Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label Colloidal Silver as Pesticide, found funded by Big Pharma

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 27 2009
Posts: 490
Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label Colloidal Silver as Pesticide, found funded by Big Pharma

Depressing, the amounts of money these groups have received from Merck!

http://www.naturalnews.com/027186_silver_Merck_colloidal_silver.html

Started taking colliadal silver as a natural disifectant. If anyone has info or experience on this please pass it along.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...

When I hike the AT, I don't carry too much water other than what I've purified.  IDepending on which part of the AT we're on and the time of year I typically use a couple of drops of colloidal silver after I've filtered my drinking water.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...
John99 wrote:

Depressing, the amounts of money these groups have received from Merck!

http://www.naturalnews.com/027186_silver_Merck_colloidal_silver.html

Started taking colliadal silver as a natural disifectant. If anyone has info or experience on this please pass it along.

The fact that Merck find colloidal silver a threat to its business is one of the best recommendations I've heard yet . . .

John99's picture
John99
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 27 2009
Posts: 490
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...

Dogs wrote,

When I hike the AT, I don't carry too much water other than what I've purified.  IDepending on which part of the AT we're on and the time of year I typically use a couple of drops of colloidal silver after I've filtered my drinking water.

Do you buy it pre-made or make your own Dogs?

I have bot a little kit with a 9V battery and 2 silver polls. The instruction say,  "leave it in a glass of clear water for between 2 and 3 minutes". A little sketch on the instructions but hasn't killed me so far...

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...
John99 wrote:

Dogs wrote,

When I hike the AT, I don't carry too much water other than what I've purified.  IDepending on which part of the AT we're on and the time of year I typically use a couple of drops of colloidal silver after I've filtered my drinking water.

Do you buy it pre-made or make your own Dogs?

I have bot a little kit with a 9V battery and 2 silver polls. The instruction say,  "leave it in a glass of clear water for between 2 and 3 minutes". A little sketch on the instructions but hasn't killed me so far...

Hi, John;

Could you post a source link for your colloidal-silver-making-gadget?

Anybody have any info on how one could verify the concentration of homemade colloidal silver?  And, does anyone have any information on the particle size produced by such a homegrown process?  I understand that particle size matters . . . . (Hold the jokes, gentlemen . . . . )

 

John99's picture
John99
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 27 2009
Posts: 490
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...

Hi C1oudfire, you asked, 

Hi, John;

Could you post a source link for your colloidal-silver-making-gadget?

 

http://www.natur-wellness.ch/products/de/Silberkolloid/Silberkolloid-nac...

and how is your German? Sehr gut? Wunderbar, cause it doesn't appear to be in English. This is a Swiss site and I see the price is now 138chf, reduced from the 149chf I paid one month ago - scheisse!!!!!  Must be deflation.

If you need some help with the translation, let me know :-)

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...

John -

I have a Katadyn Vario and Katadyn Hiker Pro filter.  The filter elements are silver impregnated.  The colloidal silver comes in solution and can be found at just about any outdoor or camping supply store.

Here are the links to the Katadyn and MSR sites (WARNING - If you are a camping enthusiast or E Prep kind of person, you can spend a lot of money here!!!)  Surprised  Make sure if you get one of these filters you get a good supply of replacement filter elements.

Katadyn:  http://www.katadyn.com/usen

MSR:  http://cascadedesigns.com/MSR/Water-Treatment-And-Hydration/category

Filters: 

Katadyn Hiker Pro:  ~$60  - This one is a must for your Bug-Out kit.  http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_58484_325005003_325000000_325005000_325-5-3

Katadyn Vario:  ~$80-90  http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_WP%20F350_A_name_E_Katadyn%20Vario%20Dual-Technology%20Water%20Filter

Katadyn Pocket:  Almost $300.00, but well worth it.  http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_WP%20F400_A_name_E_KATADYN®%20Pocket™%20Water%20Filter

MSR Miniworks:  A little more expensive (~$100.00) but a good, durable product.  http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_34883_325005003_325000000_325005000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

Miox:  ~$140, a great little unit.  No pumping needed, but you will need replacement salts and batteries.  SEAL teams carry these and that's all the endorsement I need.  http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_52136_325005003_325000000_325005000_325-5-3

Solution:  http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_WP%20S850_A_name_E_ASAP+Silver+Solution+Combo+Kit+%28Solution%2C+Book%2C+and+Pump%29

Micropur also makes a wide line of water purification products - tablets, drops, iodine, etc.,  http://www.rei.com/search?cat=4500030&cat=4500460&hist=cat%2C4500030%3AFilters+and+Purifiers%5Ecat%2C4500460%3AHalogens+and+Chemicals&cm_mmc=ps_google_KWless_CH-_-Category%20-%20Camp%2fHike-_-Camping%2fHiking_Water_Water-Treatment_Halogens-and-Chemicals-_-micropur%20tablets&gclid=CNSa2JW5q50CFQTyDAodYG9Sjw

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 29 2008
Posts: 1813
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...
John99 wrote:

Hi C1oudfire, you asked, 

Hi, John;

Could you post a source link for your colloidal-silver-making-gadget?

 

http://www.natur-wellness.ch/products/de/Silberkolloid/Silberkolloid-nac...

and how is your German? Sehr gut? Wunderbar, cause it doesn't appear to be in English. This is a Swiss site and I see the price is now 138chf, reduced from the 149chf I paid one month ago - scheisse!!!!!  Must be deflation.

If you need some help with the translation, let me know :-)

Hi, John;

My German's good enough to know that you just buzzed the moderator's desk  . . .  Thanks for the link . . .

 

plato1965's picture
plato1965
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 18 2009
Posts: 615
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...

 It's *very* simple to make your own, why pay $100+  for 2 pieces of silver wire and a 9 volt battery..

  A good uk site for buying 99.99% silver wire is -> http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/si_bare.html

  One benefit of doing it yourself is that you can always build another cheaply for yourself or for friends..

 For me, the hardest part is getting hold of deionised/distilled water... working on a homemade distillation thing at the moment.

 

 Aside:  For me it's a HUGE plus factor for silver as an investment over gold...

you get water purification, medicine, investment and better "divisibility"..   not to mention a greater upside possibly...

 Oh, add a glass of colloidal silver to the washing machine load and you can save on deodorant too... *grin*

 With gold... well.. you get to look like Mr T I spose...

 

 "Ah pity da fool who doesn't have silver .."

 

John99's picture
John99
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Aug 27 2009
Posts: 490
Re: Natural Health: Activist Groups trying to label ...

Thanks a ton, Dogs, for the time to complete such a list!! Cheers

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments