On Obama's Stimulus: Don't Look Back, Forge Ahead to a New Century of Prosperity

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
KKPSTEIN's picture
KKPSTEIN
On Obama's Stimulus: Don't Look Back, Forge Ahead to a New Century of Prosperity

http://thebreakthrough.org/blog/2009/01/on_obamas_stimulus_dont_look_b.shtml

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine over the weekend regarding the inauguration tomorrow.  Will the market calm down after tomorrow?  Will Obama entering office inspire confidence among investors?  If so, for how long?  Would this be considered a dead cat bounce?  Any thoughts?  Cheers, Kirsty

RubberRims's picture
RubberRims
Re: On Obama's Stimulus: Don't Look Back, Forge Ahead to a ...

I wish I could hold on to some form of optimism. However I would only be fooling myself if I were to believe Obama was able to do something within the next 12 months after he takes office.

Trouble is, this banking crisis is the manifestation of superfluous spending for the last 18 years. They have tried as hard as they can to cook the books, hide the damage then place the tax payers money back in to the system to be recycled to cover more dept. No matter how hard they run the printing press, millions will be unemployed by the end of 2009.  

No When Obama enters in to office I feel something earth shattering will happen. The dept is to large and confidence is waring so very thin now. America has had the roulette wheel out of control, and is byond any physical recovery any time soon. 

Jim Rogers tells it how I see it, one week ago.

California controller to suspend tax refunds, welfare checks, student grants...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-budget17-2009jan17,0,4472460.story 

KKPSTEIN's picture
KKPSTEIN
Re: On Obama's Stimulus: Don't Look Back, Forge Ahead to a ...

Yes... People are looking forward to him getting in tomorrow and I believe there will be a response in the market.  I know a lot of people are holding out hope that Obama can change things.  Personally, I think it is too far gone with the debt and expenditure on overseas wars.

It will be an interesting day. Thx for the links!

Kirsty

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments