"Millions of Americans have been victimised"

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
"Millions of Americans have been victimised"

There is something quite bizzare and Orwellian in Obama's Cyber Security speech...

http://www.nytimes.com/external/idg/2009/10/16/16idg-obama-calls-on-americans-to-help-with-cybersecurity-66318.html

"Millions of Americans have been victimised. Their privacy violated. Their money and identity stolen. Their lives turned upside down."

Well yes millions have been victimised, had their money stolen and their lives turned upside down.

But who was overwhelmingly responsible?

Maybe it was an Arab living in a cave in Afghanistan?

Are they going to try this one on the public yet again?!!.... or maybe an Iranian plot?

What Obama didn’t say but should have...

“So just to make it clear it is ONLY the government that can violate your privacy and, along with Wall Street, steal your money and turn your lives upside down.

As for all you bloggers out there who dare to criticise the government or our corporate government financiers your time is coming as we will classify all of you as cyber terrorists and shut you down and lock you away.

We request all law abiding Americans to notify the government of any subversive internet activity and as a reward you will be allowed an extra ration of cabbage soup for your efforts.”

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Re: "Millions of Americans have been victimised"

Well said rowmat! 

Larry

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire

As I said, The time grows short before the world is plunged into darkness . . . Therefore, diligently seek the truth, while a little light yet remains . . .

Translation:  Download! . . . and print . . . and buy books . . . You know, the heavy, physical kind . . .

Oh, and don't forget to buy a couple extra copies of that black, leather bound volume with the gold page edges and gold lettering on the binding . . . You never know when you might want to refer to it . . . and whether it will soon be outlawed . . .

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Cloudfire wrote:

... Oh, and don't forget to buy a couple extra copies of that black, leather bound volume with the gold page edges and gold lettering on the binding . . . You never know when you might want to refer to it . . . and whether it will soon be outlawed . . .

I wasn't aware Richard Dawkins 'The G*d Delusion' came in black leather with gold trim.

I must get a fews copies! Wink

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

rowmat,

That was a great post. "We're in Wonderland, Alice."

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Big Brother, Doublethink, Thoughtcrime, Newspeak...

The world appears to be entering into some kind of Orwellian Dystopia

"War is Peace" (He now has the award which proves it!)

"Freedom is Slavery" (Take your vaccination shots and your implantable microchip and you will be free)

"Ignorance is Strength" (Trust the Main Stream Corporate Media aka the 'Ministry of Truth')

Big Brother, Doublethink, Thoughtcrime, Newspeak - Hail the Thought Police!!

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
The Library from Hell . . .
rowmat wrote:
Cloudfire wrote:

... Oh, and don't forget to buy a couple extra copies of that black, leather bound volume with the gold page edges and gold lettering on the binding . . . You never know when you might want to refer to it . . . and whether it will soon be outlawed . . .

I wasn't aware Richard Dawkins 'The G*d Delusion' came in black leather with gold trim.

I must get a fews copies! Wink

Well, I couldn't decide how to respond to this, Rowmat, so I'll give you your choice:

A)  No, but Burn in Hell by I. M. Lord does . . .

B)  You're a troublemaker, Rowmat . . .

C)  You'll need several billion copies . . . That sort of ilk is in high demand, these days . . .

D)  I know you're just trying to get my goat, so I'm going to have a glass of wine, and go to bed . . .

Anyway, see ya on the flip side, Rowmat . . . Smile

P.S.:  I chose "D" . . . 'nite now . . .

ao's picture
ao
Cloudfire wrote:

As I said, The time grows short before the world is plunged into darkness . . . Therefore, diligently seek the truth, while a little light yet remains . . .

Translation:  Download! . . . and print . . . and buy books . . . You know, the heavy, physical kind . . .

Oh, and don't forget to buy a couple extra copies of that black, leather bound volume with the gold page edges and gold lettering on the binding . . . You never know when you might want to refer to it . . . and whether it will soon be outlawed . . .

Excellent advice!  The younger generations in particular have become webaholics.  If the information isn't in the electronic media, for them, it doesn't exist.  They don't seem to realize all that those bytes and bits can be gone at the click of a switch (or the detonation of an EMP device).  For the life of me, I can't understand why TPTB haven't begun to censure the web yet.  It's one of the last bastions of resistance. 

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Internet censorship
ao wrote:

...  For the life of me, I can't understand why TPTB haven't begun to censure the web yet.  It's one of the last bastions of resistance. 

Don't worry. Web censorship is coming.

There are government trials here in Australia with several ISP's who have been ''coerced' to develop a method of censoring the web.

The goverment claims it is only interested in protecting children.

The government intends to create blacklists of sites that will be banned and put offline.

The problem is the blacklist will be kept secret so no one will know what sites have been closed down and for what reason.

A trial blacklist was leaked to the media a while ago and many legitimate businesses had been blacklisted.

I believe many other goverments are also planning similar censorship.

The web is the 'peoples' last bastion of global free speech.

Once that goes then we are blind, deaf and dumb.

With  'big brother' controlling the web just try running a forum like this and see long it takes to be regarged as being subversive or try to discovering how much taxpayer money Wall Street has been pilliging.

MarkM's picture
MarkM

You mean something like this:

"House Vote On Illegal Images Sweeps in Wi-Fi, Websites"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-9829759-38.html

"The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday overwhelmingly approved a bill saying that anyone offering an open Wi-Fi connection to the public must report illegal images including "obscene" cartoons and drawings--or face fines of up to $300,000."

The original believe has not passed, I don't believe.  However, you can see where this is headed.

The children, the children, we must protect the children.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Someone needs to develop (someone other than me as I'm one of those people that can't read schematics) a form of "Short Wave Internet".  I'm in the process of buying my short wave radio equipment as we chat.  I think that may become the only way to get real news in the near future.

Sad times indeed.

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79

memorable bumper sticker:

This was from http://thesheeplereport.org/

Is that JAG's site?

One slight correction:  ...my money [my gold].

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
xraymike79 wrote:

This was from http://thesheeplereport.org/

Is that JAG's site?

Well, it's got his wit about it . . . And it was started during the great exodus, when several folks started their blogs.  But the viewpoints are a bit more radical than Jeff will own up to here . . . It's always annoying and, well, not inspiring when people speak their peace, without signing their name . . .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
ao wrote:

For the life of me, I can't understand why TPTB haven't begun to censure the web yet.  It's one of the last bastions of resistance. 

The web is a double-edged sword . . . Great damage and distortion can be, and is, inflicted on people's perceptions through the web . . . Sites like this one can be used as a stage for the Hegelian dialectic, to steer the opposition toward each mile marker on their highway to Hell.  It's called "containment" . . . As long as that's working for them, they'll "let" us chat . . . When it stops working for them, it's internet 9/11 time . . .

BSV's picture
BSV

Hi, Cloudfire. Just finished checking out TheSheepleReport site. Looks to me like it has been around at least five years. I also noted the spelling of the word "colour", which may be a clue that the blogger is a Canadian or a Brit. Eventually these things come out. There's a fascinating story in the current issue of Wired magazine about a Korean blogger who was a national sensation until he was eventually outed. Then he faded into instant obscurity.

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
BSV wrote:

Hi, Cloudfire. Just finished checking out TheSheepleReport site. Looks to me like it has been around at least five years. I also noted the spelling of the word "colour", which may be a clue that the blogger is a Canadian or a Brit. Eventually these things come out. There's a fascinating story in the current issue of Wired magazine about a Korean blogger who was a national sensation until he was eventually outed. Then he faded into instant obscurity.

Aha!  Such a sleuth you are, BSV!  Thanks for the clarification . . . I knew there was something fishy about that site's odour . . .

MarkM's picture
MarkM

or something like this:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/10/exclusive-us-spies-buy-stake-in-twitter-blog-monitoring-firm/

"America’s spy agencies want to read your blog posts, keep track of your Twitter updates — even check out your book reviews on Amazon."

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
MarkM wrote:

or something like this:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/10/exclusive-us-spies-buy-stake-in-twitter-blog-monitoring-firm/

"America’s spy agencies want to read your blog posts, keep track of your Twitter updates — even check out your book reviews on Amazon."

Oh, no! . . . They're going to find out that I'm an outspoken opponent of the New World Order, a traditional Catholic, and [shudder] a gardener! [gasp] . . . Well, at least I won't bore them . . .

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Please don't make me . . .
Cloudfire wrote:
MarkM wrote:

or something like this:

Oh, no! . . . They're going to find out that I'm an outspoken opponent of the New World Order, a traditional Catholic, and [shudder] a gardener! [gasp] . . . Well, at least I won't bore them . . .

Oh, I hope they don't come and take me away, lock me up, and make me watch television . . . . (Now the real terror is setting in . . . Wink.)

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: Please don't make me . . .
Cloudfire wrote:
Cloudfire wrote:
MarkM wrote:

or something like this:

Oh, I hope they don't come and take me away, lock me up, and make me watch television . . . . (Now the real terror is setting in . . . Wink.)

On the brighter side, maybe, knowing that they're listening, we can talk some sense into them . . . Smile.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments