The Nations Top 545 People, Will They Make A Difference?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
ckessel's picture
ckessel
The Nations Top 545 People, Will They Make A Difference?

Charlie Reese does a nice job of delineating the real source of our governments "unsolveable" problems.  Note that it is up to us to work out the details of how we can exercise demand for change. This could be right up the Martenson Brigades' ultimate alley!  I think the article does a good job of outlining the problem.

Coop

EVERY
CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SAID IN THIS
MESSAGE.  READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT
DEBACLE.
 Charley Reese has been
a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE
By
Charlie Reese
Politicians
are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against
them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the
Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever
wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we
have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. 
The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to
vote on appropriations. The House of representatives does.

You and I
don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal
policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the
Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one
president, and nine Supreme Court justices  545 human beings out of the 300
million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the
domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the
Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress.   In
1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to
a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the
special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal
authority.  They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a
president to do one cotton-picking

thing.  I
don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician
has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it
is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes..

Those 545
human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not
their fault.   They cooperate in this common con regardless of
party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an
excessive amount of gall.   No

normal human
being would have the gall
of a Speaker,
who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.   The president
can only propose a budget.   He cannot force the Congress to accept
it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole
responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving
appropriations and taxes.   Who is the speaker of the House?   Nancy
Pelosi.

She is the
leader of the majority party.  She and fellow House members, not the president,
can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it
over his veto if they

agree
to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not
replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence
and irresponsibility.   I can't think of a single

domestic problem
that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.  When you fully grasp the
plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then
it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax
code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the
red, it's because they want it in the red .

If the Army & Marines are
in  IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive
social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people,
it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government
problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats,
whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and
advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate
and from whom they can take this power.   Above all, do not let them con you
into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the
economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take
an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are
responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they
alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their
bosses.

Provided the voters
have the gumption to manage

their
own

employees.

We
should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie
Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel
Newspaper.

What you do
with this article now that you have read it... is up to
you.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best
interest.
~Benjamin Franklin~
The purpose of life is a life of
purpose.
~Robert Byrne~
"Energy is the essence of life.
Every day you
decide how you're going
to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes
to reach" --Peter Dorsett
"Education is the Apprenticeship of
Life"

visit: www.theinformationnetwork.com

Peter
Dorsett does not accept any liability
or responsibility for the accuracy of
the
information being provided by others on
Heads-Up Alert notices. It is
your sole responsibility and duty, to verify
the accuracy and the legality
of any information you are viewing on the Internet.

grl's picture
grl
Re: The Nations Top 545 People, Will They Make A Difference?

Pipe Dreams!

I promise you that the American people will not vote for the kind of change this writer seeks. Here's just one little example of what I mean:

This newscast reports that a SF congresswoman did not attempt to put any earmarks for her district in the most recent spending bill ... (gasp) on principle. The reporter then interviews a few of her constituents - do they say "That's great, we have a congresswoman who is not afraid to say what is right." ? Nope, they are dismayed that they didn't get any pork. Ok, only two or three people were interviewed so it is not a fair sample, but I dare to guess that most of her constituents would echo the same thoughts. What do you think would happen to a congressperson who refused to put earmarks for his/her district in a bill. (even Ron Paul does it) Let's see if this congresswoman stands by her principles, and if so, she gets re-elected.

The bit about this congresswoman starts around the 1:45 point. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=12444452&src=news

Truth is almost everyone wants more taxes - on the other guy, almost everyone wants pork - for their neighborhood, almost everyone wants special protections as long as they are the ones being protected, almost everyone wanted to invade Iraq - when patriotism and bravado were at their peak after 9/11.....and on and on and on.

[In a democratic form of government] "The people get the government they deserve." (variously attributed to many authors.)

Gadfly's picture
Gadfly

This is the best post I have seen a while ckessel.  Good find.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Coop -

Haven't the 545 made enough of a difference already?

I like to call this assmebly of 'leaders" the "Idiocracy" - even though Mrs. Dogs frowns at me when I say that.

I saw this floating around a few months back - still a good read.  Thanks for posting it.

that1guy's picture
that1guy
Lisa G wrote:

Pipe Dreams!

I promise you that the American people will not vote for the kind of change this writer seeks. Here's just one little example of what I mean:

This newscast reports that a SF congresswoman did not attempt to put any earmarks for her district in the most recent spending bill ... (gasp) on principle. The reporter then interviews a few of her constituents - do they say "That's great, we have a congresswoman who is not afraid to say what is right." ? Nope, they are dismayed that they didn't get any pork. Ok, only two or three people were interviewed so it is not a fair sample, but I dare to guess that most of her constituents would echo the same thoughts. What do you think would happen to a congressperson who refused to put earmarks for his/her district in a bill. (even Ron Paul does it) Let's see if this congresswoman stands by her principles, and if so, she gets re-elected.

Truth is almost everyone wants more taxes - on the other guy, almost everyone wants pork - for their neighborhood, almost everyone wants special protections as long as they are the ones being protected, almost everyone wanted to invade Iraq - when patriotism and bravado were at their peak after 9/11.....and on and on and on.

[In a democratic form of government] "The people get the government they deserve." (variously attributed to many authors.)

It is disappointing to me to see so little hope. With  out people like all of us and that individual that wrote that article no one would ever realize what is happening. There is another post that talks about this, Look up 'will they ever silence glen beck, but start at post 64 or 65. Ill post a link here if your truly interested. Here is something I typed on that thread which seemed to be reiterated a few times

'If it boils down to states succeeding from the union that I completely agree with you. As I have said before we are speeding down that path. Many states have already claimed the 10th, but rather than loose hope and think all is lost we have to try. No matter if it is one person at a time or groups, eventually many will catch on. I know it won't be easy; especially working for 'the man' I'm always getting into debates with 'blinded' people, but it has been worth it. In-fact I recently had a roughly 2 hour (not planed) question and answer period with our squadrons chief....long story short, he was speechless saying things like, "I had no idea, I was told a little bit, but...huh." That is a great thing to see/hear especially when he jumped in to a conversation I was already in with 3 others because he was "interested in learning more."

That is just one example, but even if it takes one conversation at a time I know it will be worth the effort. To be honest, my own mother is completely blinded, but the more I open her eyes I think it is large part fear. Fear is something that can be overcome with knowledge. The more one know's and understand an issue/issues the less one will fear it. Seeing big names like Glen Beck (weather liked or not), Ron Paul, Peter Schiff (I know he wasn't always big) and even Chuck Norris getting involved I believe is a big step in the right direction. Let alone the fact we are seeing others like Dr. Martenson getting mention in articles as well.'

Also, there is a difference between earmarks and pork. If there were no earmark whatso ever the entire bucket of money would go to the treasury to do whatever they want with it with out any transparency, Am I saying I agree with millions of dollars to promote astronomy, or any of the sily stuff? Nope, but at least Ron Paul is speaking for his constituents, and getting money for roads and bridges out of a bill already appropriated. I only mention him because you did as well. Maybe I am alone here, but I agree with Ron Paul's definition of earmarks. Earmarks do not directly equal pork, although it tends to end up that way.

This is a pretty good video of Dr. Paul explaining the meaning of earmarks.

Referring to your last paragraph I do agree that people are very divided, I disagree that everyone is completely self centered and pessimistic. There are many out there that simply don't know the truth. Simply giving up on the matter all together because "the people get the government they deserve" is silly, and a big part of the problem as well. (Not that you said you were giving up on the matter, but it sure sounds like it)

grl's picture
grl

kudos for being such an optimist that1guy. I am far more cynical! The only way things will really change is if there is a complete collapse of the system as we know it. That just might happen. Then there will be an opportunity for a better system to be put into place and unfortunately, an opportunity for something worse (e.g. communism). I for one, am not holding my breath. (P.S. Did you follow Ron Paul's campaign? Does that give you a clue?)

that1guy's picture
that1guy
Lisa G wrote:

kudos for being such an optimist that1guy. I am far more cynical! The only way things will really change is if there is a complete collapse of the system as we know it. That just might happen. Then there will be an opportunity for a better system to be put into place and unfortunately, an opportunity for something worse (e.g. communism). I for one, am not holding my breath. (P.S. Did you follow Ron Paul's campaign? Does that give you a clue?)

Well, thanks. I have always considered myself to be an optimist/realist in that I do believe there is a HUGE collapse looming in the future; as Dr. Martenson would say the next 20 years being completely different from the last. I'm also used to people thinking I'm more of a doomer because I am starting to stockpile non perishables, and other items I see on sale right now (major food issues looming as well in the not to distant future). Tie that in with Pensions and insurance, and the Boomers retiring (if they can) as well as the MASSIVE deficit (just shgy of 11trillion) and oil, it is safe to say we hae some extremely serious problems on the  horizon. That said is the exact reason why I refuse to give up on people especially when I see so many simply don't know. I know there are many that don't want to know, but there is not much anyone can do about that.  

You can't force information on the unwilling, or un wanting, all a person an do is share the knowledge with others that want to listen.

I did follow it as much as possible from here. All things considered I don't think it was that bad of a job. The fact is his movement is still going, and growing. Is it going to win him a presidency now? Well of coarse not, but he is still out there making a difference.

ckessel's picture
ckessel
Lisa G wrote:

Lisa G. 

I totally relate to your pessimism. On the other hand your comments really present what I consider an optomistic outcome for the following reasons:

1) Our system cannot do otherwise than collapse since exponential growth functions cannot survive in a finite environment. With the 545 doing exactly the opposite of what could salvage the scene, it will occur soon enough. I say it will happen .... for sure but not likely in an "over the cliff" style. I say that is a positive event as it should create the jolt needed to wake up the sheeple and set the stage for positive change.

2) We will put something else in place. Who is "we" I think is a very critical issue and probably subject for another thread. As for communism I had hoped to find the 10 points of the communist manefesto to include here but suggest you look them up. You don't need to worry about it coming to pass since the US currently is one of the best examples of a working model of that system. (They were posted on this site a short while ago but I can't locate them)  

3) Ron Paul has not yet had his day but I think he will see a measure of success. People like him and  those who frequent this site whether they post or not and the Chris Martensons around the world who are willing to act and walk the talk and have finally had enough will make a difference. It should be an interesting ride and I wouldn't trade my seat for a ticket anywhere else   .... besides .....I love rooting for the underdog!

Coop

ckessel's picture
ckessel

Dogs,

I had an idea for voting in a new member of the "change" platform. Maybe Mrs Dogs would want to run and oust one of the 544 deadbeats (Ron Paul should not be counted) and since she is doing such a great job on the Lowesville ......... just a thought!  Then the Ideocracy would be toast!

Coop

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments