Mitt's Largest Political Contributors

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
dshields's picture
dshields
Mitt's Largest Political Contributors

Just saw this on Zero Hedge.  It is single source data - I have not verified it through a second source.  However, I have found in the past that Zero Hedge is pretty reliable.  This is a list of Mitt's largest political contributors.  If it is true it is a pretty sad story.  I am a republican but this seems over the top to me.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/01/Romney.jpg

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Yes, pretty sad story...

The banks have their bets hedged. They are by far the biggest campaign contributors to both Obama's and Mitt's campaign. Obama has the support of the liberal main-stream media and Mitt's company, Bain Capital, owns and/or controls most of the radio networks and news outlets that broadcast conservative talk radio and info. Talk about a monopoly.

It's amazing how well Ron Paul has done in spite of having both decks stacked against him.

JG 

RON PAUL 2012

MrEnergyCzar's picture
MrEnergyCzar
Money and Politics

What are the chances that money/big interest money will be separated from American politics and law making?  Is there is a zero chance the next 10 years?  1%?

MrEnergyCzar 

danrhino's picture
danrhino
When Mitt Romney Came to Town.

He does not create jobs.  He destroys them!

dshields's picture
dshields
not good

Yea, I have to agree, it does not good too good.  Basically, big money will still be running DC after Mitt takes office.  So it is going to be obama or mitt for the next 4 years.  There is one difference though, there are going to be very difficult financial things happen over the next few years.  The US fed gov is on an out of control spending spree and it will either have to be stopped resulting in civil unrest or keep spending and printing until the collapse then there will be civil unrest.  Civil unrest is the result either way.

The next president is going to have to deal with some very serious issues.  Through staggering sized transfer payments the US fed gov has created a welfare state where half the population is dependent on the gov for their existence (ss, medicare, medicaid, snap, section 8, wic, agg subs, it is endless).  We exported millions of high paying jobs to third world countries.  The average price of energy will continue to increase.  The people have lost their way and forgotten what America stands for.  Millions of people live in violent slums.  The economy will simply not support the welfare state we have created.  It is broken.  For a while we can stumble along with the Fed Res buying our excess debt and with bailouts and so forth.  But the underlying truth is we have created a government the economy simply will not support so very big things are going to happen.

The current crop of politicians are incapable of bringing spending in line with revenues.  The choices are so difficult and the results so shocking they simply will not do it.  If anything they are going to spend even more.  Obamacare is a perfect example.  There is no will in DC to bring spending in to line with revenue.  They are pinning their hopes on an economic recovery that can not happen.  There are no decent jobs because there is no demand.  We have a debt crisis - too much debt.  Increasing credit and therefore debt will not fix it for the long run.  Demand is not going to go up significantly as the vast majority of the people are in debt and energy and inflation are eating into any surplus they may have had.  So everything has to shrink.  The US standard of living has to shrink.  This has already started.  Transfer payments from the fed gov will shrink by either the amounts or if the amounts stay the same through monetization of the debt, then the buying power of the transfer payments will shrink.  People in the US honestly believe the gov will save them.  I find that amazing.  It also points to the failure of our educational system.  There is a lot of trouble on the way.  I would suggest that people start preparing now for the difficult times ahead.  If you are part of the 1 percent you better start thinking about how you are going to keep your money.  If you are part of the 99 percent and you have a retirement account you better start thinking about how you are going to keep your money. 

Rihter's picture
Rihter
100%
MrEnergyCzar wrote:

What are the chances that money/big interest money will be separated from American politics and law making?  Is there is a zero chance the next 10 years?  1%?

MrEnergyCzar 

Whether through reform, or revolution, they will have to be seperated. If they aren't, than this land will be the USA in name only.

r's picture
r
The new boss

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

"We won't be fooled again"

r's picture
r
The new boss

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

"We won't be fooled again"

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts
The US Government Is Bankrupt.Doug Casey

Everyone knows that the US government is bankrupt and has been for many years. But I thought it might be instructive to see what its current cash-flow situation actually is. At least insofar as it's possible to get a clear picture.

As you know, the so-called Super Committee recently tried to come up with a plan to cut the deficit by $1.5 trillion and failed completely. To anyone who understands the nature of the political process, the failure was, of course, as predictable as it was shameful. What's even more shameful, though, is that the sought-after $1.5 trillion cut wasn't meant to apply to the annual budget but to the total budget of the next 10 years – a fact that is rarely mentioned.

Now whenever the chattering classes talk about cuts, it's always about cuts over the course of 10 years. Which is a dodge, partly because most of the supposed cuts will be scheduled for the end of the period, but also because new programs, new emergencies and hidden contingencies will creep in to offset any announced cuts. So the numbers below aren't a worst case; they're the rosiest possible scenario. People have thought I was joking when, asked how bad the Greater Depression was going to be, I answered that it would be worse than even I thought it would be. But I haven't been joking.

To sum up the situation, given its financial condition and the political forces working to worsen it, the US government is facing a completely impossible and irremediable situation. I'm going to try to illustrate that here. But because I'm a perpetual optimist, not a gloom-and-doomer, I'm also going to give you solutions to the purely financial problems – albeit with some good news and some bad news. The good news is, there actually are solutions. The bad news is that there is zero chance that any of them will be put into effect.

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-the-us-government-is-bankrupt.aspx?article=3772672038G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Doug+Casey

dshields's picture
dshields
i read it
gregroberts wrote:

Everyone knows that the US government is bankrupt and has been for many years. But I thought it might be instructive to see what its current cash-flow situation actually is. At least insofar as it's possible to get a clear picture.

As you know, the so-called Super Committee recently tried to come up with a plan to cut the deficit by $1.5 trillion and failed completely. To anyone who understands the nature of the political process, the failure was, of course, as predictable as it was shameful. What's even more shameful, though, is that the sought-after $1.5 trillion cut wasn't meant to apply to the annual budget but to the total budget of the next 10 years – a fact that is rarely mentioned.

Now whenever the chattering classes talk about cuts, it's always about cuts over the course of 10 years. Which is a dodge, partly because most of the supposed cuts will be scheduled for the end of the period, but also because new programs, new emergencies and hidden contingencies will creep in to offset any announced cuts. So the numbers below aren't a worst case; they're the rosiest possible scenario. People have thought I was joking when, asked how bad the Greater Depression was going to be, I answered that it would be worse than even I thought it would be. But I haven't been joking.

To sum up the situation, given its financial condition and the political forces working to worsen it, the US government is facing a completely impossible and irremediable situation. I'm going to try to illustrate that here. But because I'm a perpetual optimist, not a gloom-and-doomer, I'm also going to give you solutions to the purely financial problems – albeit with some good news and some bad news. The good news is, there actually are solutions. The bad news is that there is zero chance that any of them will be put into effect.

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-the-us-government-is-bankrupt.aspx?article=3772672038G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Doug+Casey

I read that one also.  Pretty scary.  It might be a little on the extreme side but I get his point.  It is so broken and the political will so small to fix anything that nothing is going to get fixed.  Casey's point is it is so broken that you can't get back to a balanced budget without some kind of "reset" to force it back to reality.  He may well be right.  I have read a lot of his writings.  He publishes every week.  The politicians got us here but they are not going to be able to take us back - the political will does not exist.  It is too easy to monetize the debt and keep the transfer payments going.  Cutting spending back to revenue would cause a nation wide financial emergency.  The military would probably have to step in to get a handle on the resulting civil unrest.  The sad part is that at some point monetizing the debt will lead to inflation which will also lead to civil unrest.  If you get the full amount of your transfer payment but it only buys half what it used to it has the same result as cutting the transfer payment in half now.  The difference is you can drag the entire process out over time and I am sure the politicians hope that people will adjust over time to a lower standard of living easier than trying to do an abrupt adjustment.  The politicians are probably right.  It is going to get pretty crazy sooner or later.

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Another trick

Greg

In addition to the 10 year trick you mentioned, the so called "cuts" are a reduction of the projected budget which includes annual growth for all kinds of things.  At best it is a slowing in the rate of growth, not the number of dollars currently spent..

Travlin 

No_Fiat's picture
No_Fiat
Rihter wrote: MrEnergyCzar
Rihter wrote:
MrEnergyCzar wrote:

MrEnergyCzar 

Whether through reform, or revolution, they will have to be seperated. If they aren't, than this land will be the USA in name only.

Yes they will be separated. There is no way we can stay knit under these or worse conditions. What will happen who knows.

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts
I voted for Mitt Romney in 2008, but in 2012 I’m voting for Ron

I didn’t just vote for Mitt Romney in 2008, I donated to his campaign, asked others to donate, and volunteered at phone banks, fundraising events, the national call day in Boston, and at the Nevada caucuses. I’ve met him several times. I drank the Romney root beer (someone actually made some) and I have a Mitt Romney bobblehead. I even dressed up as Mitt Romney for Halloween 2007.

Mitt strikes me as exceptionally bright and a truly good man. We could certainly do worse than to have Mitt Romney as our president. And despite what we sometimes hear, I think I’d rather enjoy getting (root) beers with Mitt Romney. I found him to be plenty personable and warm.

However, I’d like to explain how I came to support Dr. Ron Paul. It’s been a really satisfying journey, and I’m far more enthusiastic about my candidate now.

http://richardkmiller.com/942/i-voted-for-mitt-romney-in-2008-but-in-2012-im-voting-for-ron-paul

I happen to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (a “Mormon”), the same faith to which Mitt Romney belongs.

The Plain Truth about the Mormons

The Mormon movement began with "the prophet" Joseph Smith, Jr. in the year 1820. Joe (as he was known) was born to some rather strange parents in 1805. His mother, Lucy, was involved in occult practices and visions, while his father, Joseph, Sr., consumed much time with imaginary treasure digging (including the booty of Captain Kidd).

According to Mormon writings (Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith - History 1:1-25), on a day in 1820, Joe was praying in the woods when he received a vision from God the Father and Jesus. It was revealed to Joe that the church was in apostasy and he was the chosen one to launch a new dispensation.

Being unwilling to drop his current occupation of money-digging with his father (while using "peep stones" and "divining rods"), Joe put his "calling" on hold for three years. Then, according to his own account (Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith - History 1:29-54), he was paid a bedside visit by the angel Moroni in 1823. Moroni, who professed to be the glorified son of a man named Mormon (who had been dead 1400 years), told Joe about a book of golden plates which contained "the fulness of the everlasting Gospel." This book was said to have been buried at Cumorah Hill, near Palmyra, New York, some 1400 years earlier by the man named Mormon. Four years later (1827), Joe supposedly dug up the golden plates along with a gigantic pair of spectacles which he called "the Urim and Thummim." The spectacles were for translating the hieroglyphics on the plates. With the help of his only legal wife and a friend named Oliver Cowdery, Joe translated the plates and published the Book of Mormon in 1830. Later that same year, Joe, his wife, his brothers (Hyrum and Samuel), and Cowdery established the "Church of Jesus Christ," which is known today as the "Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints."

http://biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Mormons.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments