New Forum Rules Posted Discussion Thread

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
New Forum Rules Posted Discussion Thread

New Forum Rules Posted

Anyone with limited time, who would like to share information with me, without being interrogated about their sources, is welcome to email me.  If I'm interested, I'm more than happy to research the matter on my own time.  I'm always interested in ideas about alternative healthcare, herbal medicine, sustainable living, homesteading,  gardening, and the misadventures of TPTB and the mainstream healthcare system, or anything else that is related to my posts. 

Ready's picture
Ready
Re: New Forum Rules Posted Discussion Thread

I don't see a benefit to poking the mods in the eye here.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire

No poke in anyone's eye . . . . It's just a friendly invitation that may save the mods a bit of inconvenience  . . . . and save precious space on the site . . . .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Ready wrote:

I don't see a benefit to poking the mods in the eye here.

Please post a link supporting your assertion that a mod's eye has been poked . . . . Smile

Moderator Jason's picture
Moderator Jason

It should be pointed out that common sense will apply in every case.  Nobody will be expected to provide a reference where one is clearly inappropriate, where a "fact" is a personal experience (i.e., "I find that my peas grow better when..."), or common knowledge, or has been addressed elsewhere on the site, or else the user is not basing their conclusion on that fact.  Similarly, a user is free to suggest that something is true, but state that they are unable to find proof.

On the other hand, if somebody stands up and makes a unique and important claim of fact, a claim which may inform how others take action, or which points to a definite and original conclusion, then we don't feel it is unreasonable to ask that they provide a source or two, upon request.  Those who say they simply don't have the time to do this are placing a large and unfair burden on their readers.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Moderator Jason wrote:

It should be pointed out that common sense will apply in every case.  Nobody will be expected to provide a reference where one is clearly inappropriate, where a "fact" is a personal experience (i.e., "I find that my peas grow better when..."), or common knowledge, or has been addressed elsewhere on the site, or else the user is not basing their conclusion on that fact.  Similarly, a user is free to suggest that something is true, but state that they are unable to find proof.

On the other hand, if somebody stands up and makes a unique and important claim of fact, a claim which may inform how others take action, or which points to a definite and original conclusion, then we don't feel it is unreasonable to ask that they provide a source or two, upon request.  Those who say they simply don't have the time to do this are placing a large and unfair burden on their readers.

Oh, my . . . . I can't believe you took that request for references seriously . . . . .

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12

c1oudfire

I got the joke FWIW. I actually laughed while realizing I am breaking a few of the rules and realizing they are pretty appropriate overall.

I don't see where there was any mudslinging here, just gentle good natured teasing and an openness to direct communication. Email is so tough, hard to interpret, deceptively so.

Be well all

D

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments