New documentary on the interconnected nature of global crises

1 post / 0 new
bucrab11's picture
bucrab11
New documentary on the interconnected nature of global crises

I think forum users might find this new documentary an interesting and engaging watch.

This is what Richard Heinburg from Postcarbon has said about it - "A really fantastic overview of the global situation. I don't think I've seen a more comprehensive 'welcome to the 21st century'."

'The Crisis of Civilization' has just been released online to watch for free, to download and to buy on DVD on the website

http://crisisofcivilization.com/watch/

Information about the author Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed and his book 'A User's Guide to the Crisis of Civilization: And How to Save It' can also be found on the site.

It's becoming more and more important for us to weave these threads together as this film does so eloquently, not just on the environment and the economy but how they interplay and interconnect with war for resources, food distribution and even terrorism! The film is also a useful tool to show to the uninitiated as it lays out in an non-judgemental way the seriousness of the crises we are facing and some ways to think about moving forward out of them whilst managing to keep the tone upbeat with the stock-footage and animations.

Anyway, I'de be interested to hear what you think.

Login or Register to post comments