A New Matrix

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
A New Matrix

THE 2012 MANIFESTO

HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE COMING TRANSITION

The crisis we are now experiencing is just a prelude to the major Transition in global consciousness that will occur during the 2012 period. In order to make the shift, the corrupt, hierarchical systems which do not serve the needs of Humanity must collapse. This will create fear and hardship for many, but for those who prepare for the paradigm shift to a new matrix of consciousness and being, the transition will be viewed as a mere inconvenience necessary for the rebalancing of Earth's and Humanity's energies. Here are the top 10 ways that
you can prepare:

1 - Recognize that The United States of America is an Empire in decline. Most empires do not go to bed willingly. History shows us that the USA gets very belligerent when the economy goes south or other nations refuse to do what it tells them to. New alliances are forming that intend to counter US Hegemony. The Dollar is about to be rejected as the global currency. Unjustified and irrational wars have brought the USA to bankruptcy. The deficit is out of control. We are at the mercy of foreign energy sources. The global community is fed up with Bully USA and is about to pull the plug on many fronts. Expect the US Government to lash out in a last-ditch attempt to salvage Empire.

2 - Study and familiarize yourself with the concept of Peak Oil and its ramifications on our economic and social systems. In an era of energy scarcity, endless economic growth is not possible. The days of Milk and Honey are over. Value of Fiat paper currency (e.g. US Dollar/USD) is predicated on continual economic growth fueled by cheap energy. Peak Oil will ensure that the USD, globalism, the US economy, and all systems dependent on finance capital will collapse. This shedding process is already underway. Realize that the Good Ol Days are over and that materialism is a thing of the past.

3 - Unplug from the Mainstream Media (MSM) propaganda stream. Television, commercial radio, daily newspapers, and most of what you read on corporate-sponsored websites is disinformation and propaganda whose only purpose is to control and manipulate public consciousness in order to stifle development of human consciousness and true democracy. Kill your Television. Read, listen, watch and support local, independent, alternative and grass-roots media. Start your own blog, low power FM radio station, public access TV show, or 'zine to
share the truth as you know it to be.

4 - Understand that Corporations (the Dark Forces) control our government and politicians (CorpGov). Voting is a charade to make you believe that you have a democratic choice. Democrats and Republicans serve the same elite puppetmasters and are no different from one another, no matter how genuine their rhetoric sounds. If you don't believe that Corporations are in control, then ignore that the Congress and the White House bailed out corrupt Banksters to the tune of TRILLIONS while they put on a dog-and-pony show about how much a public healthcare system will cost! The Federal Reserve will never be audited to expose the rampant corruption. The voting systems are rigged to ensure the Elites get the results they want. If you choose to engage in the voting game, only vote for Third Party and Independent candidates. Corporate-backed politicians must be flushed from the system permanently.

5 - Economically detach from The System. Know that the Finance/banking, Insurance, and Real Estate (FIRE) economy is all about sucking money from your pocket and transferring it to wealthy Elites. It is essentially legalized theft of your labor and the wealth that such labor creates. Try to operate in a cash-only fashion, under the table and out of the banks. Barter for goods and services. Consider joining or starting a local currency (LETS) system. Take your money out of the big corporate banks and place it with your local non-profit community/employee Credit Union. If you are concerned about the long-term viability of the USD and the negative effects of inflation, consider buying a home with productive farmland, machinery & tools, or other tangible goods that hold and can create value. You should also consider adding gold and silver to the mix.

6 - Learn to grow, harvest and store food. Modern just-in-time (JIT) delivery systems allow for only several days worth of food on store shelves. How long will that food last during a (manufactured?) disaster or economic collapse. Energy descent will make food via supermarkets harder to come by. Build your soil and grow your own healthy, organic fruits and vegetables. Establish a chicken coop and harvest the eggs, meat, feathers and manure. Goats are great for brush-clearing, milk and cheese. Rabbits re-produce quickly. Ponds can be stocked with fish. Learn about Permaculture and how it can make your homestead more productive with less work.

7 - Get off The Grid. Make your own energy. Capture, store and purify water. Without clean water we cannot survive. Municipal water systems are at the mercy of evaporating budgets, aging infrastructure, energy requirements, diversion by source communities/states, and tampering. Harvest rainwater from rooftops and in ponds, drill wells, establish storage tanks high up for gravity feed, install plumbing and filtration systems to ensure the water of life keeps flowing when the power goes out. Put a hot water solar system in place. Learn to purify water
with a solar oven. Similarly, become energy independent. Install solar PV panels and a DC battery system, install a wood stove for heat, store fuel and have a generator in place for when the grid goes down.

8 - Learn traditional skills and healing practices. Wood working/turning, spinning, weaving, soap making, leather crafts, knitting, sewing, blacksmithing, metal working, herbal medicine, CPR, locksmithing, gun smithing, hunting, fishing, trapping, archery, animal husbandry, horse-shoeing, natural building, instrument making, coppicing, etc. Work with the local resources you have at hand rather than imported materials. Start a local guild of artisans and craftspeople to share knowledge and barter crafts.

9 - Build local community. Get to know your next-door neighbors and the locals. Attend or organize community celebrations and events. Create a phone tree for emergencies. Start a local tool/equipment exchange or barter system. Form a Neighborhood Watch, seed savers' exchange, or manufacturing cooperative. Volunteer to help the needy. Support your local farmer and shop at local, independent businesses to keep your money circulating in the local economy.

10 - Develop a personal spiritual practice. This does not mean religion! Mainstream Religion (Christianity/Judaism/Islam/Hinduism) is dogma that is used to politically and economically enslave humankind. Conversely, spirituality allows the individual to directly connect to Source (God/Goddess, Higher Self, the Universe, whatever you wish to call it) without an intermediate or middleman (Church, priests, dogma, institutions) getting in the way to control you. Spiritual practices include: meditation, yoga, Kaballah, shamanism, indigenous/Earth-based spiritual traditions, Tantra, ceremonial magick, prayer, etc. Pick the path that works for YOU and stick with it to develop the essential spiritual skills that you will depend on to navigate the Transition.

Remember, LOVE is the key to our collective success.

Visit A NEW MATRIX online at http://anewmatrix.blogspot.com to find out more.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Re: A New Matrix

Good post, damnthematrix!   Thanks for all the areas if info to consider in preparing.  I'm looking forward to checking out your sites, as well!

npwebb's picture
npwebb

Are you "Gryphon" or did you cut and paste his/her post from anewmatrix blog?

jneo's picture
jneo

It's not going to be easy but the transition must be done.  End Corporatism (fascism).  True Capitalism serves The Producer, Consumer, and employee.  We have lost our way.  

ao's picture
ao

Some very good points made that give a framework for action.  I wonder though, why do you think 2012 will be such as the key time?

I do take issue with points 1 and 10, however.

With regards to point 1, your disdain (I'm not going to use the word hatred here because it's already overused and abused enough) for America and things American is tiresome.  I'm definitely no apologist for the U.S. government but I do think the American "experiment", while certainly not without its flaws, has encompassed and demonstrated many of the more noble human ideals.  I also think in the history of the world, the generosity of the American people has been without parallel.  Yes, it is an empire in decline but the bully label can be applied to many other nations except that these other nations don't have the same level of power and therefore aren't resented to the same degree.  There's a bit of an attitude of jealousy here.  I think of a college friend who was a fantastic person, brilliant student, excellent athlete, socially very skilled and popular with both sexes, mechanically gifted, generous, kind, friendly, etc.  He's one of the most talented and gracious individuals I've ever met.  Yet there was a small group of people who hated him for no other reason than they looked so bad in comparison.  I get a sense of some of that here.

What exactly is the call to action for point 1?

With regards to point 10, the religion vs. spirituality issue has also become tiresome and cliched.  I think it's unfair to denigrate organized religions with these kind of sweeping generalizations.  These statements are almost always inaccurate and represent the true state of many religions about as much as Hollywood represents reality.  Frankly, the vast majority of individuals that I come across who claim to be spiritual but not religious are virtually always practicing a religion of some sort (since even atheism is a religion) even though it's an unorganized one.  Many of these individuals are wonderful, well meaning people but they are often very confused about what they believe and what they don't believe and their beliefs often shift with the seasons, if not the wind.  I haven't found too many who are so convicted in their beliefs that they'd be willing to sacrifice their lives (i.e. die themselves without bringing aggression or violence to bear on others) for those beliefs.

In condemnation of organized religion, the historical examples of their evil actions is always bought up but their good actions are largely ignored or forgotten.  When talking about the Spanism Inquisition, for example, (which was an abdomination and in no way represented the ideals of the Christian religion it was purporting to support), also remember Christian hospitals, clinics, charities, schools, universities, missions, projects, organizations, etc., dedicated to helping others around the world.  Human beings inherently make moral errors (it's called being "sinful") so whether following religion or spirituality, they will fall short of a perfect ideal again and again and again.  That's where a perfect standard free from this moral error comes in.  

I won't go further here because this enters into VT territory but feel free to contact me off the board for further discourse.  

I'm interested in what you feel are the "essential spiritual skills" we'll need to navigate the "Transition"?

earthwise's picture
earthwise

ao,

I concur with your assessement of this post. While many of the points have much to offer,  America and religion bashing accomplishes little and the assertions are just opinion, distorted ones at that. 

For instance:

Mainstream Religion (Christianity/Judaism/Islam/Hinduism) is dogma that is used to politically and economically enslave humankind.

If religion was used as a tool for evil, that isn't an indictment of religion but only of those men who misused religion to perpetrate evil. To borrow a phrase: "That's like blaming my pencil for mispelled words."

The author then advocates to engage in "spiritual practices."

Spiritual practices include: meditation, yoga, Kaballah, shamanism, indigenous/Earth-based spiritual traditions, Tantra, ceremonial magick, prayer, etc.

If a yoga or Kaballah practicioner were to  perpetrate evil in their name should we then similarly condemn those beleifs?  This would render the viability of any beleif system or any spirituality innappropriately vulnerable to the lowest common denominator of humanity: evil.  Preposterous.

I could go on, but what's the use?

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Interesting stuff and some truth for sure but I have to ask why 2012?  Is something mystical or magical going to happen?  This seems to be the basis for the essay so I think it needs more explanation.

Larry

jpitre's picture
jpitre

ao

I am in substantial agreement with DamnTheMatrix "New Matrix". As far as your comments on point 1 & 10, I offer the following comments

1) Our American "Experiment" as some call it is the best so far, however I submit that if we don't examine the warts carefully in the light of day, we shall repeat our past errors - what we have is surely strong enough to stand examination, thoughtful consideration and change where necessary. I suggest that we examine our failings as well as our sucesses with a mind to thowing out the failing parts and building on our successes.

2) The same goes for the religion part -- Chris M. is big on getting the information and then relying on one's own judgement, and I think that concept fits well here. Lots of religious details to pick apart, but I think that becomes a personal decision -- for now, I'll check my own bias at the door.

I think that "The Great Turning - from empire to earth community", a book by David Karten does an excellent job of tracing civilization and its organization from beginning to current. He has a problem covering his political bias, however in the overall is does an excellent of uncovering many "warts". He goes futher and proposes a direction for the future that needs much careful consideration by us all. I recommend it as a part of everyone's liibrary to be read and parts to be re-read from time to time

Jim

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

I think some of you have comprehension problems......  I did NOT write this, and YES, it was cut'n'pasted from the "a new matrix" blogspot..... I left the URL at the bottom of the post - Visit A NEW MATRIX online at http://anewmatrix.blogspot.com to find out more.

Americans are just as good at America bashing as I am. I don't hate America, but ao is right in saying I am disdainful of America as a Nation. After all, you jointly elect the idiots who run your country (and by default the world) and those of you who don't vote are guilty of apathy.... On the whole I do agree with the contents of the post. I could express my disdain of religion here too, but it's not allowed! And it's counter productive anyway you look at it.

As far as the significance of 2012 is concerned, I give no more credence to the Mayan thing than any other religious belief. As an Australian, the greatest significance is that when you extrapolate our oil production figures, 2012 is the year we run out of oil. Or at least as good as. I also believe that Peak Oil will start to really bite in 2012. The downhill slide in fossil fuel production, food availability and world population may well begin around 2012, or sooner if war breaks out in the Middle East or other oil-rich region.

Mike

earthwise's picture
earthwise

If I may, permit me to take another stab at why the statements in dispute are objectionable. It's an injustice to condemn any institution (political- as in a country, America, or a religious institution) because of the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Sorry, but IMO that's a copout.

I used to be a very active member of the Australian Greens Party, but they refused to go along with all the stuff discussed here some eight years ago, so I left. I didn't like their precepts, and let it be known very publicly. I seriously thought about starting a new party, but realised it was all too late, you could not change anything signicantly before 2012, so instead I changed our own private affairs totally.

So today I campaign like mad to get as many people to understand what is happening in our local communities (and even worldwide, after all, I am on th other side of the planet from YOU!) and DO something about it by "abandoning the Matrix".

I'm gonna stick my neck out with the moderators here, but I view religion as another copout. If you are unable to come to grips with the power and complexity of the Universe, then you invent "god". Problem fixed. You can then get on with your life, make lots of mistakes, and ask for forgiveness later..... and if you're good, there's always the rapture to take you away before TSHTF.

I believe in resposibilities. It's not easy, but once you take charge of your life instead of allowing every other bastard to do it for you, you're just copping out. My rant for the day.

Mike

1440 minutes's picture
1440 minutes
Be inclusive

I wouldn't bash any element of society that has the potential to build community.  Church has that potential.  And there are all types of religions, including non-dogmatic ones.

I don't have any problem with the part about empire in decline.  Empires never last.  It didn't have to be this way, but now it's the USA's turn to decline. 

rowmat's picture
rowmat

IMO 2012 will become a self fufilling prophecy.

Whether the Mayan calendar predictions, religious prophecies, armageddon, peak oil etc these will just all become elements of this self-fulfillment

There is little doubt we are reaching a climax concerning the global economic system along with a now obvious effort to establish some kind of centralised global control.

I think the TPTB will utilise these 2012 prophecies to instigate their own big events taking advantage of much of the publics belief that 'something big' is possibly going to occur in 2012.

Thus peoples own fears and belief in 'the inevitable' will blind them to the actions of TPTB and they will again be manipulated via several rounds of 'Shock Doctrine'... and thus 2012 will live up to at least some of its expectations!

earthwise's picture
earthwise

Damnthematrix wrote:

No, it's not a copout-it's a valid point, one that you refused to address. Maybe because it's a point you missed. I'll try again.

It's an injustice to condemn any institution (political- as in a country, America, or a religious institution) because of the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts

It's clear that the point was that people (members) behavior shouldn't be discrediting of an otherwise viable institution. In rebuttal you offered this:

I used to be a very active member of the Australian Greens Party, but they refused to go along with all the stuff discussed here some eight years ago, so I left. I didn't like their precepts,

Your example is off point. It shows that the institution itself was discredited (in your eyes) in it's constitution ("I didn't like it's precepts") not by the acts of any of it's wayward adherants.

And then we have this:

I'm gonna stick my neck out with the moderators here, but I view religion as another copout.

Is it......? Is it.....? Could it be.........?

If you are unable to come to grips with the power and complexity of the Universe, then you invent "god". Problem fixed. You can then get on with your life, make lots of mistakes, and ask for forgiveness later..... and if you're good, there's always the rapture to take you away before TSHTF.

Why yes, yes! There it is! There we have it! Religious bigotry, for all to see. Complete with stereotyping and all! SurprisedOh no!

And all so unnecessary too. The point in dispute isn't religion (or country, you seem to have overlooked that that was part of the discussion), but "whether the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts" discredits the group, any group. If it did then your environmental cause would be thoroughly discredited by "the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts", like Al Gore, whose carbon footprint is bigger than some countries.

And as for this fine example of boorishness:

I believe in resposibilities. It's not easy, but once you take charge of your life instead of allowing every other bastard to do it for you, you're just copping out. My rant for the day.

It's hard to determine where the ignorance ends and the presumptuous begins. If here you refer to me personally, you don't know my life so such a statement is both ignorant and presumptuous. If this a continuation of the preceding tirade then it merely confirms my charge of bigotry.

MY rant for the day.

JAG's picture
JAG

DTM,

LOL, your posts sure do make it hard for me to believe in Peak Oil.

strabes's picture
strabes

regarding #1, I used to react with such indignation at anyone who questioned my belief about the US..."how can you possibly not affirm my belief that my country is good?"  But the fact is the US is an empire trying to subjugate the world to the will of the banking cartel, it is today nothing close to what we were taught to believe, nothing close to what the constitution says, nothing close to what Madison, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin built.  So why wasn't I joining in the critiques instead of wasting time defending the imaginary country I had in my head?  If more americans would be willing to acknowledge the truth, then perhaps we would wake up and reconstitute the constitution and bill of rights. But as long as we refuse to hear criticism and hold onto the indoctrination we've been caught in since childhood, we will be implicitly supporting our empire government and be complicit in our banking/corporate/military takeover of other countries and eventually the destruction of our nation itself.

If we're not going to accept the truth of DTM's #1 and respond with the will and energy to prevent it, then I hope you still accept the truth regardless even if your only response will be to let it happen and build permaculture.  Facts are facts. Denying them will result in added emotional stress as reality slaps us in the face later.  

ao's picture
ao
strabes wrote:

regarding #1, I used to react with such indignation at anyone who questioned my belief about the US..."how can you possibly not affirm my belief that my country is good?"  But the fact is the US is an empire trying to subjugate the world to the will of the banking cartel, it is today nothing close to what we were taught to believe, nothing close to what the constitution says, nothing close to what Madison, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin built.  So why wasn't I joining in the critiques instead of wasting time defending the imaginary country I had in my head?  If more americans would be willing to acknowledge the truth, then perhaps we would wake up and reconstitute the constitution and bill of rights. But as long as we refuse to hear criticism and hold onto the indoctrination we've been caught in since childhood, we will be implicitly supporting our empire government and be complicit in our banking/corporate/military takeover of other countries and eventually the destruction of our nation itself.

I think you may be confusing the American ideal with the American government.  The American ideal is good while the American government is falling increasingly short of that mark (to put it mildly, in deference to future government reviewers of this article, if you know what I mean), as both DTM and you (and myself) note.  As you know, our founding fathers warned of the problems inherent in big government.  My point was not to totally dismiss criticism but the America bashing does get tiresome and is unnecessary.  If we're going to bash, let's bash most of the world governments since the Russians, Chinese, British, French, Germans, etc., are all very accomplished bullies and just as culpable.

The America that I envisioned as a youth (and I think that most of us envisioned) does not exist except in the mind ... and it never has.  For example, we know how Jefferson threatened a second revolution just to get his way politically (from an article in Smithsonian).  He was a great man (one of my favorite) but he was as flawed as the rest of us and not above putting his personal quest for power above the good of his country.  The flim flamming that went on in the stock markets in NYC back in the mid 1800s was every bit the match of what the GS and JPMC boys are doing now (and described in The Book of Daniel Drew).

I fully recognize the problems that exist and have made it my mission to inform as many as possible of the circumstances but the unabashed bashing will just tend to alienate some of the people who need to hear the message the most.

ao's picture
ao
earthwise wrote:

Damnthematrix wrote:

No, it's not a copout-it's a valid point, one that you refused to address. Maybe because it's a point you missed. I'll try again.

It's an injustice to condemn any institution (political- as in a country, America, or a religious institution) because of the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts

It's clear that the point was that people (members) behavior shouldn't be discrediting of an otherwise viable institution. In rebuttal you offered this:

I used to be a very active member of the Australian Greens Party, but they refused to go along with all the stuff discussed here some eight years ago, so I left. I didn't like their precepts,

Your example is off point. It shows that the institution itself was discredited (in your eyes) in it's constitution ("I didn't like it's precepts") not by the acts of any of it's wayward adherants.

And then we have this:

I'm gonna stick my neck out with the moderators here, but I view religion as another copout.

Is it......? Is it.....? Could it be.........?

If you are unable to come to grips with the power and complexity of the Universe, then you invent "god". Problem fixed. You can then get on with your life, make lots of mistakes, and ask for forgiveness later..... and if you're good, there's always the rapture to take you away before TSHTF.

Why yes, yes! There it is! There we have it! Religious bigotry, for all to see. Complete with stereotyping and all! SurprisedOh no!

And all so unnecessary too. The point in dispute isn't religion (or country, you seem to have overlooked that that was part of the discussion), but "whether the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts" discredits the group, any group. If it did then your environmental cause would be thoroughly discredited by "the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts", like Al Gore, whose carbon footprint is bigger than some countries.

And as for this fine example of boorishness:

It's hard to determine where the ignorance ends and the presumptuous begins. If here you refer to me personally, you don't know my life so such a statement is both ignorant and presumptuous. If this a continuation of the preceding tirade then it merely confirms my charge of bigotry.

MY rant for the day.

Very well stated!  You saved me a lot of time.:-)

earthwise wrote:

If I may, permit me to take another stab at why the statements in dispute are objectionable. It's an injustice to condemn any institution (political- as in a country, America, or a religious institution) because of the failure of it's members to faithfully practice it's precepts.

This statement pretty much says it all.  Thank you.

ao's picture
ao

DTM,

I'm still wondering though, what are "the essential spiritual skills that (we) will depend on to navigate the Transition"?

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
ao wrote:

The America that I envisioned as a youth (and I think that most of us envisioned) does not exist except in the mind ... and it never has.   

An astute observation . . . Most children get over the Santa Claus delusion while still young . . . Or do they?  Perhaps they simply transfer their need to have an entity that fulfills their desires to other institutions.  Be that as it may, it amazes me that foks will hold onto their patriotic delusions well into old age, despite glaring evidence to the contrary.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire

AO and Strabes;

You've both written such excellent posts that any addition by me would only clutter up the thread with echoes.

DTM;

Until this moment, I didn't understand the source of your animosity . . . But now I get it . . . If I had swallowed that poison, I'd be in poor mettle, too. 

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Cloudfire wrote:

Most children get over the Santa Claus delusion while still young . . . Or do they? ...

???!!!... Just what are you implying?

Before I know it you'll be trying to foister that misguided publication... what's it called?.. Oh yeah!... 'The Santa Claus Delusion' upon me.

Just don't even think about it.

I put milk and cookies out every Christmas and in the morning they're ALWAYS GONE!!

So that proves they're ain't nuthin delusional about good 'ol Santa! 

No gifts for YOU this Christmas!! Wink

strabes's picture
strabes

ao, the point I want americans today to realize is that we are not a republic...we are an empire run by financial emperors (mostly foreigners) moving toward fascism.   So if they're cool with that, cool, but they should at least be aware of it instead of believing the marketing that we're free. Believing the latter is going to be a source of serious angst as we move into collapse.  

There is a difference between a republic that is imperfect but trying to fix its problems over the years as it strives for its ideals vs. an empire run by unelected foreign powers.  Even though things in Jefferson's days, or any other period of history, were pretty bad, the United States was still a nation governed by the constitution and it was in our hands via normal government operating procedures to keep striving. Today the US is a subsidiary of financial emperors and it is not in our hands via normal govt to fix things unless we directly dethrone the powers. We've already lost the constitution and bill of rights in practice, and losing it formally I believe is just around the corner if americans stay content.  So I'll continue trying to wake people up from their contentment.  

2 points regarding your need to compare us to other countries: 

1.  I never had any faith in the governments of Britain, Russia, Germany, China, etc so I don't care about bashing them because there's no disconnect between their ideals and their reality.  We know they're just run by despots...royals, communists, or bankers...all the same. Whereas I did have faith in the US as the only hopeful place on the globe that enshrined the dignity of the free human being, so yes, I'm quite upset about it in particular and will call us to live up to our ideals.

2.  I don't get why we can't acknowledge the truth about the US today without adding a footnote about every other country being bad too. What's that about?  Feels similar to divorcing couples I've worked with...neither person is willing to acknowledge truth because they are so busy naming how bad the other one is.  They want me to affirm that they are the good one and their partner is the bad one before they're willing to have a conversation.  Seems like Mao could say the same thing..."hey, what about Hitler and Stalin...I'm no worse than them."  Ok. Not helpful. But maybe most importantly, saying the US is no worse than other countries at this point doesn't recognize the role of the dollar in putting every other country under our wing. The fact is the US has never-before-seen power.  Therefore the US has the responsibility to use it for good. Unfortunately the US has thus far failed.

ckessel's picture
ckessel

Strabes,

IMHO  your post puts the matter clearly in perspective. Well stated!

Coop

ao's picture
ao

Strabes,

I'm not sure if you're getting the message behind the message or not so I'm PM you tomorrow to clarify.  Heading to bed now.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
rowmat wrote:
Cloudfire wrote:

Most children get over the Santa Claus delusion while still young . . . Or do they? ...

???!!!... Just what are you implying?

Before I know it you'll be trying to foister that misguided publication... what's it called?.. Oh yeah!... 'The Santa Claus Delusion' upon me.

Just don't even think about it.

I put milk and cookies out every Christmas and in the morning they're ALWAYS GONE!!

So that proves they're ain't nuthin delusional about good 'ol Santa! 

No gifts for YOU this Christmas!! Wink

Lololololololol!!!  Thanks for the laugh, Rowmat!

And . . . speaking of Mrs. Santa, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops,
but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

Masanobu Fukuoka

That quotation has become the most frequently used introduction to Masanobu Fukuoka, and to discussions of his Natural Farming method.

In his books, Fukuoka describes Natural Farming as "… a Buddhist way of farming that originates in the philosophy of 'Mu' or nothingness, and returns to a 'do-nothing' nature." He writes about Mahayana Natural Farming (Mahayana is one of the two major schools or sects of Buddhism) as "… the very embodiment of life in accordance with nature… [it] is realized when man becomes one with nature, for it is a way of farming that transcends time and space and reaches the zenith of understanding and enlightenment."

From these statements, it might seem necessary to understand Buddhist teachings in order to understand and practice his Natural Farming method, but quite the opposite is true.

When asked if he felt that he was receiving insight and guidance from a divine source, Fukuoka responded with the following:

"Although natural farming — since it can teach people to cultivate a deep understanding of nature - may lead to spiritual insight, it's not strictly a spiritual practice. Natural farming is just farming, nothing more. You don't have to be a spiritually oriented person to practice my methods. Anyone who can approach these concepts with a clear, open mind will be starting off well. In fact, the person who can most easily take up natural agriculture is the one who doesn't have any of the common adult obstructing blocks of desire, philosophy, or religion... the person who has the mind and heart of a child. One must simply know nature... real nature, not the one we think we know!"

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

DTM;

Until this moment, I didn't understand the source of your animosity . . . But now I get it . . . If I had swallowed that poison, I'd be in poor mettle, too.

Cloudfire, my biggest problems are frustration, and deep disappointment and disillusionment with humanity.......

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Damnthematrix wrote:

DTM;

Cloudfire, my biggest problems are frustration, and deep disappointment and disillusionment with humanity.......

Well, DTM, I'd say that we have those perceptions in common . . . but that we differ with regard to both the cause and the remedy for humanity's failings.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments