the middle of a recession.

Ernest

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

No.

You're new here so I'll go easy and not scare you too much........

There will be NO recovery.  It's not possible under the current monetary system.

Have you watched the Crash Course?  If not, do so.  If yes, then you should know the answer to this question.

Welcome!Laughing

gonzy's picture
gonzy

look at a chart of the dollar vs oil almost a mirror image.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments