MENA - Saudi and Bahrain update from Perss TV

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
britinbe's picture
britinbe
MENA - Saudi and Bahrain update from Perss TV

I know Japan and the on going issues are front and centre at the moment, but here is some analysis from Press TV about Saudi and Bahrain

guardia's picture
guardia
Re: MENA - Saudi and Bahrain update from Perss TV
britinbe wrote:

I know Japan and the on going issues are front and centre at the moment, but here is some analysis from Press TV about Saudi and Bahrain

Actually, I think whatever is happening in Saudi Arabia is more important than Japan.. the media in the West are exploiting the situation in Japan to avoid covering the Middle East, just like Japanese media used what happened in New Zealand as an excuse not to cover the Middle East.. thanks for posting

Samuel

britinbe's picture
britinbe
MENA

More from MENA

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bahrain-protests-resume-vengeance-inter...

One has to admire the absolute duplicity in the actions of the Arab League and the wider international community.  If Ghadaffi has lost  legitimacy, then what does it say for the other Arab state leaders.  The lack of condemnation from western governments and the lack of coverage in the media is truly deafening!!

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Saudi troops enter Bahrain: official

Saudi troops enter Bahrain: official

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/14/3163869.htm?section=justin

More than 1,000 Saudi troops, part of the Gulf countries' Peninsula Shield 2 Force, have entered Bahrain where anti-regime protests have raged for a month, a Saudi official said.

The troops entered the strategic Gulf kingdom on Sunday, the official said on Monday, requesting anonymity.

The intervention came "after repeated calls by the [Bahraini] government for dialogue, which went unanswered" by the opposition, the official said.

According to the regulations of the Gulf Cooperation Council, "any Gulf force entering a member state becomes under the command of the government," the official added.

The Bahraini government has not confirmed the presence of Saudi troops in the archipelago, which is home to the US Fifth Fleet.

Opposition protesters are demanding far-reaching democratic reform in the mainly Shiite country which has been ruled by a Sunni Muslim dynasty for more than 200 years.

The king has offered dialogue and a new, empowered parliament and other reforms but the opposition has refused to sit down to talks until the government resigns.

The Saudi intervention comes two days after US Defence Secretary Robert Gates visited Manama and held talks with the king in which he said he urged them to undertake rapid and significant reform.

Mr Gates also said Washington was concerned that the longer the instability dragged on the more likely Iran, a Shiite theocracy, was to try to meddle in Bahrain's affairs.

aspand's picture
aspand
Terrible video!

Hi!

This is claimed to be from Bahrain. I got it via a friend of a friend, who got it from a person who participates on the Bahrain demonstrations. This really got to me. It shows some people carrying a man who has gotten the back of his head blown off. Really sickening! You are hereby warned.

It is a ugly situation on the ground there. I guess we owe it to both them and ourselves to try to take in some of the cost of this oil driven world of ours.

With a heavy heart

A

dshields's picture
dshields
explosive

I think the Saudi move into Bahrain creates an explosive situation there.  I have no idea how it will turn out.  I would guess there is no good outcome.  Either the people will prevail and some crazy will probably take over or they will repress the people and the next outburst will be bigger and more violent.  It must suck to live in Bahrain.

sundarb's picture
sundarb
Wesley Clark's prophetic speech

Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, LIbya, Somalia, Sudan and finishing off with Iran.

It is all due to oil.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments