Nuclear Contamination in Ocean off West coast - Looking for resources

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
EarthMentor's picture
EarthMentor
Nuclear Contamination in Ocean off West coast - Looking for resources

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for any resources on private monitoring of nuclear contamination in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of North America. It seems like there is lots of infomation from peope monitoring the air for fall out from Japan and I know Greenpeace has being doing great work monitoring the water off the coast of Japan but I have not been able to find any information on nuclear contamination monitoring in the ocean off the coast of North America. Any resources or articles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
Use the "search this site"

Use the "search this site" feature in the extreme upper right-hand corner of your screen - there is plenty of information on that topics posted elsewhere here at PeakProsperity.com.

tictac1's picture
tictac1
I know our plant is doing

I know our plant is doing its own monitoring, the results are shared with public health agencies.  That's air and soil sampling.  So far, we've found contamination, but nothing worth reacting to in any way.  Last I saw levels were going down.

Ocean sampling would be very hit-and-miss, especially at this distance, and would vary greatly from point to point.

Are you concerned about seafood?

EarthMentor's picture
EarthMentor
I have a sister that is a

I have a sister that is a surfer on the west coast and is concerned about being in the water on a regular basis. I didn't know what to tell her.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
EarthMentor wrote:I have a
EarthMentor wrote:

I have a sister that is a surfer on the west coast and is concerned about being in the water on a regular basis. I didn't know what to tell her.

Tell her not to mess around with a close out unless shes a real good floater.  And good luck finding her Big Wednesday.

Other than the normal concerns, she has nothing to be worried about.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Whodaknown!

Damn, and we thought you were merely a nuclear expert, DIAP! Smile

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Duuuuuuuuuuude......
pinecarr wrote:

Damn, and we thought you were merely a nuclear expert, DIAP! Smile

You can't live a mere 4 miles from the ocean and not surf.  Or at least try.   \m/ Cool\m/

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments