The Monetary Missing Puzzle Peice.

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin
The Monetary Missing Puzzle Peice.

An excellent read.

You are missing a piece to the puzzle. A big piece. The fact that this piece is missing keeps you from a complete understanding of the mechanics of our monetary system, which means, you can never really put your finger on the problem, yourself. So, you listen to "experts" - and they steer you wrong. If the last few years have taught you anything, they should have taught you that the experts are phoney, and they speak.............
For the rest of the article click the following link.
goes211's picture
goes211
Re: The Monetary Missing Puzzle Peice.

Thomas,

I appriciate your sincerity on monetary issues but sometimes reading your posts I am reminded of the saying

"To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

I think weathmoney may be your hammer.  I only wish it was that simple.

strabes's picture
strabes

The entire financial industry and the "science" of economics hide the issue and make it look complex.  Otherwise "experts" couldn't make so much money.

But it really is simple.  1) Our money is debt, which means we're not free (the issue of politics/philosophy that the Declaration/Constitution was supposed to solve), and 2) when we pay it off, we decrease our money supply (the issue of math and economics that the "experts" don't understand, or those that do are apologists for the creditors because that's who pays them).

Simple problems have simple solutions in my view--we need money that isn't debt.  So many great men throughout history understood this.  Unfortunately today's would-be great men have been co-opted into unwittingly serving the creditors.  And everyone else is trained to listen to them because they wear power suits and nice watches, have ivy league tongues, and work for institutions that make people feel so small because they sound so powerful like JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch, Federal Reserve, Treasury......

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

strabes wrote:

The entire financial industry and the "science" of economics hide the issue and make it look complex.  Otherwise "experts" couldn't make so much money.

I agree.  Instead of a forward moving science, economics have been an ever-changing concoction of theories and beliefs to hide the fact that the deck is rigged.  When things go wrong - "woops, we better change the theory."

The most fundamental and important truths in relation to the nature of money, have always been so covered up by the technicalities of law as completely to deceive the people respecting its true character...Notwithstanding this mystification about money, its true character and power are very simple, and need only to be clearly and fairly stated to meet the approval of the common mind;  - Edward Kellogg, 1875

Larry

James Wandler's picture
James Wandler

Goes211,

It really is as simple as Thomas, Strabes, and Larry set it out to be.

I highly recommend that you read The Lost Science of Money by Stephen Zarlenga available here.  http://www.monetary.org/lostscienceofmoney.html

While you are waiting for the book to arrive I suggest you read "The Web of Debt" by Ellen Hodgson Brown.

Reading Zarlenga's scholarly book was absolutely astonishing and fascinating.  However, I will never forget the emotional pain that it caused me to understand the world in a completely different light.  The pain was so intense that I could feel it physically.  The sadness of the deception of economics haunted me for some time.

I finally took comfort from a friend who said:  "Can you imagine if the state of this world was the way it is [being destroyed] and we were doing everything right?" 

Since then I have found many, many things that we aren't doing right - and therefore each form part of the overall solution needed - monetary theory is just one but the most essential.  No other solution is complete without the replacement of the debt based money system .  Please see my post here:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/comment/67222#comment-67222

and

http://www.peakprosperity.com/comment/67223#comment-67223

I struggle for a new construct for our money system.  Fortunately there is no shortage of intelligence in the world so I have no doubt that it will be properly devised once great minds are set to the task (the most optimistic of Bernard Leitaer's future scenarios in "The Future of Money" is monetary theory replacing economics at universities).  The key element more difficult to find is the wisdom for the solution to tie together all 3E's that Chris has identified. 

For others reading this post (since Goes211 has read it), please see my comments on monetary theory tied to peak oil and sustainability to the producers of the Boom and Bust video.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/comment/65314#comment-65314

Let me close by saying that the key element of money is:

a) what it is created for

and

b) how it circulates

The world we devise to advance civilization to the next level needs to address both of these above two points.  If you want to know why the current world is so dysfunctional ask how our current money is created and what it circulates for.  You'll then see our collective insanity.

Cheers,

James

SteveW's picture
SteveW

I really like the "Money as Debt" annimated movies by Paul Grignon. The original is suitable for children while version 2 is updated after the financial crisis. I particularly like the cartoon where both the car purchaser and banker are shown coming to the credit/debt transaction with empty pockets.

Ellen Brown in "Web of Debt" cites a lawyer who manged to get out of his debt by arguing in court that the transaction was a sham since it lacked consideration (legal).

James Wandler's picture
James Wandler

SteveW,

"Money as Debt" is excellent and so is Part 2. 

"The Money Fix" is another video that can help people get started on understanding the issues.  Free to watch at www.themoneyfix.org  The director is continuing efforts at deepening understanding of monetary theory elsewhere on the site and then I came to this:

www.metacurrency.org  

If you look at the whiteboard you'll see what I mean about monetary theory replacing economics at universities.

Cheeers,

James

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

Goes211,

I know all we hear contantly is that this system is to complex for us regular folks to figure out, and its hard for a lot of people to make the paradigm shift into understanding that this whole thing is so simple that a 5th grade math student could figure it out, of course this would be before they are hit with years and years of propoganda and their minds get all screwed up.

The truth is this is so simple it repels most peoples minds, even though the vast majority of people are perfectly capable of understanding this. All it takes is a little bit of basic knowledge of how the system actually 'works' and an open mind.

I often feel like the lone ranger out here because I'm one of the very few people in America who actually speaks about how the system really functions.  Its very rare to have someone hear something totally new to their mind and not reject it violently. 

I've been working on a sustainable monetary policy and economics and I'm incorporating that into my presentation.  Its the same basic concept of an alcoholic.  Most of the time, when they first have someone tell them they have a serious problem they reject it, but after the shock of hearing something new wears off, the mind begins a process of acceptance.  The third part of the process is moving into action.  Some people will accept the fact they have a serious problem, and do nothing.  Others will stand up and be men, and go into action and actively work on fixing the problem.

It's clear we have a serious problem with out monetary system, and the cure is to stop being drunk with debt, but right now, there is no source of money to pay the debt.  This is not an addiction, but currenlty we are being forced to borrow our meduim of exchange into exsistance, but this can be changed.

I know accepting the fact we have all been lied to, all of our lives, is something that is hard to come to grips with for most people, but it simply does not change the fact we have been lied to, stolen from, and had our country, and way of life destroyed.

What we need is for people like you who are clearly intelligent to take a step back and begin to really study how this whole thing works right at the most very basic process of how money is created and destroyed.  Because if people avoid understanding those two very basic principles, it's absolutely impossible to understand anything about the monetary system in the United States.

I cannot read minds, and I know it's extremely difficult for some people to move into the process of acceptance, but it's something we as American's are going to have to come to grips and take action or we will face the consequnes of losing everything we have worked hard for and deserve.

The world is depending on it.

strabes's picture
strabes

That's true...it really is simple.  A few private individuals issue us money from nothing and demand we pay it all back plus interest.  That's the world we live in.  Those private individuals run our govt, and they're moving into a new phase...they're afraid people will wakeup and demand sovereign money.  We will lose cash.  All transactions will be forced onto their electronic cards, at which point those private individuals will have absolute monopoly over people's purchasing power, i.e. whether they can buy food to eat, what they can buy, etc.  That's a pretty good definition of tyranny.

We better start joining those who are actually fighting state legislatures to issue sovereign money.  That's the only hope at the government level.  Then at the private citizen level, we can join communities that have their own credit/debit system...

http://www.themoneyfix.org/content/video-money-fix

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments