New Forum Topics "more" link

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stephen Lark's picture
Stephen Lark
New Forum Topics "more" link

Currently the link for "more" at the bottom of New Forum Topics in the left-hand column of every page of PeakProsperity.com links to http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum , which is the main page for the forums. Would it be possible to change the "more" link so that it instead links to a page with a list of the newest forum topics in reverse chronological order (i.e. expanding on what is shown in the left-hand column)? I find seeing the list in New Forum Topics much more useful than going to http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum and trawling through each forum "folder" looking for the newest contributions.

barrt's picture
barrt
Re: New Forum Topics "more" link

A good idea,

What might be better would be a notification email sent to let you know that someone had replied to your post. This might be available as a simple plug in for the blog software used on this site

admin's picture
admin
barrt wrote:

A good idea,

What might be better would be a notification email sent to let you know that someone had replied to your post. This might be available as a simple plug in for the blog software used on this site

barrt,

There is an RSS feed icon on every blog post and forum thread ... see above.  You can use this to receive continual updates throughout the day without having to check the site.  Just need to use an RSS reader for this.

We also have some plans down the road for some new notification options.  However these are a little lower on the priority list.

Ron

admin's picture
admin
StephenLark wrote:

Would it be possible to change the "more" link so that it instead links to a page with a list of the newest forum topics in reverse chronological order (i.e. expanding on what is shown in the left-hand column)?

Stephen,

An interesting idea and we'll add it to our list.  Lots of other things we need to do in advance, but certainly something I'd like to consider for the not-too-distant future.

Ron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments