Now legal immunity for swine flu vaccine makers

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Now legal immunity for swine flu vaccine makers

No safety Test? Don't worry, be happy.....

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14487

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Re: Now legal immunity for swine flu vaccine makers

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14487

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
A Must Read, Prior to Accepting Flu Vaccine

Hi, Folks;

This article is a good synopsis of the various ways in which the plan to vaccinate for swine flu doesn't pass the minimum standards for reasonable safety margins.  A "must read" before making any decisions about accepting vaccine for yourself or your family.

-- C1oudfire

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12

C1oudfire

What a no win.  Since this bug picks on the young and pregnant (and their unborn) although in small numbers this is a true predicament IMHO.  A vaccine may not even work, the season flu vac has been off several times in the last decade and this bug mutates rapidly.

I am a HCW and had been advised not to take the flu vaccine after a reaction last year so I am stocked up on Tamiflu and Relenza.  Here in NY there will probably be mandatory vaccination of HCW which will also be an interesting predicament.  I think it is very risky to release a minimally tested vaccine, unfair to the public.  The legal immunity does not surprise me at all though.

No treatment is without risk and I think patients and their health care providers have a responsibility to discuss all relevant risks.  There are going to be problems either way.  There are individual and public health concerns, especially at schools.

I don't know what the right answer here is.  Unvaccinated people can pose a risk to everyone but the vaccine poses a risk to individuals.  And it may not even work. And we are talking about vaccinating front line workers and kids and pregnant women FIRST.  

Sorry for ramble, it is late, take care all and good luck. The vaccine testing will begin shortly, hopefully Investorzzo you will keep us updated on the results in the alternate press and MSM. I will be following my usual blogs (H5N1, Effect Measure, Avian Flu Diary, etc...)

D

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Decision Making Regarding the Swine Flu Vaccine
Denise wrote:

C1oudfire

What a no win.  Since this bug picks on the young and pregnant (and their unborn) although in small numbers this is a true predicament IMHO.  A vaccine may not even work, the season flu vac has been off several times in the last decade and this bug mutates rapidly.

I am a HCW and had been advised not to take the flu vaccine after a reaction last year so I am stocked up on Tamiflu and Relenza.  Here in NY there will probably be mandatory vaccination of HCW which will also be an interesting predicament.  I think it is very risky to release a minimally tested vaccine, unfair to the public.  The legal immunity does not surprise me at all though.

No treatment is without risk and I think patients and their health care providers have a responsibility to discuss all relevant risks.  There are going to be problems either way.  There are individual and public health concerns, especially at schools.

I don't know what the right answer here is.  Unvaccinated people can pose a risk to everyone but the vaccine poses a risk to individuals.  And it may not even work. And we are talking about vaccinating front line workers and kids and pregnant women FIRST.  

Sorry for ramble, it is late, take care all and good luck. The vaccine testing will begin shortly, hopefully Investorzzo you will keep us updated on the results in the alternate press and MSM. I will be following my usual blogs (H5N1, Effect Measure, Avian Flu Diary, etc...)

D

Hi, Denise;

Yes, it is a predicament, indeed . . . Here's how I've resolved the decision-making process:

• Likelihood that this virus is truly an epic threat to mankind:  <10%.
  • Likelihood that this vaccine is truly safe:  <10%.
  • Likelihood that our federal government has our well being in mind:  <5%.
  • Likelihood that my immune system is up to the task of defending me:  >50%.
  • LIkelihood that I am prepared for death, in the event that the percentages go against me:  >50%.

Mathematically, it's a no-brainer. . .

chameleon's picture
chameleon
Re: Decision Making Regarding the Swine Flu Vaccine

It's deja vu to this 60 minutes episode from 1976:

I for one won't be getting any vaccine.

-Gary

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: Decision Making Regarding the Swine Flu Vaccine
C1oudfire wrote:
Denise wrote:

C1oudfire

D

Hi, Denise;

Yes, it is a predicament, indeed . . . Here's how I've resolved the decision-making process:

• Likelihood that this virus is truly an epic threat to mankind:  <10%.
  • Likelihood that this vaccine is truly safe:  <10%.
  • Likelihood that our federal government has our well being in mind:  <5%.
  • Likelihood that my immune system is up to the task of defending me:  >50%.
  • LIkelihood that I am prepared for death, in the event that the percentages go against me:  >50%.

Mathematically, it's a no-brainer. . .

Oh, and then there's:

• Likelihood that my life will be improved by:
    • Autoimmune disease:  0%.
    • Immune dysfunction:  0%.
    • Paralysis:  0%.
    • Brain and other neurologic damage:  0%.
    • Influenza, transmitted by the vaccine:  0%.

Yup, it's a no-brainer, all right . . . .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Update on Vaccine Issues

Hi, Folks;

Please note that not all of these sources are adequately annotated, but they provide information about a few aspects of the vaccine issue that we should have "up on our radar" . . . I tend to put these tidbits in my mental "unconfirmed, but worth watching" file:

Children succumbing to H1N1 linked to ingestion of genetically modified potatoes, widely available in certain nations, correlating with the worldwide death patterns secondary to H1N1:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/russian-scientists-h1n1-linked-to-genetically-modified-food.html

Allegedly, these potatoes are widely marketed as french fries in fast food restaurants.  It seems a simple and beneficial measure to avoid these foods, as there is little benefit in eating them anyway.  (Sorry about the source . . . I don't normally reference this site . . . but since heeding the warning is easy and with no potential for harm (unless you're long on MCD), I see no reason not to take this under advisement.)

An interesting, informative, and credible video presentation about the history of vaccines and the new [and mandatory, in some states] Gardasil vaccine:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=662562995957089391

Well, that's it on the update . . . Take some time and consider these issues now, rather than making a snap decision under the duress of a crisis.

-- C1oudfire

homestead's picture
homestead

I too have my misgivings about the swine flu vaccine and have been doing some reading about it over the past several weeks.  Although I'm in a high risk category for developing complications from the flu, I'm not sure I'll take the vaccination when it's offered.  C1oudfire, I like your risk assessments and they do make sense, although in my own case the likelihood of my catching the flu is about 75%, likelihood of becoming very seriously ill with it is probably 100%, and likelihood of ending up in the hospital about 50% (hopefully not on a vent).  Yet there's something about this rush to have mass vaccinations that seems worrisome, given the uncertainties about the vaccine.

One of the more thoughtful presentations on the subject of the swine flu vaccine, and written by someone whose writings I've come to respect, can be found here:  http://www.newfluwiki2.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3526

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Relative Risks of Flu and Vaccine
homestead wrote:

I too have my misgivings about the swine flu vaccine and have been doing some reading about it over the past several weeks.  Although I'm in a high risk category for developing complications from the flu, I'm not sure I'll take the vaccination when it's offered.  C1oudfire, I like your risk assessments and they do make sense, although in my own case the likelihood of my catching the flu is about 75%, likelihood of becoming very seriously ill with it is probably 100%, and likelihood of ending up in the hospital about 50% (hopefully not on a vent).  Yet there's something about this rush to have mass vaccinations that seems worrisome, given the uncertainties about the vaccine.

One of the more thoughtful presentations on the subject of the swine flu vaccine, and written by someone whose writings I've come to respect, can be found here:  http://www.newfluwiki2.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3526

Hi, Homestead;

I applaud your courage . . . So many people today want 100% guarantees of no harm (unrealistic, in life . . . we all die), and so are easily manipulable by fear. 

I, too, have some concerns . . . I had a life-threatening bout with Lyme disease a year ago, on top of gradually deteriorating immune function.  All of that is much improved, due to an aggressive detoxification regimen, along with dramatic changes in quality of food and water.  I still must restrict my sugar intake (a good measure in any case), but otherwise, I think I may actually be in better shape to resist an influenza infection than the average American.

Although I didn't dig deeply into it, your link looks pretty good on first inspection, so I'll repeat the post, but actively, for others' convenience:

http://www.newfluwiki2.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3526

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and fears . . . It's important for people to know that they don't have to make a choice solely out of fear.

Another point that's been on my mind is the media's portrayal of those who refuse vaccines as somehow "criminal", on the basis that they are posing a threat to society.  In mind, if the vaccine is effective, then people who refuse the vaccine pose no threat to those who choose to accept it.  But, if the vaccine proves harmful, then at least some people have avoided being harmed . . . Mathematically, it seems like even the right to refuse is a no-brainer . . .

jerry_lee's picture
jerry_lee

C1oudfire
The "Russian scientists" hoax was posted on CM once before. I found that the source is Sorcha Faal (such a fool?), known by some as the "Queen of Internet Hoaxes'....although 'she' may be a 'he.'.....hehe.

Life is beautiful!
Jerry Lee

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
jerry_lee wrote:

C1oudfire The "Russian scientists" hoax was posted on CM once before. I found that the source is Sorcha Faal (such a fool?), known by some as the "Queen of Internet Hoaxes'....although 'she' may be a 'he.'.....hehe. Life is beautiful! Jerry Lee

Hi, Jerry;

Thanks for the FYI . . . Well, that's why I don't trust the Infowars site (and put a disclaimer in my post) . . . Did you track this back to the original post by Sorcha Faal?   Not that it matters . . . We don't eat fast food, or nonorganic food, anyway . . . So, it won't alter our behavior.  Also, unless something has changed in the last year or so, I didn't know that there were GMO potatoes (yet).  Anyway, thanks for the update . . . You're a goodun!

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Europe Fast-tracking Swine Flu Vaccine, Despite Concerns

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534867,00.html?test=latestnews

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

Martial Law and the Militarization of Public Health: The Worldwide H1N1 Flu Vaccination Program

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14543

homestead's picture
homestead
investorzzo wrote:

Martial Law and the Militarization of Public Health: The Worldwide H1N1 Flu Vaccination Program

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14543

IMHO, the above article is just another conspiracy theory that bends and distorts information surrounding the current pandemic flu. There has been no shortage of misinformation about this virus, its case attack rate (CAR) and case fatality rate (CFR), and vaccine development.  However, that misinformation is often the result of difficulties with collecting accurate data, poor coordination of efforts, shallow reporting in MSM, and the general confusion that comes with too many important considerations that have to be dealt with by too many people within a limited time frame.  There are also economic interests that complicate matters, especially given the extremely frail condition of national economies.  

For the interested reader, these links might be helpful:

www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/content/influenza/swineflu/index.html

scienceblogs.com/effectmeasure/

www.newfluwiki2.com/frontPage.do

Also, Helen Branswell is one of the best and most reliable reporters out there regarding the subject of flu; do a search for her articles and you'll find quality information.

On the subject of vaccine, it seems that the US might not use adjuvanted vaccine for the first round of vaccinations, which probably will be given to children, pregnant women and others at high risk for complications.  See www.nature.com/news/2009/090728/full/460562a.html  I personally am not comfortable with using adjuvanted flu vaccine on children even though there are countries in Europe that are forging ahead with it.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire

Nice to know that when you stop being  able to move, your local neurologist will be able to tell you why . . . after the fact.  Of course, you won't be able to recoup any of your medical expenses, due to vaccine manufacturers' immunity to liability.  That'll give you something to think about as you lay, immobile, unable to speak, with an ET tube down your throat, looking forward to an uncertain recovery, loss of income (and probably your job), massive medical bills, and long, strenuous physical rehab (if you're lucky). 

http://www.examiner.com/x-12517-Miami-Holistic-Health-Examiner~y2009m8d15-UK-officials-warn-doctors-of-deadly-swine-flu-vaccine-danger

Tapani's picture
Tapani

One of Sweden's biggest newspapers have an article on what the swine flu vaccination deal is: http://www.svd.se/opinion/brannpunkt/artikel_3609341.svd

Summary: Sweden has a secret deal with the vaccine makers to be one of the first countries to get a vaccine against any pandemic flu.

In exchange for getting the vaccine before other countries, the deal also _mandates_ Sweden to buy vaccines whenever WHO declares a level 6 pandemic, and to award the vaccine maker legal immunity.

Sounds plausible to me, and as if such a deal could have been struck with the people's best interest in mind.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments