New health care bill, what it will cost you

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
New health care bill, what it will cost you

It’s worse than you can possibly imagine. Somehow, it manages to be Singer on steroids. Who wrote this bill? It has Singer’s footprints all over it.

http://www.financialsense.com/fsn/presentations/2009/0724.html

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12
Re: New health care bill, what it will cost you

Warning: Mild rant ahead, move on now if you do not want to hear it.

California provided free healthcare to all non citizens and it ruined them financially didn't it?  Or so I hear from my friends who live out there. I don't know how we can afford that level of charity when we can't insure our own citizens, we have mismanaged our money and that is one of the consequences of profligate spending and giving gazillions of dollars away to the banks.  But this is such political dynamite that I doubt it will be addressed.

Singer is a great animal rights advocate but his views on treatment of the disabled and the elderly make government of China's attitude look warm and fuzzy.  However, healthcare is rationed now as well.  I don't know which is worse.

According to Sermo.com, the majority of over 10,000 physicians polled (over 80 percent) do not support the AMA endorsed bill in its current form. I want healthcare for all but I feel like the government is stealing the investment I made in my own career (paying for my own tuitions, investment of time) and is giving me nothing in return for working for them for less.  I worked 2-3 jobs for over 10 years to pay off my loans and now they own me?  I now run my own practice and provide a significant amount of charity care as it is, and this is my reward.

I think many doctors who have the means will opt out of this plan and will have to drop their patients who are covered under it.

Unless we all become wage slaves to the state.  Of course, this is not the patient's problem.  And the Obama campaign is doing a smear campaign on physicians right now (truly) to help people accept this plan.

What can be done to change this? The AMA no longer represents me, and patient's need the insurance and cannot argue it down.

Oh well.....obviously I find this upsetting.

Perhaps the goal is to just pit physicians and patients against each other so the government and insurance/big pharma can do as they please.

D

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Re: New health care bill, what it will cost you

Heard on the news last night, with 45 million new patients coming into the new health care plan, they will need 45,000 new family doctors or just imagine the new lines in the waiting rooms.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments