Obama Logic

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davos's picture
Davos
Obama Logic

"It is important though to recognize if we keep on adding to the debt, even in the midst of this recovery, that at some point, people could lose confidence in the U.S. economy in a way that could actually lead to a double-dip recession," he said.

I'd consider that to be a true statement, with one caveat being that since we already have about 100 trillion in debt that we are insolvent and people should have already lost faith in us. But hey, like Enron, perception matters more than fundamental facts.

The entire point of my post was that he says something like this - and what does he do? Health care.

Call me crazy. 

docmims's picture
docmims
Re: Obama Logic

YOU CAN'T TELL ME THAT AMERICANS CAN'T SPEND OUR WAY OUT OF THIS CRISIS!!  THIS IS AMERICA, AND I'M YOUR PRESIDENT!!

I had some other remarks, but the teleprompter went down... I'll get back to you tomorrow.

thanks,

BO

Davos's picture
Davos

Tongue out Funny!

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Can't talk the talk if you don't walk the walk.

Then again, I guess they can...

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Obama's words have no connection to reality.   90% of the time he is dishonest and the other 10% he talks out his butt.  Fortunately, I have a teleprompter lie interpreter and will translate his recent dribbling:

"if we keep on adding to the debt, even in the midst of this recovery, that at some point, people could lose confidence in the U.S. economy"  - Obama

Translation:

"No freebies or help for the people, the banks and China have told me that if we waste money on the people they will be mad.  And so, to keep their confidence, I will be taking your pensions, social security, IRAs and 401-k's."   

kaman's picture
kaman

"The entire point of my post was that he says something like this..."

BHO is one of the three most blatant examples of narcissism I've ever had the displeasure to witness in this lifetime.

poisonivy113's picture
poisonivy113

This statement gives him the perfect excuse to raise taxes in order to keep the debt down. GIve away bailouts on one hand, tax the rich on the other.....

machinehead's picture
machinehead

It may be a small example, but consider the announcement this week that Usgov wants to federalize safety enforcement in transit systems that don't measure up.

We're talking about a government that can't balance its budget, can't manage the economy, can't win a colonial war. And these clowns think they can roll in and make the trolleys safe? Ding, ding, ding -- all aboard!

It takes a heady combination of narcissism and megalomania to fantasize about expanding your scope of work, when you're a miserable failure at meeting the responsibilities you already have. Hayek nailed this type -- the boundless, delusional hubris of the dyed-in-the-wool central planner, who believes he can actually add value by being so much wiser than the vast distributed intelligence of the toiling worker bees in their 'market' playpen.

Not so, Mister O. Law school played a nasty trick on you, son. Your popularity is under 50% for a reason.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Larry said:

"...90% of the time he is dishonest and the other 10% he talks out his butt.  Fortunately, I have a teleprompter lie interpreter and will translate his recent dribbling..."

Sweeeet, Larr!  Where can I get me one of those "teleprompter lie interpreter" babies!  (What a great Christmas gift!!)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments