More Bailouts on the Way

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Evolutionary Ape's picture
The Evolutionary Ape
More Bailouts on the Way

For the first time I actually cracked up laughing rather than rattling off a tirade of swear words when reading about additional bailouts.  After their early Christmas day present, Fannie Mae is asking for an additional $15.3 billion dollars.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/26/news/companies/Fannie_mae_results/

AIG may not be far behind.

"AIG said in its public filing that it "may need additional support from the U.S. government" if interest rates or borrowing costs increase, if it cannot find willing buyers for its assets, or if it encounters significant deterioration in its core businesses."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/26/AR2010022602165.html?hpid=sec-business

In other words as a taxpayer, I can expect to be bent over yet again in the very near future.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: More Bailouts on the Way

Its always the same. Once a country starts to print money to solve its problems it never stops. Hyperinflation here we come.

G-Money's picture
G-Money

TEA -

The sad thing is that when people on sites like CM's start to shrug off news like this, it really shows you how far gone things are. News like this hardly even phases most of us anymore. I really don't know what it would take at this point to stir people to action.

Sigh

G

Will's picture
Will
G-Money wrote:

TEA -

I really don't know what it would take at this point to stir people to action.

Sigh

G

I know how-- don't extend unemployment benefits.  That would get the ball rolling fairly quickly in my opinion-- but of course, THEY know that...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments