Obama - a social unrest antidote?

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
mihaibarsan's picture
mihaibarsan
Obama - a social unrest antidote?

A twisted, conspiracy-minded person, couldn't help thinking:

What if Obama is now US President because "the powerful ones" needed a figure that would prevent social unrest from the disdvantaged American classes in the tough years to come? 

I could imagine he could get away with almost anything in this moment, blaming it on crisis and the need for extraordinary measures in extraordinary times.

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly
Re: Obama - a social unrest antidote?

Then the so called "powerful ones" are not so bright because Obama may have set off a chain of events that could devastate America. Which includes widespread social unrest.  Of course, I believe conspiracy theories are silly.

mihaibarsan's picture
mihaibarsan
Quote:

Then the so called "powerful ones" are not so bright because Obama may
have set off a chain of events that could devastate America. Which
includes widespread social unrest.

Could be, actually such cases when people put in power turned against the ones who put them there are quite common in history.

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

conspiracy theories are silly till proven then they simply become conspiracies.

i suggest you check out wiki on conspiracies.

a conspiracy is two or more people getting together for illegal or harmful purposes of course this is completely silly it never happens. why there is no such thing as the mafia. the whole concept is a cultural assault on italians.

of course the gov. actually has silly laws on the books which prosecute conspirators. one of my best friends ended up in club fed for 7 years for conspiracy...........oh that was just silly.

of course there are a lot of silly things in the world but politeness demands i stop here.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

Glad you said that, Joe.

I think the whole notion of conspiracy theories is silly, meaning the calling of something a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theories are relative. Most mainstream folks consider this website based on conspiracy theories. In general, I think people who use the term are intellectually lazy because instead of bothering to refute something or offer a counter idea they simply label it a conspiracy theory. And, of course, no respectable person believes in "conspiracy theories."

machinehead's picture
machinehead

On election night my wife commented, 'Now that the plutocrats have
stolen trillions, they're ready to turn the looted country over to the
first African-American president.'

It's a curious fact that the urban riots of the 1960s -- never adequately explained -- occurred after
some major political gains, such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and
the Voting Rights Act of 1965. A case of rising expectations that
couldn't be met? I still don't know.

Aside from political straws
in the wind, it's certainly true that high unemployment is a risk
factor for social unrest. You've got folks with time on their hands and
economic frustration on their minds. Such as the 100,000 people in the
streets of Dublin this weekend, angered by unemployment and pension
cutbacks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7903518.stm 

Already some student uprisings
reminiscent of the 1960s are happening, such the NYU protest last week.
Suffice it to say that the probability of social unrest this summer is
higher than it has been for a while.

A conspiracy theory might be
that a right-wing remnant wants to discredit Obama by showing him to be
as ineffective as Johnson (riots, Vietnam) and Carter (inflation, gas
crisis, Iran). If so, Obama has blundered right into their trap by
escalating the occupation of Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires.

The
intellectual error that presidential contenders make is the same one
committed by the Federal Reserve -- their irrational belief that
central planning and rule by decree can 'add value.' In my opinion, it
just isn't so. Taking the reins of an insolvent economy during an epic
Bubble collapse is an extremely high-risk career gamble, with the
emphasis on gamble.
Frankly, I don't think the economists' prototypical 'prudent man' would
take such a bet. The folks in charge of this country, in both parties,
are not prudent. They are consistently reckless.

WorkinStiff's picture
WorkinStiff

More grist for the conspiracy mill:Google the "Cloward-Piven strategy"or 'Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured crisis'...

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
mihaibarsan wrote:

What if Obama is now US President because "the powerful ones" needed a figure that would prevent social unrest from the disdvantaged American classes in the tough years to come? 

I could imagine he could get away with almost anything in this moment, blaming it on crisis and the need for extraordinary measures in extraordinary times.

Yes... he does seem to appeal to almost all of the classes.

grl's picture
grl
mihaibarsan wrote:

I am not sure how serious your question was but after spending a weekend home sick and thus more time than usual on this website and others, I am going to understand it as a serious question. I am confused and I must admit disappointed at all the conspiracy minded people on this site. I am trying to understand....how do "the powerful ones" pull the strings exactly? Who are they, how many of them? How do they rig elections as this question implies? How do they get a bunch of Muslims to fly into skyscrapers (and so on)? How do they organize this control over the world? How do they keep it secret among themselves? None of this conspiracy stuff makes any sense to me.

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

If we really want social stability then we are going to start to address the root cause of our finacial problems.  Unless I'm mistaken, money is the one common bond that makes or breaks a society.

part 1 (watch in full screen HD)

part 2 (watch in full screen HD)

mihaibarsan's picture
mihaibarsan
Quote:

I am trying to understand....how do "the powerful ones" pull the strings exactly?

Of course they don't pull all the strings, but at least some can be pulled.

No-one can buy popular vote of an entire nation, but a few people (from more than one party) can influence a great deal who are the candidates.

And even though anybody may rise one day to be a president, it can't be done without the approval of the ruling classes in a conservative capitalist society like the US (and it's a good thing, otherwise you get Chavez).

machinehead's picture
machinehead
Lisa G wrote:
mihaibarsan wrote:

How do they organize this control
over the world? How do they keep it secret among themselves? None of
this conspiracy stuff makes any sense to me.

Take a specific example -- the John Kennedy
assassination. The official explanation of the Warren commission was
that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin. Yet plenty of physical
evidence -- Oswald's feat of aiming at a distant moving vehicle, the
number of rounds fired, their angle of entry into Connally and Kennedy,
and other irregularities -- corresponds better to multiple shooters.

The
truly extraordinary event was Oswald's subsequent assassination -- in
front of dozens of witnesses -- by Mob-connected nightclub owner Jack
Ruby. It sometimes happens in murder cases that a member of the
victim's family will seek retribution against the murderer -- though
usually after biding his time for an opportunity that won't involve
getting caught. But Ruby was not insane, was not known as a political
partisan, and had no identifiable motive for clumsily shooting Oswald
right in front of law enforcement witnesses, which surely would and did
result in Ruby remaining in custody for the rest of his life.

Under
the 'lone assassin' theory, Ruby's act makes no sense. But if Oswald
was a hired killer who knew the identities of his contacts, then
rubbing him out to prevent him from 'singing' to the authorities made a
great deal of sense to someone. And the Mob, at the time, was the best
source of professional killers to eliminate witnesses.

It isn't far-fetched
that a political or criminal group might have motives for engaging in
assassination. What IS far-fetched is that the Warren commission went
to such elaborate lengths to exclude this logical possibility, in favor
of the more unlikely explanation that a lone assassin could have pulled
it off, and then been bizarrely murdered himself before interrogation.

The
JFK assassination is the granddaddy, the litmus test of conspiracy
theory. Any open-minded, unbiased investigator with a scientific frame
of mind would want to thoroughly explore both lone-assassin and
multiple-sniper theories. The Warren commission's relentless push for
the lone-assassin theory, even in the face of some extraordinary facts
pointing to the contrary, is extremely strange -- and difficult to
explain away as an accident or a simple mistake.

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

Keyes: Stop Obama or U.S. will cease to exist

Greg

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

How about we stop this debt from getting larger?  Seems to me that should be the main focus of our battle, before the USA gets foreclosed on.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Lisa G

Who are they, how many of them? How do they rig elections as this
question implies? How do they get a bunch of Muslims to fly into
skyscrapers (and so on)? How do they organize this control over the
world? How do they keep it secret among themselves?

First of all, most of it is not a well kept secret.  This is part of a long, ongoing history - a struggle for financial control and the subjugation of nations by an elite few.  I suggest you start with some history - here's a video that may help, unfortunately, it's fairly long:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

Hope you find the video interesting!

pir8don's picture
pir8don

Whether black or white, expectations have been raised. Such expectations when dashed can leave those who had the expectations somewhat disgruntled.

Obama himself pointed out that if the US was prepared to elect a black president then they must be in a bad way (or words to that effect - had a quick failure to find the link - do remember reading his comments though)

Don

7 billion people can be wrong, very wrong

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

try this one lisa

the man who was president and ceo of diebold, the company that makes voting machines , wrote in a letter that he was personally guranteeing that george bush would win ohio in 04.

btw he was chairman of the ohio republican party.

guess which state bush needed to win in 04?

it is not too difficult to figure out but you have to hava an open mind. accidents happen to people that think accidents happen.

this country was hijacked a long time ago. no one i mean no one gets to run for president unless they are approved to run by the cfr, tri lateral commish etc.

ask yourself why only two people get to debate in front of the american people. is it because anyone can become president.

why did obama receive 4x the money that mcain did from wall street?

how do they pull the strings exactly? just follow the money my dear just follow the money. who controls the media?

have you checked on your congressman and senators where they get their money from ?

i will guarantee they get a lions share fron the financial institutions.

it has been estimated that the rothschild family controls 500 trillion dollars. i believe that is way too high but they control more than anyone else and that gives them unliimited power.

i have written on this site before. i saw the plans for the world trade center in the mid sixties my father in law was deputy comptroller of the new york port authority. there is no way a plane would cause the collapse of one of those building let alone both.

building number seven collapsed and did not get hit by a plane. in the entire history of steel and concrete construction no building ever fell down because of a fire. but on one day three of them did. why didnt the pentagon collapse as well?

in arkansas we have what we call an arkancide. it first happened when clinton was governor. an arkacide is when a body is found floating face down in a pond with 5 bullets to the back of the head. the gun is found in a dumpster in the next county. it is then ruled death by drowning...........accidental

if you dont start paying attention we are doomed. and that is not a conspiracy theory

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Lisa G wrote:

I am not sure how serious your question was but after spending a weekend home sick and thus more time than usual on this website and others, I am going to understand it as a serious question. I am confused and I must admit disappointed at all the conspiracy minded people on this site. I am trying to understand....how do "the powerful ones" pull the strings exactly? Who are they, how many of them? How do they rig elections as this question implies? How do they get a bunch of Muslims to fly into skyscrapers (and so on)? How do they organize this control over the world? How do they keep it secret among themselves? None of this conspiracy stuff makes any sense to me.

I recommend watching the Zeitgeist movie at http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Watch the first movie then the second (addendum)

grl's picture
grl

machinehead, this is a VERY delayed response but I just happened to read your reply to my question. I am not sure you will ever even read this but I think I have something to say in response. Now it may mean nothing but here is a very true story.

I have a personal connection, however remote, to the Kennedy assassination and I think it gives me some credibility to refute the conspiracy theories. I was but a small child living in Richardson Texas (a suburb of Dallas) when Kennedy was assassinated. My father was a block or two streets beyond when Kennedy was shot. but that's not the point...here's my connection though (actually two):

The Oswalds lived in Richardson Texas where I lived at that time. My parents were very close friends with a Russian expat who, in turn, was very good friends with the Oswalds. In fact, I believe this expat (a woman who was a very close friend of my mother) was best friends with Marina (Oswald's wife). We lived maybe a mile away from the Oswalds and my parents had a passing relationship with Marina (though not Lee).

The other connection: we were among the very, very few Jewish families who lived in the Dallas area then so the community was tight. Ruby was among that community so rumors will spread.

Here's my understanding having been a percipient witness of sorts: Ruby, a nightclub owner, had some connections with the "criminal" community (back when Dallas was a cow-town, they liked to call it "Mafia" but I doubt it) so he was something of a mobster. He, like almost all the Jewish community at that time was an ardent Kennedy supporter/lover. (You have to understand the early 60's and the Jewish connection to Kennedy and MLK.) Gossip in the community at that time NEVER implicated a conspiracy. Everyone understood why Ruby, who had exposure to guns, killing etc., in a fit of genuine emotional grief, shot Oswald.

In the meantime, my family was in a rather unique situation given the connection to Marina.  Now I don't know that much about Lee Oswald's actions. I know that it was a total shock to Marina and unless they kept very tight lips, she had no clue what her husband was going to do.

I had almost forgotten my personal exposure to the Kennedy assassination until I got on this website and was exposed to all the conspiracy-minded folks here. My parents, of course, were much more aware and I believe if I ask them today about the conspiracy theories that you and other espouse they would think you are well..... crazy. They are both still very much alive (in their 70's) and of sound mind. I am going to explore this with them. But it seems to me, given our closeness to the events, I would be more suspicious than most if there were a conspiracy. After all, in communities as tight as those were in that day, some word would have been uttered.

strabes's picture
strabes

Well there you go...somebody with a 3rd or 4th-hand hearsay relationship to Oswald has just solved the biggest mystery of all time, while all the wasted commissions, investigations, lawyers, and FBI got nowhere.  Shazam!

Lisa, have you heard of Dennis Rader?  His neighborhood, church, and family knew him intimately for more than 30 years and thought he was one of the nicest people they ever met.  Turns out he was a famous mass murderer...the BTK killer.  I'm just making the point that hearsay is meaningless and neighbors don't know beans if a person doesn't want them to know.  CIA, KGB, Mossad, MI5 operators do this regularly.  Criminals and mafia certainly do it. Jack Bauer does it.  Cool   Corporate nice guys in suits do it as they head to Vegas for prostitution or simple cheating while their wives at home think everything's fine...they all agree "what happens here stays here"...that's a conspiracy.  Our DC politicians do it with high-society prostitution rings there.  My dad likes to show me the knives he buys and he whispers "don't tell your mom."  The allure of secrecy in one's life seems to be almost embedded in every person, especially males.  Why don't you believe that there could be bigger criminals with billions playing on a bigger scale who enjoy secrecy too?  For billionaires, taking secret prostitution trips with their buddies would be a boring conspiracy when they have the means to pulloff things so much more entertaining and powerful.  One such billionaire...Bin Laden, though he eventually "went public" (ever wonder how ridiculous and conspiratorial it would've sounded if someone talked about Bin Laden's plans before the 90's before he did anything? nobody would've believed it.  there's the dilemma to ever tackling a conspiracy until it's too late).

It's so interesting how the masses are more than willing to believe any possible conspiracy they see on TV...Madoff, Enron, mafia, Bin Laden, pipe bomber at the olympics, Hillary's vast right-wing conspiracy, traitors in the DC bureaucracy, etc etc etc. some of which were true, and some of which were not.   People believe these things just from a press report...before anything is proven, before lawyers process evidence.  All it takes is any DA staging an arrest scene and putting it on TV and, voila, 350,000,000 people believe the guy's a criminal conspirator and they need to be strung up and hung.   Yet people on this site talk about the very well proven super rich people and structure behind the Federal Reserve banking system...it's in public docs folks...and the organizations around that structure (the regional Fed banks, key Wall St banks, CFR, Trilateral, Bilderberg, IMF, World Bank, UN) and people don't believe it and think anybody who talks about it is a nutjob.  

Human psychology is so odd. 

grl's picture
grl
strabes wrote:

Human psychology is so odd. 

yes it is. Thank you Strabes for that essay.

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

Sorry strabes, but I have to go with Lisa on this one.  JFK conspiracies is just entertainment gone off the deep end.  Waaaay off, if you catch my drift.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments