Obama is in trouble

58 posts / 0 new
Last post
Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 17 2009
Posts: 562
Obama is in trouble

The lastest bombshell to hit the Obama administration is the near resignation of General McChrystal. Im sure most of you have read this news piece by now.

The Obama administration has been hit with the economic situation, has exacerbated the deficit problem, has wrecked the federal balance sheet. The banker bailouts and the fact that Obama is largely seen as a wall street poodle have hurt his political points.

In addition, the gulf oil spill is a huge problem that will not go away but will likely get worse over time. Most recently, a federal judge granted a injunction against the ban on oil drilling. When Bush was critisized for the handling of Katrina, it is important to note that the hurricane came and went, and once it was gone the nations focus was put elsewhere. The spill, however, can stay with us for years. In the event that the spill gets caught in the loop current and actually makes it to the eastern coast of the US, then it is no longer seen as just a "gulf state issue". By no means am I understating the spill but making the point that the larger the geographic area that is affected, the larger the political risk for the white house.

The handling of the Afghan war is another big problem for the president. This latest issue with the general will only add to his woes. Insubordination by a top military commander is humiliating for a commander in chief and makes the president look soft to the sheeple. At this point Operation Enduring Freedom is in trouble as the taliban is getting stronger and expanding its influence and attacks across the country. The Kandahar offensive has been put on hold, the Marjah offensive has been described as a "bleeding ulcer", and the country's eastern provinces (kunar, nuristan, khost) have been for the most apart surrendered by the US army.

Im not trying to make political points for any party as Im a political atheist. The point of this post is to show how the 3 E's and the problems the world is facing will add to political risk. I wouldnt be surprised to see Obama serve as a one term president and to see sebsequent administrations end up in failure. This is what happens when decline accelerates.

So just making a note that this president is in serious trouble and I wont be surprised to see the government in a state of crisis for the next 20 years.

Davos's picture
Davos
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 17 2008
Posts: 3620
Re: Obama is in trouble

Vietnam was 103 months from the Gulf of Tonkin to the end. We are at 104 months and this moron is saying he doesn't want to do another 8 years (another 96 months) visiting Walter Reed.

 

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 13 2009
Posts: 753
Re: Obama is in trouble

I don't know what is so hard about just putting our soldiers on a ship and bring them HOME and we should close down most of our foreign bases and reduce/eliminate foreign aid.

We would save a big pile of money and step back from the ciff of bankruptcy.

 

Ken

 

Doug's picture
Doug
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 1 2008
Posts: 3176
Re: Obama is in trouble

They supposedly just discovered a $1T in mineral wealth in Afghanistan.  We will not abandon that to the Taliban.

Doug

V's picture
V
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 14 2009
Posts: 849
Re: Obama is in trouble

Not to worry. The military industrial complex is doing just fine. Profits are up across the board. Obama is just carrying out his orders.

V

PS i think he went to law school. I wonder if he paid off his loans.

Poet's picture
Poet
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 21 2009
Posts: 1891
Re: Obama is in trouble

 

I'll admit that I really don't like reading of insults to Obama. It just irks me and turns me off from whatever else is in the post. However, since I've certainly called Bush far worse elsewhere on the Internet, I'll do my best to hold my peace.

That said, the $1 Trillion to $3 Trillion worth of minerals in Afghanistan was based on surveys done back in 2003 or 2004, themselves based on surveys done by the Russians. And of coures the NY Times got hoodwinked into making it their top story as if it was news (which it was to everyone, but it wasn't new news). Makes people think maybe the Obama Administraiton needed that story...

That said, unfortunately, I think the value is undermined by the many costs:

$278 billion - Cost allocated to the war in Afghanistan since late 2001. (Costofwar.com)
$300 billion - Cost to stay another 10 years or thereabouts. (My estimate)
$700 billion - My out-of-thin air estimated cost of lingering veterans' medical care, death and disability benefits for the next few decades, to be borne mostly by the VA - i.e. war costs shifted to social spending rather than accounted for in the military budget. (Consider that 40% of the 1991 Gulf War veterans are now on disability pay. And veterans’ health and disability payments for ALL veterans rose by $228 billion in 2009 ALONE! Source: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15499.htm)
$400 billion - My out-of-thin air estimate of mining and related costs for 30 years of extraction. (Most costs not borne by the U.S., but by corporations and state-owned conglomerates - however, the profits won't be realized by the U.S. government either. First: Examples of costs: seismic studies, in-depth surveys, exploratory mines, assays, actual mining, excavation, training, labor, contracts, mining machinery, buildings, roads, rail lines, vehicles, trains, other infrastructure, security to protect mines, roads, and rail lines, insurance, war zone and terrorism insurance, community and civilian aid projects, bribes, public relations, law suits. Second: Then of course, much of the money flow will be controlled by Afghanistan strongmen like Karzai and his cronies. The profits will not go to U.S. coffers even if there were profits. Current U.S. tax laws allow favorable treatment on foreign income, which is why Exxon-Mobil paid $15 billion in income tax in 2009, but none of it to the IRS. All this despite so much of the human and financial costs being borne by the U.S. In fact, to add insult to injury, it is very likely that the various Western corporations will find themselves cut out of the picture - much like how Chinese state oil companies signed some of the most lucrative oil contracts with Iraq.)

In the end, this may well end up being America's pain and Afghanistan and China's gain. So, no. That $1 trillion to $3 trillion likely isn't going to end up in America's hands, and therefore isn't worth it, in my opinion. Obama should focus on getting us out of there as he originally said he planned on doing. If only Bush hadn't gotten us into Iraq but had instead focused on Afghanistan and Bin Laden from the beginning instead, things might have been different today.

Poet

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 7 2008
Posts: 1182
Re: Obama is in trouble

Who wins in a war? Never was in the military and don't wish to trash those who were. I come from a era of the movie "Alices Restaurant". There must be a better way than killing one another. Sad to see soldiers used as pons for those who wish to steal some one elses resources. Isn't this why terrorism happens. Those who are tired of a bigger nation, army trying to take what they feel is theirs. "Confessions of an economic hit man"

 I work at a company where so many whites absolutely hate Obama. Never missing any moment to trash him. I remember Bush and what an absolute Moron if there ever was. A president who just went threw the motions of his job. Obama seems to me a man who was thrown overboard and never thrown a life raft and everyone saying "didn't you ever learn to swim". I don't see how any man can make the office look legit now! After those of us who know that the whole system is corrupt, a ponzi scheme and anyone who tries to hold it together will just take on the Emperors clothes. Not sure why anyone would want the job. It's a thankless job and no one will ever be happy with your performance. One man cannot change the world here and if he tried would be assasinated.

 I watched the PBS report on Obama and General McChrystal. He was wrong in my opinion and the generals on the show said so. Whether he is the man for the future, that I don't know. Obama has a tough decision. Even thow I don't agree with Obama's economic plan, I can't help but see him as a most thoughtful man. I have been impressed with at least a man who thinks before he acts. Something sorely missed under the Bush administration. A man who even after his presidency says he'd torture all over again and has no regrets. A man called a monster by some. I still feel that Obama  was a better choice than Mccain was, but realize that no matter what Obama does, he will never win a second term. I just hope if the Tea party wins, Sarah Palin won't be the nominee. I will not vote for such a women. I would be just as terrified if Clinton won. Nothing against women, just don't see  better canidate then Obama in this time of strife. 

 It's easy to criticize, but it's refreshing to hear someone with at least a sense that when he makes a decision it will be one that was well thought out, verses one that he left an aid to figure, while he went golfing or vacation and slept like a baby. I see the coming years ones of complete chaos. Let us pray for our leaders to make wise decisions and for us to not jump to conclusions without first finding out the facts.

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 17 2009
Posts: 562
Re: Obama is in trouble

I want to make one thing clear: I am not attacking the merits of the president, just taking note of how the "public" percieves him at this time. I know that political posts can get nasty real fast and take away focus from the mission at hand.

The point of the original post was that the president has many headwinds to battle. The structural flaws of the global economic monetary system will continue to grow and wreak havoc across many economies. Responding to Investorzoo, you are absolutely correct that in the event that any president attempted to overhaul the existing system would find himself seeing a bright light shortly thereafter. Thus, with any administration powerless to disrupt the status quo, the pressures will continue to grow and public resentment will increasingly respond thereto. Notice how Japan has had 4 prime ministers in the past 4 years. This is a sign of things to come. Consider the Roman empire after Marcus Aurelius and how so many emperors were deposed, one after the other.

Politically instability is a huge indicator of economic instability. I just find it so fitting that many of the problems that are hurting the current administration are directly linked to the 3 E's.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: May 28 2009
Posts: 863
Re: Obama is in trouble

Obama --just give him time! 20 years to life, that is.

Nacci's picture
Nacci
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 22 2009
Posts: 194
Re: Obama is in trouble

Barack Obama is a red herring.  Having said that, I would not want to try running this Country.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 7 2008
Posts: 1182
Re: Obama is in trouble

I would advise anyone who hasn't seen this to watch it. Sure puts things in perspective.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/cron/

ashvinp's picture
ashvinp
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 21 2010
Posts: 412
Re: Obama is in trouble
bearmarkettrader wrote:

Politically instability is a huge indicator of economic instability. I just find it so fitting that many of the problems that are hurting the current administration are directly linked to the 3 E's.

Here's what Karl Marx, an economic genius IMO, had to say:

Quote:

In the social production of their existence, men inevitably enter into definite relations, which are independent of their will, namely relations of production appropriate to a given stage in the development of their material forces of production. The totality of these relations of production constitutes the economic structure of society, the real foundation, on which arises a legal and political superstructure and to which correspond definite forms of social consciousness. The mode of production of material life conditions the general process of social, political and intellectual life … changes in the economic foundation lead sooner or later to the transformation of the whole immense superstructure.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 22 2008
Posts: 2369
Re: Obama is in trouble

Doug,

Can you site a source for that 1 Trillion in Mineral Resources figure?
That'd be a pretty compelling estimate, and really lead to solidifying McChrystal's latent point, and the point of many on here: that our involvement is superficial and that's stupidity.

Cheers,

Aaron

Sam's picture
Sam
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 5 2009
Posts: 51
Re: Obama is in trouble

Er...all that Afghani mineral wealth doesnt really belong to the Corporate States of America. Unless you are suggesting that we heroic Americans would ever take something by force.

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: May 31 2009
Posts: 62
Re: Obama is in trouble

More smoke and mirrors.  Doesn't our occupation have more to do with oil than anything?  I doubt Obama has much say over the war.  It seems to me multinational corporations are using our troops for corporate warfare in securing oil supplies from the Chinese and Russians.  

I watched the Oil Factor last night and now have a new take on the war.  I'm still fact checking some of the movie so my view is not fully supported though I've supplied links on info I have been able to verify and give background to the situation.  We do know that Eurasia and the Middle East region have some of the last plentiful oil reserves.  From the movie's perspective Afghanistan is one of several countries in the region were we need to "install" democracy to protect our oil interests.  Supposedly after we helped the Taliban fight the Soviets, the Taliban decided to strike a pipeline deal with Argentina's oil company Bridas (this is unrelated but they now have close ties with BP) rather than our California based oil company, Unocal .   Supposedly this pipeline would favor China and given their population and demand for oil, the US was not happy with that plan.  So now we are in Afghanistan trying to install democracy via CIA's golden boy Karzai in order to make sure we get our pipeline.

IMHO, this war has little to do with terror and more to do with Energy.  I'm interested to see how this plays out though.  Where would McChrystal go if he stepped down?  I'm sure there's some big players from the former administration that would love to use him in advancing their private interests where it concerns building oil infrastructure and securing oil.  Xe immediately comes to mind.

soulsurfersteph's picture
soulsurfersteph
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 16 2010
Posts: 204
Re: Obama is in trouble

@investorzzo: I'm a white woman and I can't stand Obama. I didn't like Bush either. Are you insinuating that if a white person doesn't like Obama, they are racist? In the same post, you then go on about how if either of the top two women politicians were elected president it would terrify you. Should I assume you are therefore a woman-hating misogynist and chauvinist pig?

Everyone is going on about how "smart" Obama is. I knew prior to his election we were in deep doo-doo, and I hadn't even started reading Karl Denninger yet. I have absolutely no sympathy for any politician who *chose* to be become president at this time, and now goes "oooh woe is me, look at this awful hand I was dealt." If you are so damn smart, Obama, you should have known this would be a tough time to be president. Look, you wanted the job, you said you had the answers, now give us solutions. Or shut up and stop whining.

As for your golfing comment, you are talking about Obama, right? After all, he's gone golfing way more than Bush ever did. 

It's not about race for me. Obama is a failure as a leader. He has handled the oil spill in the worst way imaginable. He passively sits by and lets BP muck things up more rather than rallying everyone to get this thing taken care of. I am not even getting into the other stuff he's done that I don't like. But as far as I'm concerned, he's probably the worst president we could get at this time...well, maybe having Bush continue on with a third term would be worse, but not by much.

At this point the government will probably collapse and we'll have to start fresh...leadership therefore needs to come from the people. The parties are broken and corrupt. The tea party (of which I am not a member but I applaud their grassroots efforts) is the only thing standing up against all this insanity. We need more of that from all sides of the political spectrum. Rise up, America, and take your country back.

investorzzo wrote:

I work at a company where so many whites absolutely hate Obama. Never missing any moment to trash him. I remember Bush and what an absolute Moron if there ever was. A president who just went threw the motions of his job. Obama seems to me a man who was thrown overboard and never thrown a life raft and everyone saying "didn't you ever learn to swim". I don't see how any man can make the office look legit now! After those of us who know that the whole system is corrupt, a ponzi scheme and anyone who tries to hold it together will just take on the Emperors clothes. Not sure why anyone would want the job. It's a thankless job and no one will ever be happy with your performance. One man cannot change the world here and if he tried would be assasinated.

 I watched the PBS report on Obama and General McChrystal. He was wrong in my opinion and the generals on the show said so. Whether he is the man for the future, that I don't know. Obama has a tough decision. Even thow I don't agree with Obama's economic plan, I can't help but see him as a most thoughtful man. I have been impressed with at least a man who thinks before he acts. Something sorely missed under the Bush administration. A man who even after his presidency says he'd torture all over again and has no regrets. A man called a monster by some. I still feel that Obama  was a better choice than Mccain was, but realize that no matter what Obama does, he will never win a second term. I just hope if the Tea party wins, Sarah Palin won't be the nominee. I will not vote for such a women. I would be just as terrified if Clinton won. Nothing against women, just don't see  better canidate then Obama in this time of strife. 

 It's easy to criticize, but it's refreshing to hear someone with at least a sense that when he makes a decision it will be one that was well thought out, verses one that he left an aid to figure, while he went golfing or vacation and slept like a baby. I see the coming years ones of complete chaos. Let us pray for our leaders to make wise decisions and for us to not jump to conclusions without first finding out the facts.

Poet's picture
Poet
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 21 2009
Posts: 1891
Re: Obama is in trouble

I think the biggest problem is, no one mainstream enough to get elected President, could do a good job by this point. The entrenched interests are just too powerful and the alternatives to prolonging the status quo possibly too horrifying to contemplate.

Just look at the Greeks. Their unions are holding strikes and blocking ships and roads, stranding thousands of tourists - all in an economic climate where vacationers are cancelling plans due to lack of funds, and chaos is causing even those with the funds to vacation to decide to go elsewhere instead. For a country where 20% of the economy is tourism, this is economic suicide.

And so food stamps go to 13% of Americans, "quantitative easing" continues, and bail-outs continue - all while lobbyists fight to water down Wall Street  regulation, avoid financial reform (lobbyists for auto dealers just got themselves exempted from a newly planned consumer protection agency), and continue other favorable policies like contractor-and-defense-industry-friendly wars.

Poet

The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: May 31 2009
Posts: 62
Re: Obama is in trouble
soulsurfersteph wrote:

@investorzzo: I'm a white woman and I can't stand Obama. I didn't like Bush either. Are you insinuating that if a white person doesn't like Obama, they are racist? In the same post, you then go on about how if either of the top two women politicians were elected president it would terrify you. Should I assume you are therefore a woman-hating misogynist and chauvinist pig?

Everyone is going on about how "smart" Obama is. I knew prior to his election we were in deep doo-doo, and I hadn't even started reading Karl Denninger yet. I have absolutely no sympathy for any politician who *chose* to be become president at this time, and now goes "oooh woe is me, look at this awful hand I was dealt." If you are so damn smart, Obama, you should have known this would be a tough time to be president. Look, you wanted the job, you said you had the answers, now give us solutions. Or shut up and stop whining.

As for your golfing comment, you are talking about Obama, right? After all, he's gone golfing way more than Bush ever did. 

It's not about race for me. Obama is a failure as a leader. He has handled the oil spill in the worst way imaginable. He passively sits by and lets BP muck things up more rather than rallying everyone to get this thing taken care of. I am not even getting into the other stuff he's done that I don't like. But as far as I'm concerned, he's probably the worst president we could get at this time...well, maybe having Bush continue on with a third term would be worse, but not by much.

At this point the government will probably collapse and we'll have to start fresh...leadership therefore needs to come from the people. The parties are broken and corrupt. The tea party (of which I am not a member but I applaud their grassroots efforts) is the only thing standing up against all this insanity. We need more of that from all sides of the political spectrum. Rise up, America, and take your country back.

investorzzo wrote:

I work at a company where so many whites absolutely hate Obama. Never missing any moment to trash him. I remember Bush and what an absolute Moron if there ever was. A president who just went threw the motions of his job. Obama seems to me a man who was thrown overboard and never thrown a life raft and everyone saying "didn't you ever learn to swim". I don't see how any man can make the office look legit now! After those of us who know that the whole system is corrupt, a ponzi scheme and anyone who tries to hold it together will just take on the Emperors clothes. Not sure why anyone would want the job. It's a thankless job and no one will ever be happy with your performance. One man cannot change the world here and if he tried would be assasinated.

 I watched the PBS report on Obama and General McChrystal. He was wrong in my opinion and the generals on the show said so. Whether he is the man for the future, that I don't know. Obama has a tough decision. Even thow I don't agree with Obama's economic plan, I can't help but see him as a most thoughtful man. I have been impressed with at least a man who thinks before he acts. Something sorely missed under the Bush administration. A man who even after his presidency says he'd torture all over again and has no regrets. A man called a monster by some. I still feel that Obama  was a better choice than Mccain was, but realize that no matter what Obama does, he will never win a second term. I just hope if the Tea party wins, Sarah Palin won't be the nominee. I will not vote for such a women. I would be just as terrified if Clinton won. Nothing against women, just don't see  better canidate then Obama in this time of strife. 

 It's easy to criticize, but it's refreshing to hear someone with at least a sense that when he makes a decision it will be one that was well thought out, verses one that he left an aid to figure, while he went golfing or vacation and slept like a baby. I see the coming years ones of complete chaos. Let us pray for our leaders to make wise decisions and for us to not jump to conclusions without first finding out the facts.

Blaming any one president (who is really nothing more than a corporate sponsored puppet) while perhaps warranted, shifts the focus from the root problem...

 

tom.'s picture
tom.
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 18 2008
Posts: 345
Re: Obama is in trouble
Quote:

Blaming any one president (who is really nothing more than a corporate sponsored puppet) while perhaps warranted, shifts the focus from the root problem...

That was a great slam graphic Ape .. best I've seen

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 17 2009
Posts: 562
Re: Obama is in trouble

Tom and Ape: amen

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 7 2008
Posts: 1182
Re: Obama is in trouble

@investorzzo: I'm a white woman and I can't stand Obama. I didn't like Bush either. Are you insinuating that if a white person doesn't like Obama, they are racist? In the same post, you then go on about how if either of the top two women politicians were elected president it would terrify you. Should I assume you are therefore a woman-hating misogynist and chauvinist pig?

What I'm saying is that some of the criticism coming from whites is racist in nature. You know when someone is trashing someone if it comes across not as an argument, but as an outright attack in nature. Against the persons character, especially when you know the person has no idea what he's talking about. As to Palin, she is a joke! Her only popularity is with the so called Christian right. Even Clinton would be better. My problem with her is she was married to a liar and if you watch frontline "The Warning" don't need another Clinton as president. Man or women. Bush was known as the vacation president. I don't have a problem with taking a vacation, if your actually working. Bush was the biggest joke ever. Harvard and Yale. Who did his homework for him? I could do a better job-reason, I care about more than the elite.

As to some of your other comments, well I leave those to others..........

soulsurfersteph's picture
soulsurfersteph
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 16 2010
Posts: 204
Re: Obama is in trouble

@investorzzo If some of the criticism against Obama by whites is "racist in nature," then I suppose some of the criticism of Palin by men is sexist in nature? Logically? So when you say "Palin is a joke" where is your substantive critique? Or are you judging her due to her gender and religion? Which makes you a religious bigot too, potentially.

How about we make a deal, you stop assuming whites are racist when they criticize Obama, and I won't assume you are a sexist or religious bigot when you criticize Palin. Fair enough?

So can we have a substantive discussion about the topic at hand without throwing veiled or not-so-veiled charges of racism in the mix? It's non-productive and tiresome. Obama needs to suck up the criticism just like every white male president did before him. 

PS I know two very non-religious non-Christian lesbians who happen to be huge fans of Palin. And a Latino who is Catholic but not evangelical. So much for stereotyping.

investorzzo wrote:

What I'm saying is that some of the criticism coming from whites is racist in nature. You know when someone is trashing someone if it comes across not as an argument, but as an outright attack in nature. Against the persons character, especially when you know the person has no idea what he's talking about. As to Palin, she is a joke! Her only popularity is with the so called Christian right. Even Clinton would be better. My problem with her is she was married to a liar and if you watch frontline "The Warning" don't need another Clinton as president. Man or women. Bush was known as the vacation president. I don't have a problem with taking a vacation, if your actually working. Bush was the biggest joke ever. Harvard and Yale. Who did his homework for him? I could do a better job-reason, I care about more than the elite.

As to some of your other comments, well I leave those to others..........

idoctor's picture
idoctor
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 4 2008
Posts: 1731
Re: Obama is in trouble

Bashing doesn't help....we need solutions.

r's picture
r
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 262
Re: Obama is in trouble
idoctor wrote:

Bashing doesn't help....we need solutions.

We're definitely in trouble.  Bashing is all we got.

DRHolden's picture
DRHolden
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 18 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Obama is in trouble

Maybe Obama can bring us an energy independent future

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-june-16-2010/an-energy-independent...

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 10 2008
Posts: 1995
Re: Obama is in trouble

The President was never supposed to wield dictatorial power but we have been in a perpetual state of war while pretending that we are being attacked.  And of course, we have the financial crisis that has been used to extend the powers of the non-Federal Reserve and Wall Street.  Rahm Emanuel has been working the "never let a crisis go to waste" strategy of chaos in seizing unprecedented power for Barry Sorento (aka Obama) and his bosses at governBank Inc.

Any freedom loving American should be appalled at the unabashed and unconstitutional power grab by the Barry Sorento regime.  They are implementing their agenda despite the objections of the people they supposedly represent.  

We need to have a referendum vote and/or a vote of no-confidence that takes some of Barry Sorento's power away.  It's not just him as the Bush regime was just as corrupt.  It is time to end the imperial presidency.   

agitating prop wrote:

Obama --just give him time! 20 years to life, that is.

LOL - That would be a great start! 

“If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts.”  - George H.W. Bush

Larry 

idoctor's picture
idoctor
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 4 2008
Posts: 1731
Re: Obama is in trouble

We're definitely in trouble.

+ infinity & beyond LOL!!

V's picture
V
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 14 2009
Posts: 849
Re: Obama is in trouble

Not to nit pick Larry but it is Soetero not Sorento

V

DmaxSilver's picture
DmaxSilver
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 20 2009
Posts: 24
Re: Obama is in trouble

Who wins in a war? The BANKS!!!

V's picture
V
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 14 2009
Posts: 849
Re: Obama is in trouble

This is the scariest thread I have seen on this site.

It is scary not because Sarah palin is going to be the next president. Nor is it scary becuase Obama is our current president and Bush before him. It is scary because of the number of posters who are completely naive about how our politiacal system runs

It is scary because the only thing that has a snowballs chance of being a solution is not able to be discussed even though it is in the Declaration of Independence. It is scary because what happened in 1776 , 1789, 1917 and what is happening in Greece are abject failures

It is scary because Edward Bernays unlocked the door to real power and after a century of self we are incapable of critical thinking. It is scary because every president is chosen by the CFR, and the Trilateral Commissi0on and kowtows to them and AIPAC. (There is a video on youtube which has been posted here of Hillary Clinton addressing the CFR and saying this is where we get our directions from)

It is scary because the American people had an opportunity in the last election to vote for and elect not only the first black president but the first woman as well. Cynthia Mckinney. She is a remarkable woman quite capable of speaking truth to power. It was also an opportunity to vote third party and actually begin the process of having a choice in elections. It is scary that people give lip service to change and then continue the same patterns.

Finally I guess it is scary that some would give credence to the premise that Obama is in trouble. He has a salary of 400k, he lives at 1600 Pennslylvania Ave. Has the largest most powerful military in the world at his disposal. His kids in private school. No worries about health insurance , mortgage payments, retirement, inflation/deflation, food security, etc. etc. etc. In other words he does not have any of the issues 98% of the American people deal with on a daily basis. His only issue is getting his lines right when not in front of a teleprompter.

If ignorance is bliss the American people are ecstatic..........................that is scary.

V

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 7 2008
Posts: 1182
Re: Obama is in trouble
V wrote:

This is the scariest thread I have seen on this site.

It is scary not because Sarah palin is going to be the next president. Nor is it scary becuase Obama is our current president and Bush before him. It is scary because of the number of posters who are completely naive about how our politiacal system runs

It is scary because the only thing that has a snowballs chance of being a solution is not able to be discussed even though it is in the Declaration of Independence. It is scary because what happened in 1776 , 1789, 1917 and what is happening in Greece are abject failures

It is scary because Edward Bernays unlocked the door to real power and after a century of self we are incapable of critical thinking. It is scary because every president is chosen by the CFR, and the Trilateral Commissi0on and kowtows to them and AIPAC. (There is a video on youtube which has been posted here of Hillary Clinton addressing the CFR and saying this is where we get our directions from)

It is scary because the American people had an opportunity in the last election to vote for and elect not only the first black president but the first woman as well. Cynthia Mckinney. She is a remarkable woman quite capable of speaking truth to power. It was also an opportunity to vote third party and actually begin the process of having a choice in elections. It is scary that people give lip service to change and then continue the same patterns.

Finally I guess it is scary that some would give credence to the premise that Obama is in trouble. He has a salary of 400k, he lives at 1600 Pennslylvania Ave. Has the largest most powerful military in the world at his disposal. His kids in private school. No worries about health insurance , mortgage payments, retirement, inflation/deflation, food security, etc. etc. etc. In other words he does not have any of the issues 98% of the American people deal with on a daily basis. His only issue is getting his lines right when not in front of a teleprompter.

If ignorance is bliss the American people are ecstatic..........................that is scary.

V

Thanks V, The lesser of two evils. We must stop voting for the two party system. I for one will not again. I also wonder if this means hyper inflation, as  the public just won't end the status quo?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments