Oh how to preserve LOL…Robert Prechter…you have been warned.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
idoctor's picture
idoctor
Oh how to preserve LOL…Robert Prechter…you have been warned.

Robert Prechter has some different ideas about Gold & Cash. He seems to believe Cash is the place to be at the moment. This was an interview on 2/7/2010. His past record is of interest IMHO. http://wallstreetpit.com/17621-robert-prechter-the-bond-market-is-the-biggest-bubble-in-the-history-of-the-world

idoctor's picture
idoctor
Re: Oh how to preserve LOL…Robert Prechter…you have ...

Robert Prechter: “The Bond Market is the Biggest Bubble in the History of the World”

http://wallstreetpit.com/17621-robert-prechter-the-bond-market-is-the-biggest-bubble-in-the-history-of-the-world

goes211's picture
goes211

This is interesting stuff.  I had been of the belief that that massive, if not hyper, inflation was coming soon.  I am just finishing up "Conquer the Crash" second edition and I am no longer so sure.  It is just so counter intuitive to believe that we could have real deflation in a world of fiat currencies but I have to admit that he may just be right.

The amount of credit and interest debt that have been created may just dwarf our ability to inflate our way out of this mess.  He also may be right that cash is king (especially the dollar) in the short term only to be followed with high/hyper inflationary outcome or currency crisis at the bottom of the cycle.

Time will tell but if he is right it might be too early to jump more than 10% into PMs as insurance against armageddon.

JAG's picture
JAG

From a market sentiment perspective, I would agree with Prechter's observation of a major market top in January.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments