New Bills equal Big Brother! S.436 HR1076

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
New Bills equal Big Brother! S.436 HR1076

I was listening to Leo Laport today and he stated who was behind this bill. The record industry and movie industry. Trying to push this through since 1998. Said they want to monitor if your stealing their product. All I know is, under the guise of terror and your children our freedoms are being  slowly taken away. They can already check your credit history transactions. Monitor your phone conversation and now your internet useage. 

If anyone has more info on this bill, I would like to  hear it.  

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s436/show

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Re: New Bills equal Big Brother! S.436 HR1076

Having read S.436 and the responses via the provided links, I think there is an over-reaction going on.

I mean - think about it: How do you propose to prosecute sexual offenders if you have no electronic record of their activities?

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

I think you miss the point. The loss of our privacy is at stake. There are many other ways to find preditors and much less intrusive than this bill. This is how they sold us on the patriot act to; and look what we give up. Right to habeas corpus. Spying on our phone calls. No fly lists and other so called terrorist lists. Your loss of the right to bear arms threw regulation and suspicion.  I think our founding fathers would be calling for the heads of the government by now.

Just like the thin line between love and hate, we now are at the point of the noose being slipped over our necks, with only the hangmen missing.  

maveri's picture
maveri
investorzzo wrote:

...All I know is, under the guise of terror and your children our freedoms are being  slowly taken away....and now your internet useage. 

This sounds like the excuse given in Australia for the internet filter that is being trialled all in the name of catching criminals.

In our case however, it's the catch cry of "Protect the children".

The issue here is that we will have a secret blacklist that the government will maintain but will not publish nor allow public access to - the potential for abuse is great. Who's to say it will not be expanded to block political websites for eventually information that's against the established view. Maybe even www.PeakProsperity.com perhaps!

Someone who knew how to control and manipulate people on mass once said: 

Quote:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

And that person was non other than......Adolf Hitler

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments