My close friend doesnt know who Timmy Geithner is. WOW

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
My close friend doesnt know who Timmy Geithner is. WOW

Was talking to a close buddy of mine today, he's 28, college educated in marketing, makes good money.

Was talking about the currency markets going berzerk lately and mentioned Geithner. I asked him "you know who he is right?"

He responds with "sounds familiar, what does he do?"

Yes my good friends, this is what we are dealing with, ignorance on a massive scale. The fact that my college educated friend, who worked in auto advertizing for 3 years doesnt know who timmy G is, just boggles the mind. But thats how self centered the sheeple are. They dont take 5 minutes from their self centered universe to learn something new and important. We are doomed.

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Re: My close friend doesnt know who Timmy Geithner is. WOW

Just to add a bit more.

The names that every citizen with a functioning mental capacity SHOULD recognize are as follows: Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke, Timmy Geithner.

I understand people are busy living their lives, working hard, and trying to take care of bills, kids, etc. Thus, if people dont know the other shady characters such as Larry Summers, Robert Rubin, Dick Fuld, Ken Lewis, Jamie Dimon, Richard Haas, they are excused. But to be ignorant of the first three tyrants, in light of whats happened in the last 3 years, is completely without excuse.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

I can top that...

During the 2008 elections (early on), a Ft. Lauderdale bar tender told me the "news" that John McCain had been elected President! After some probing questions I realized that he didn't understand the difference between a primary and the general election. When I explained it to him he showed no real interest and shrugged it off saying "Oh, well he won something, anyway. I guess I'm not sure what - I've never voted myself - that stuff never really interested me." When I expressed some frustration with his attitude and politely intimated that perhaps as a citizen he had a duty to pay attention to such matters, he was offended and looked at me like I was a nutcase. Oh how I miss South Florida... NOT!

I think complacency is an inherent problem in humanity in general. Basically, the real issue here is that Americans have had it so good for so long that the masses see no reason to care or pay attention to the actions of their government. This ain't the '60s where young guys died by the thousands in wars like Vietnam - in the age of automated warfare the casualty ratio is so low that even senseless wars don't concern most folks much. And as for Timmy G, he's just one of those guys in the government that does whatever it is that they do. No real reason to pay attention. The season finals for American Idol are coming up, haven't you heard?

Erik

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

Basically, the real issue here is that Americans have had it so good for so long that the masses see no reason to care or pay attention to the actions of their government.

That statement, is actually whats been going through my head for the past few months. The majority of the public thinks "its been good for so long, it will be good in the future, they (the gov) will figure something out". As Chris M has stated so many times, "people base the future off of the past". Sigh

rowmat's picture
rowmat
SNAFU!!

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

That's what government mandated education gets you - a population ignorant enough to fleece without even knowing it.  A stealthy and stunning success for politicians, no doubt.

Davos's picture
Davos

Good thread, Erik and FarmerBrown - I so relate and agree.

Sam's picture
Sam

Had bmt's friend, or erik's bartender been deeply involved and aware, what effect could they have had? I have been involved and aware for a very long time and I would suggest that the system is arranged in such a way that the citizen is not allowed to affect outcomes.

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2

In defense of all the idiots out there, why would I have paid attention to who these people were?  I just wrote checks to a financial planner every April, and assumed that I paid him to know these things.

I pay my Attorney to know the law and my Doctor to know how to treat my illness.  I was good at nursing babies and selling on ebay.  I could talk about those things with absolute authority. I was just doing what my parents and theirs before did...decades of government stealth abusing power and enslaving the people.  It's confusing because the bible tells us to be like sheep.  But I realise now that we've been sheep to the wrong shepard.

I'm learning everything now, reading everything you write.

Playing catch up.  Sheeple no more!

land2341's picture
land2341

I have a friend who works for a major investment firm.  And refuses to invest in stock!  No,  not because she knows it is rigged.  But, because she is not interested and won't do the research.  She never votes,  never has and doesn't read any newspapers or even go to any on-line news sites.  She has actually said, " what I don't know won't hurt me and what you say you do know just stresses you out."  Surprised

She completely believes that the "system" works just fine and always will.  They are the ones who will be most dangerous to us when the SHTF.  Clueless, unprepared and entitled.

Swampmama3's picture
Swampmama3

Sam, I agree we are not allowed to affect the outcomes, but if the bartender and the friend were paying attention and educated, they could at least be preparing themselves and their families for what is coming.  They would not have to suffer so much, and would be less of a burden on the system.  I vote just to be heard in however small a way.  Usually for an independant or 3rd party candidate that I know has no chance of winning.  I do it because I want to show support for alternative ideas and power structures.

Knowing and caring and trying and voting doesn't change things for the rest of the world.  That's not the point.  It does change the outcome for yourself and those you love.  The bartender might see his children starve.  Those of us who are aware and prepared might not.  Maybe.  For the time it takes to do a little research, I think its well worth it.

V's picture
V

I completely understand this issue. I also understand the resistance to talk of a NWO. If taken in that context however many of the loose ends can be pulled together. You go from thinking this is al a random happenstance to seeing a pattern and are therefore able to make informed choices.

This has been posted before on this site but I think in this context it may prove usesful

V

ps Voting is a compete waste of time and energy

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

Im going to the local best buy on my way to work, and im going to hold a photo of bernanke and ask 100 people if they know who he is.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

That would be a fun video to make - akin to that guy who was trying to sell the 1oz gold eagle for $20 and couldn't find a buyer.

Photos of Summers, Geithner, Bernanke, Paulson, Blankfein, Dimon, Frank, and maybe even Yellen for extra credit. I bet if you stood on a street corner in a major city (other than NYC finance district) looking for someone who could recognize and name all above persons, you'd be there a very very long time. Best Buy? Even harder audience.

Erik

idoctor's picture
idoctor

BMT you might want to start out with a picture of Opra as a warm up LOL.

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

I WILL make this video and will post it for your viewing entertainment. If the world is going to hell in a handbasket, might as well have some fun!

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

BMT,

If you're serious about making the video, may I suggest also asking some knowledge questions?

What is the "Dicount Window"?

What is the present Fed Funds rate of interest?

Is the US Dollar getting stronger or weaker relative to Gold?

Is the US Dollar getting stronger or weaker relative to other currencies?

What is the approximate price of an ounce of gold? Silver? A barrel of crude oil?

You get the idea...

Erik

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Erik T. wrote:

BMT,

If you're serious about making the video, may I suggest also asking some knowledge questions?

What is the "Dicount Window"?

What is the present Fed Funds rate of interest?

Is the US Dollar getting stronger or weaker relative to Gold?

Is the US Dollar getting stronger or weaker relative to other currencies?

What is the approximate price of an ounce of gold? Silver? A barrel of crude oil?

You get the idea...

Erik

Erik,

Remember BMT is doing this in front of Best Buy. Do you really think that most of those people could get past Who is Bernanke?

I suspect that most would not know the difference between Discount Window and Bay Window.

I am looking forward to seeing the video. It should be entertaining

Ken

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

Just had another [admittedly borderline psychotic] idea:

What if you posed as some sort of detective, and showed people WANTED posters with crimes like treason, financial terrorism, etc. in the fine print, but with photos of Geithner, Summers, Bernanke, Paulson, Blankfein, etc. on them. Then just  tell people you are trying to catch crooks, that you heard they may be in the area, and would they mind looking at the photos to see if they recognize any of the fugitives you're looking for.

I bet you'd be there all day before anyone in front of Best Buy noticed the "fugitives" in question were mostly elected or appointed government officials!

Just a thought...

Erik

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments