Military reaction over peak oil yet no civil reaction?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Germanni's picture
Germanni
Military reaction over peak oil yet no civil reaction?

I don't know if you already saw this presentation  

http://www.businessinsider.com/rick-munroe-peak-oil-presentation-2010-10#-1

but it makes one think if there is really no preparation besides the Agenda 2011 for the joint military forces going on in the US or worldwide. I am wondering if you found other examples of nation-wide preparation for peak oil (except for China buying up mines etc. and a carbon tax that essentially forces people/industries/nations to think about their energy consumption).

I hope I am in the right forum, if it belongs into the "critical topic" forum, please move it there. I do not intend to violate the rules but think that this topic covers much more than some conspiracy or end-of-the-world theories. Peak oil is not the end of the world, it is just the end of the cheap and easy part, such that people are forces to re-think again (and thinking hurts, as Einstein noted , or more people would do it)

Cheers  ;-)

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Re: Military reaction over peak oil yet no civil reaction?
Germanni wrote:

I hope I am in the right forum, if it belongs into the "critical topic" forum, please move it there. I do not intend to violate the rules but think that this topic covers much more than some conspiracy or end-of-the-world theories. Peak oil is not the end of the world, it is just the end of the cheap and easy part, such that people are forces to re-think again (and thinking hurts, as Einstein noted , or more people would do it)

Cheers  ;-)

Germanni -

Nothing wrong with starting your own thread to discuss a topic of interest to you.  You will probably get a few who will complain that this topic has already been discussed, and some whining about using the site's search features - but those are the folks who would complain if they got hung with a new rope because it scratched their neck - just tell 'em to pack sand.  (Preferably oil rich tar sand Laughing)

Here's a link to the thread and related discussion we had back in April of last year - you will probably find some interesting discussion there.

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/us-military-warns-oil-output-may-dip-causing-massive-shortages-2015/38401

Germanni's picture
Germanni

Whoops.. Thanks!

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson

Germanni,

I think it was an excellent addition.

fandango's picture
fandango
An interesting podcast to check out: Two beers with Steve/ Fri, 3 December 2010/  "Plateau Oil vs. Peak Oil with Steve Crower
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 At about 56 min's into the podcast, Steve spoke of a military guy contacted him about, "... the military... starting to teach these soldiers about sustainability and the consequences of petroleum supplies peaking...and the minerals of the world".   Interesting---

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments