NEXT STEP: Taking Chris's Message (DVD's and Seminar) Further to Higher Level

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nichoman's picture
Nichoman
NEXT STEP: Taking Chris's Message (DVD's and Seminar) Further to Higher Level

Agree with Chris Martenson suggestion in 25 November Martenson Summary e-mail (also mred and Erik excellent comments) on importance to investigate ways to effectively get Congress attention.

Real success requires us to have a clearly defined long term plan as this upcoming debacle continues to unfold...

Working with media and other high level government programs for decades...suggest we need to pursue three broad areas for successful EDUCATION and SOLUTIONS...

1.)  Sharpen vision...goals...priorities -- Need better organization in a 3 dimensional sense our message (synergistic with parts 2 and 3) beyond just DVD.   Supporting Documentation (clear, concise outlines, Q &A, etc.) showing how Chris and others have correctly diagnosed this unfolding as government continues to fail and public confidence in our "leaders" plummets further.   This will leave a huge void which we can be a major player to assist in (again...working with parts 2 and 3) to get and maintain key decision-maker attention. 

2.)  Education Partnership With Our Public--  Beyond the DVD and Web Site.  Investigate other forums and mechanism to inform people of what's happening and why (documentation, etc.).   Part of this is securing public support and involvement to push media (short term more important) and also leaders (short term less important because until they realize they are the problem they won't listen--believe me I know...we don't have checks and balances with elected officials we need to have).    I do have a long term solution but is secondary to where we need to start.

3.)  Media Partnership --   I have worked with media for a long time.   They are into news (almost always short term "events").   As this evolves using 1 and 2...we will have opportunity to successfully connect with media.  To be successful we must create a dialog of 5 to 10 second key points to capture and maintain listener attention.  Media lives for 5 to 10 seconds bits because they know attention span of public. These short, concise tidbits will be the bridge to foster much stronger public support...media will follow even more because were now "news".    With documentation and good plan of action in 1...plus continuing 2...the media will be a willing partner from past experiences as events unfold.   But again we need to better organize and plan on a more integrated scale.

This framework would aid in creating a more effective PROCESS of LEARNING and ADAPTING Chris's message.   Submit this may require expanding web site for other functionalities.  Even possibly creation of new sister web sites.?

This isn't going to be easy!   Human events...nature and emotions will take us places and test us in our goals to inform public...media and elected officials.   Personally have seen when pressure...consequences and stakes get get high besides stress...every decision maker succumbs toward self preservation which is what is happening now when without a good vision or understanding of problem.  Hasn't this been case past several months?   Won't it continue and in our situation get worse? This is why it is so vital to have some success beyond passing DVD's we need something similar to what Chris suggested...consider the 3 areas above.  

I've presented information several times to high visibility and high level key decision-makers...found success occurs when an organized case is presented in a non emotional, professional and credible tone.    The DVD's and future seminars are only a start.  Were not close to be where we need to be to help all of us convince media in a efficient and effective manner...much less key officials.

As I've stated...had success in past with our government...only sharing what has worked...hopefully these ideas would intuitively seem reasonable.  

Please digest what I've presented and provide thoughts and suggestions.    Again, Chris has proposed something like this in his 25 November e-mail and asked for ideas.   If we agree...let's be part of the solution in this endeavor.

Nichoman    

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Re: NEXT STEP: Taking Chris's Message (DVD's and Seminar) ...

there are two options i see one is nonviolent (preferred) the other violent.

non-violent would also include among  all the things you state also retaking our government.

i believe we have to find people willing to do the right thing and get them to run for congress.

no one yet has co-signed ron pauls bill. he needs allies. there are many talented and intelligent people here and on other sites who would make great candidates ( i nominate chris martenson in massachussets.)

i think instead of convincing the powers that be what needs to be done (no easy job as they are mostly on the take)

we just takeover ourselves

Futuo's picture
Futuo

I definitely agree, but we must be careful not to rush. There has to be a solid foundation to work out of. Fortunately, with mass production of the DVDs begun, we're getting one step closer. Even right now, 8:15 CST on Thanksgiving, there are over 250 people on this website. As the Volunteer Brigade gets moving and we each continue to spread the word, this can become the movement that it needs to be.

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert

I think we ALL need to get together, at a destination, where it would be relatively cheap to fly.  I think it's important that we meet.  I don't know why... but I feel a sense of urgency.  Something's not right.  Somehow, I feel like so much of this "crisis" was planned.  That makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist but if I'm right, then we're in big trouble.  If I'm wrong, then we've wasted whatever time and effort we put into this thing.  I would rather place my bet on the former... but I don't know... what should we do?  Am I just going mad?

Futuo's picture
Futuo

That's probably not practical and would need months of planning. But that would be really cool nonetheless. As to your sanity...you're posting on a financial weblog at 2:23am your time. I would say yes, you are going mad. Get some sleep =]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments