Military question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
land2341's picture
land2341
Military question

I know there are many retired military personnel on this site and perhaps you can answer a quick question for me:

I know the Navy ordered all Naval vessels to fly the first union jack (the red and white stripes with the snake and don't tread onme design) for the diration of the "war on terrorism" - essentially for as long as this union holds.

Can/Should a decommissioned ship fly it??  Just curious.

Doug's picture
Doug
Re: Military question

I don't know about the Union Jack, but all other flags are lowered when a ship is decommissioned.

Doug

land2341's picture
land2341

What if the ship becomes a museum??  I have seen and expect them to fly the Stars and stripes,  but not the Navy Jack let alone the Union Jack....

It just puzzled me.  Thoughts??

0811mayes's picture
0811mayes

hey does anybody know if you can re enlist in the marine corps if you have been convicted of a felony and are on probation also 200 hours of community service. the terms would be that you can still carry a weapon while on military duty and are still deployable. anybody know if your still good for reup?

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

You're not good for a re-up with out a court ordered restoration of your rights.

That's not the union jack, its the Gadsden, which is American. The union jack is the British flag.

The appropriate venue for your enlistment questions is your recruiter.

Cheers,

Aaron

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments