The Mother Load: A Guy CM Would Love!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Headless's picture
Headless
The Mother Load: A Guy CM Would Love!

I happened across a guy named Karl Denninger; perhaps I'm the last to discover him. He was calling AIG ("Arrogance, Insanity, and Greed", http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/110-Arrogance,-Insanity-and-Greed.html) to the mat almost a year ago.

Here is Karl's latest post on those criminals we affectionatley call the Treasury Secretary and His sidekick "Robin" Kashkari: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/authors/2-Karl-Denninger .

Karl is in the intellectually advanced camp; thus, those of us who don't have the econ lexicon and instinct down will find him a little difficult to follow--like reading a book with every other page missing. However, though he doesn't bother to Martenson-ize his outrage such that it is accessible to the common man, it doesn't mean you shouldn't put him right next to Chris on your favorites menu...

I wish I had shorted AIG when Karl first explained  the acronym-onious nature of their name: Arrogance, Insanity and Greed!

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: The Mother Load: A Guy CM Would Love!

Buffet stupid or betting on a dollar collapse?

Karl sees Buffet's writing of the puts on the S&P as a mistake. I see two possibilities:

1. Buffet made a huge mistake that will cost him 10's of Billions;

2. Buffet sees a dollar crash coming and does not fear the nominal strike price of the options he wrote, as everything--including stock prices--will suffer U.S. dollar hyperinflation...

Headless's picture
Headless
Re: The Mother Load: A Guy CM Would Love!

With Paulson's move, MS and GS moved up a few days, then they were cut in half--just as Denninger anticipated...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments