Must See! - Ron Paul interview in 1988

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
Must See! - Ron Paul interview in 1988

"...the marketplace will overwhelm even those men of great power and it will be a panic that the bankers won't be able to maintain and then they will want to maintain their power not by fine tuning the economy, but then by the intimidation of political force."

Those words appear to refer to recent events, namely October 2008.

But they in fact were uttered by Ron Paul during the following interview back in August, 1988.

What is discussed in this interview is chilling in both its subject matter, and its accuracy in the light of recent events.

For those surprised by the references to the drug trade, money laundering and Wall Street I suggest you read 'Crossing the Rubicon' by Michael Ruppert.

To by perfectly frank I'm surprised Ron Paul hasn't met the same fate as others who have spoken out against the corrupt power system.

RON PAUL BACK IN '88 TALKING ABOUT THE CRISIS PART 1

RON PAUL BACK IN '88 TALKING ABOUT THE CRISIS PART 2

(Take particular note at around 8:40 when references are made to the Iran/Contra affair, Oliver North, FEMA Camps and the Suspension of Constitution. - In the light of what is now happening this is chilling! - 'Crossing the Rubicon' by Michael Ruppert will make this clear.)

RON PAUL BACK IN '88 TALKING ABOUT THE CRISIS PART 3

RON PAUL BACK IN '88 TALKING ABOUT THE CRISIS PART 4

0:40 - "FEMA will be in control, not the American people"
2:26 - "...the marketplace will overwhelm even those men of great power and it will be a panic that the bankers won't be able to maintain and then they will want to maintain their power not by fine tuning the economy, but then by the intimidation of political force."
(Foward 20 years to October 2008! - *Refer to the end of this post)
6:35 - References to Wall Street and the Drug Trade.

RON PAUL BACK IN '88 TALKING ABOUT THE CRISIS PART 5

"...by the intimidation of political force..."

*Martial Law?!

*Rep. Brad Sherman says Congress threatened with Martial Law if bill is not passed

MarkM's picture
MarkM
Re: Must See! - Ron Paul interview in 1988

rowmat,

I worry about Dr.Paul's safety frequently.  During the primaries, he was painted as a "kook"..and it worked.  Since then, he has appeared much more frequently on MSM interviews.  I believe he speaks the truth about many, many things that we should be taking very seriously.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

Here is part 5 of 5 . Rowmat mistakenly re-posted 1 of 5 at the end:

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Part 5... Whoops! - Thanks for spotting that!
Patrick Brown wrote:

Here is part 5 of 5 . Rowmat mistakenly re-posted 1 of 5 at the end:...

Whoops! - Thanks for spotting that!

Ron Paul is one of the fews voices of reason in congress.

Unfortunately by the time the 'soon-to-be serfs' realise what he has been trying to warn them about for over thirty years it will be too late.

ejanea's picture
ejanea

I have been watching the 1988 Ron Paul series.

I was living in the US at that time and I was as worried as Mr Paul.  It's part of the reason that I am back in Aust. now (land, family and better security!)

The other little piece of information that I remember was that when Noriega was arrested and brought back to Florida, there was a great fanfare about the fact that his trial would be shown live on CNN.  I marked it on my calender because I knew then too, that the drug trade involving the US government would be exposed by Noriega and his witnesses, one of whom was called Rojas, from memory (I was still trying to work out why no one had interviewed Eugene Hassenfus when he arrived back home from Honduras... but I could put 2 and 2 together!)

On the day that the trial was supposed to be live, I turned to CNN to find a breaking story that bumped everything else.  Clarence Thomas and his sexual harassment of a woman in his office was the only news.  She had made a complaint two years previously.

A feminist friend phoned, full of disgust (for Thomas)... my only response was that the two year old complaint had been resurrected in order to prevent the Noriega trial from becoming public!  I have tried to find out what happened.  I did know some of the details, though I've forgoten the names of the witnesses the Noriega had  (I wonder whether they are still alive.)   

Watching this video of Ron Paul discussing the power of the bankers and their politicians, and once again, putting 2 and 2 together... this only seems to confirm everything that I had suspected years ago.

There was a documentary made about the unusual weapons that had been tested in Panama.  I eventually contacted the maker of that documentary to see whether they had any access to information about the Noriega trial.  They had tried and couldn't find out either. Noriega has been held in custody ever since, and there is no further communication from him as far as I know.  His prison sentence was completed in 2007,  but he remains in US custody  still (in Miami).  I wonder whether he'll ever be released.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Ron Paul will be judged as a clairvoyant in the eyes of history.

Simple, Logical, Fair and Intelligent.

I'm not sure what it is about his message that "repels" the mainstream, but that should be a sign to all of us of just how dire things are.

Aaron

JAG's picture
JAG

Ron Paul's daughter is an OB/GYN (like him) who delivered my baby girl. Unlike many MD's, she is very approachable and very down to earth. My wife and I have been very blessed to have her in our life, both professionally and socially. I hope I can raise my daughter half as well as Ron Paul raised his daughter. Though I have never met Congressman Paul, I can't help but believe that his daughter's character is a testament to his character.

rowmat's picture
rowmat

The U.S. drug trade, according to Mike Ruppert's 'Crossing the Rubicon', is worth between five hundred billion to one trillion dollars annually and is an integral part of the U.S. economy, Wall Street and CIA operations. It operates at every level from the addict on the street to the highest levels of law 'dis-enforcement', intelligence and government. I think there is enough evidence available now to show this is not some kind of aberration but a co-ordinated, endemic and ongoing 50 year operation

As almost every aspect of the corporate world ie. the military industrial complex, financial sector, energy sector, pharmaceutical industry, agribusiness, media etc and government have become so endemically corrupted I fear that the recovery that the general public is hoping will turn things around is never going to come.

I don't like saying this but I'll feel the U.S. is heading in the direction of Argentina (1999 - 2001) and the ultimate response of those in power to the crisis will be akin to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Coupled with the financial meltdown is, of course, diminishing energy resources and climate change.

If you disagree show me those now in power who are making decisions in the best interests of the public, their children and grandchildren... can you?

If true positive change is coming can someone point me towards the light because I can't see it, apart from people like Ron Paul who is never going be allowed to get anywhere near the Whitehouse.

I fear we have already 'Crossed the Rubicon'.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

rowmat. Riddle me this.

How is it the the Ministry of Internal Security (DHS) always seems to find "a million here and there" of laundered charity money ultimately earmarked for the "terrorists" *cue scary music and picture of screaming woman with hands on face* yet can never find "a billion here and there" of laundered drug money.

When the  Komitjet Gosudarstvjennoj Bjezopasnosti Amerika (dba,  KGBa, MHS, Dept of HS, Stasi-USA) announced that it was going after "terrorist funding" *cue scary music* in 2002 I thought "yeah, good luck with that. You can't even find drug money". Yet they are remarkably effective in finding pennies among dollars.

Completely ineffective against the drug trade though. I wonder why.

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Pete In Florida wrote:

rowmat. Riddle me this.

How is it the the Ministry of Internal Security (DHS) always seems to find "a million here and there" of laundered charity money ultimately earmarked for the "terrorists" *cue scary music and picture of screaming woman with hands on face* yet can never find "a billion here and there" of laundered drug money.

When the  Komitjet Gosudarstvjennoj Bjezopasnosti Amerika (dba,  KGBa, MHS, Dept of HS, Stasi-USA) announced that it was going after "terrorist funding" *cue scary music* in 2002 I thought "yeah, good luck with that. You can't even find drug money". Yet they are remarkably effective in finding pennies among dollars.

Completely ineffective against the drug trade though. I wonder why.

Because 'the system' is working just as it has be designed to work.... SNAFU!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments