new Reality Show ‘Independence U.S.A.’

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
new Reality Show ‘Independence U.S.A.’

This January 2012, Join the Belcastro Family as They Prepare for an Independent Life Off the Grid

GBTV, Glenn Beck’s live streaming video network unveiled today its first reality show, Independence U.S.A. The show follows Frank Belcastro and his family as they try and become completely independent and prepare for life “off the grid.” Independence U.S.A. is being produced by GBTV and The WorkShop, L.L.C. whose team has produced shows for History, ESPN, ESPN Classic, Animal Planet, HGTV, trutv, Travel Channel, Lifetime, Discovery Channel, TLC, The Golf Channel, and Broadcast Syndication. The show will debut on January 18th 2012 and will air weekly on Wednesdays.

Concerned that the economy could collapse? Or that a natural disaster could wipe out our infrastructure? So is Frank, and he is doing something about it! Believing that America has become too reliant on a crumbling foundation, Frank is preparing his family for life “off the grid,” admiring the way people lived in the 19th century. Like them, he longs to become completely independent. So he is embarking on one project at a time hoping to prepare his family for the worst, such as building a car that runs on wood in case gasoline supplies are interrupted, becoming expert hunters when grocery stores are no longer in existence, and making his own alcohol for barter when the dollar collapses. Frank does it all with determination, intelligence, and good humor. He’ll need all that and more, as he attempts to motivate a family that neither shares his fervor nor wishes to sacrifice the comforts and conveniences of 21st century life. In the series premiere- “A Hunting We Will Go”- we meet the Belcastro’s as they set out on a journey to be a self-sufficient family. Frank wants the family to be able to hunt and kill their own food but not every one is on board. Starting with making their own weapons Frank and his son Adam really learn an appreciation for the hunt but wonder if they will succeed.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
will you please

Safewrite , will you please post a reminder or send me a PM  when this show is on ?    I do not turn the TV on much and will want to set the DVR to record each week so that I will catch it  .    

My husband will like the wood gasification . 

My Kiddos shot  4 deer this season and I can tell you I am very grateful for a commercial grinder and electricity or we might still be grinding come Christmas time .     Sorry something my mom used to say :" What ya waiting for , Christmas ?"

FM

maceves's picture
maceves
trailer

There's a trailer for the show...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/12/13/independence-usa-glenn-beck/

Makes me nervous to see folks aiming at something moving in the woods.  When SHTF that could be your neighbor from down the road.
Those turkeys wont last too long once everbody's after them.  .....Maybe if they're on your own land and its posted and you are vigilent and keep them near the house......kind of like raising chickens....
JAG's picture
JAG
AKA Apocalypse PA

This show has actually already been aired on the History Channel under the title Apocalypse PA.

The highlight of the first season is when the goat craps on the couch, lol.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
lol

This looks pretty comical .

And LOL  , If a neighbor gets shot around here it would be NO accident .  Unless it was a 'want to be' hunter from the city .   Just  facts .

I am thinking we are too far down this road for people to be thinking on making the change of lifestyle  ...  Better prep where you are .

FM 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments