The Nuge speaks to Alex Jones On Guns, Climate Change, The Government, and many other topics.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
The Nuge speaks to Alex Jones On Guns, Climate Change, The Government, and many other topics.

I don't know whether this has been posted here before, but I just finished watching these, they're Ted Nugent discussing some of the issues facing America today, and things that perhaps we can do to try to help out. Now they're likely not to everyone's taste, but many of the things he's discussing and activities that can be done, are things which are equally important to community building. If nothing else he's a very inspirational speaker. One other thing that I guess we all (Americans) forget is that the government should work for us not the other way around,  maybe it's too late to remind them, or maybe not...

Links

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

BTW Moderators are more than welcome to drop this into the controversial topics section if necessary.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Re: The Nuge speaks to Alex Jones On Guns, Climate Change, ...

Ted is right when he says that "apathy is a scourge" in America today.  If we continue to lose our freedoms while enslaving future generations to perpetual debt it will be because we didn't care enough to change the course.

Apathy goes beyond issues, it rots away at our collective morality.  For example, 1,300,000 Iraqis were killed over bogus and staged claims that they had WMD's.  Our society does not feel any need to apologize and hold the war criminals accountable.

The constitution, second amendment, bill of rights, God given inalienable rights, border security and the ongoing international conspiracy to end our national sovereignty have become politically incorrect to discuss.  "Political Correctness remains just what it was intended to be: a sophisticated and dangerous form of censorship and oppression, imposed upon the citizenry with the ultimate goal of manipulating, brainwashing and destroying our society."  - Newsmax

So we must pretend that our wars, torture and killing are just and that our freedoms must be taken so that we are better protected from invisible enemies.  We don't dare discuss 9/11 or the possibility that our economy is being intentionally destroyed.  We pretend that the CFR, Trilaterals and Bildebergs don't really exist and they don't have an agenda that is unfolding in front of us.

Much of the apathy is a symptom that we have become cowards. 

Saffron's picture
Saffron
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

Much of the apathy is a symptom that we have become cowards. 

Sadly agree and I would add that much of the 'Denial' is a symptom of the same. To acknowledge what is happening would require action ... better to stick heads in sand, pretend it isn't and if it is who cares anyway.

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir

Wow a response, I'm surprised, I was expecting this to just vanish down into the depths of page 3+.

I remember a story I once heard or read a long time ago about pigs. Pigs are normally quite happy creatures feed them water them give them a little room to move about and they're happy as a pig in the proverbial. There's one thing though about pigs that's different from sheep, and cows, which is when you lead sheep and cows off to slaughter, off they go without any worries into the back of the truck they go without a second thought or maybe just "Road trip". Pigs however sometimes freak out, they somehow know there's something going on that's not in there favor and desperately try not to go.

Now for 50 odd years the people of the US have been fed, and watered and given a little room to move around, and have been mostly happy. Lets hope that people freak a little bit earlier than pigs do.

nickbert's picture
nickbert

I must have missed this thread the first time around. 

So even though it was an Alex Jones interview (I find him to be quite annoying on multiple levels), I gave it a listen.  I think Ted Nugent had it spot on regarding apathy getting us where we are today.  Personally though, I've weighed the risks and rewards of fighting and getting in the government's face in trying to stop the madness, and I concluded for myself that the majority of my time is better spent preparing for rough times ahead.  Obviously this is not an all or nothing type of decision, and I do speak out when I feel I can make a difference and the ones in charge are willing to listen.  But for the stuff that I don't think I'm likely to have an impact (which IMO is a long damn list), I think my energy is better spent finding ways to avoid or mitigate the negative effects.  For example I don't see the current administration or Federal Reserve reversing their current economic policies in time to avert an eventual currency collapse, no matter what the US population demands.  So instead of putting a lot of time and effort into trying to avert that train wreck which I see as inevitable, I'm putting most of my energy into getting off the damn train (i.e. moving away from dollar dependence, reducing debt, buying pm's, etc.).  I realize this comes off as a pretty pessimistic and cynical approach, and maybe some of these things CAN be changed in time to avert total disaster.  But even with the growing public discontent and outrage, I see the odds of getting meaningful change/reform in taxation, healthcare, fiscal policy, etc. in time to make a difference as being depressingly low.  I think we may just have to wait for the system to take a severe beating before enough people wake up to have any of these things to be changed for the better... and hope all the while we can keep any would-be tyrant from using populist rhetoric and public discontent to get into power.

That being said though, I'd still happily join a protest at any of the Federal Reserve locations if I lived near any of them.

- Nickbert

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
Nickbert wrote:

I think we may just have to wait for the system to take a severe beating before enough people wake up to have any of these things to be changed for the better... and hope all the while we can keep any would-be tyrant from using populist rhetoric and public discontent to get into power.

Well if the Federal Government worked the way it should, then all three branches would self govern the risk. However when Congress has been reduced to rubber stamping Executive resolutions it's obviously not.

Ideally IMHO the ballot should have a "neither" vote, for instances where neither candidate is acceptable to you, if neither is the majority opinion, then get two more candidates and start again. This might reduce the millions spent on Campaigns too and divert it to more important (or less dangerous anyway) causes, since there would not be just a 50-50 chance of election. Or in many cases 100% since many organizations contribute to both sides (I know my former employer did exactly that).

Anyway need to go cut wood, and work out the frustrations. Laughing

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
nickbert wrote:

Personally though, I've weighed the risks and rewards of fighting and getting in the government's face in trying to stop the madness, and I concluded for myself that the majority of my time is better spent preparing for rough times ahead.  

Concur.  If I'm on a train that's speeding down the tracks towards a bridge I know to be out, should I spend the next 30 seconds screaming at the engineers driving the train or should I figure out how to get myself, my family and friends off the train?

Viva -- Sager

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."  - Edmund Burke

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."  - Edmund Burke

Hear, Hear

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Gungnir wrote:

Ideally IMHO the ballot should have a "neither" vote, for instances where neither candidate is acceptable to you, if neither is the majority opinion, then get two more candidates and start again.

Hello Gungnir,

Hope the wood cutting went well.  I sure agree that the election process stinks and your idea makes sense.

My personal opinion is that it is not too late to salvage the republic and avert an almost certain financial collapse.  All that needs to happen is for people to say no.  Of course, the hard part is that many need to say no together.  

Ted Nugent is a stand-up guy (and a damed good guitarist) who goes out of his way to exercise his constitutional freedoms, especially freedom of speech - unfettered by political correctness.

Thanks for the thread, it's encouraging to hear people stand-up.

Larry 

goes211's picture
goes211

Did anyone else notice the part about marijuana?  I thought is was sad that such a fierce defender of liberty could not get over his personal distaste for slacker pot-heads. 

If your idea of liberty is that other people only get the freedoms that you want to grant them, I think you are missing the whole point.  Liberty must begin with self-ownership and therefore you better have a really good reason when you tell someone else what they can/can't do to their own most personal of properties (their own bodies).

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments