Meet Mrs. Morpheus (a.k.a. Trinity)

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trinity's picture
Trinity
Meet Mrs. Morpheus (a.k.a. Trinity)

Hello everyone.

I've been in 'lurk' mode for a while now but haven't really posted anything. I just thought perhaps I should introduce myself.

First, may I say, you all do a great job in keeping us up to-date on the latest news and information.  Your wit and intelligent discussions/debates are very refreshing, particularly after a long day of being seemingly surrounded by people who only watch CNN & 'Dancing with the Stars' and believe everything the TV tells them. I hope that I can, in time, make my own contributions into this pool of knowledge and we can learn from each other. 

My husband is CM member 'Morpheus'. We met in March of 2008 and were both searching for answers and information to be able to make some sense of what was happening. I stumbled upon the Crash Course one day, started watching it, and then encouraged him to check it out. Since then, he has been very active on the site. I have been somewhat 'out of touch' for the past several months because my energies were largely taken up by the planning and organizing of our recent nuptials. (16 days wed!) However, I hope to be able to devote much more of my time now to learning.

I'm a native of the State of Florida. My mother's family has roots in the Conch Republic (Key West). My career for the past 14+ years has been in the auto finance industry. I do not have any fancy university degrees, just a life-long student in the fabled 'school of hard knocks'; I'm in my 40th year of continuous enrollment. 

I enjoy travelling to new places. Some of my favorite places, so far: the Black Hills in SD, the Great Smoky Mountains, Yellowstone, and the British Virgin Islands. Places I would love to see: Athens (not the time for that trip now, though), Rome, Tuscany, Florence, Paris, Edinburgh, Budapest, Istanbul, Moscow, and Cairo. I enjoy camping, but as I'm getting older I seem to require more niceties like a tent you can walk into and out of in an upright position. 

I love to read! (I wish I had more time for it on a daily basis.) Currently reading: "Survival+" by Charles Hugh Smith. Some favorites are: Naomi Wolf "The End of America", (this may seem redundant but...) Naomi Wolf "The Beauty Myth", Ron Paul "Revolution: A Manifesto". 

Anyway, that's me. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
Re: Meet Mrs. Morpheus (a.k.a. Trinity)

Congratulations  to the both of you .    Having the  both  of you on the same page to start with puts ya way ahead of most .  Plus the strength gained by joining  in a cord .

I look forward to reading your posts .

FM

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

Welcome, Trinity, and congratulations to you and Morpheus on your recent nuptials!

Christopher

Mr. Fri's picture
Mr. Fri

Welcome Trinity!  Wow, it looks like Morpheus and you really took Chris's advice seriously and started building your own community. Smile

Congrats on the wedding. It must be fun having those avitar names around the house.  I can see it now...

"What's for dinner Honey?"

"I don't know. We could have the red pill or the blue pill"

-OR-

"Honey, I have a headache tonight. Should I take the red pill or the blue pill?"

Could be a lot of fun for you and your friends..

Mr. Fri's picture
Mr. Fri

oops, double post

Mr. Fri's picture
Mr. Fri

Oops, triple post. Sorry about that

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Welcome!  Why you'd ever marry HIM is beyond me though!Laughing  No, congrats on the nuptials and welcome to this side of the site.  We'll look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best,

LR

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Welcome. Trinity!  And congratulations to you and Morpheus on your recent wedding!

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
LogansRun wrote:

Welcome!  Why you'd ever marry HIM is beyond me though!Laughing  No, congrats on the nuptials and welcome to this side of the site.  We'll look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best,

LR

Because of my charm and dapper personality ya' dummy. Wink

I didn't find the Crash Course, she did. And this site too. Happened in around Q1-Q2 (circa) of 2008 when I was home shopping and watching the housing market fall to pieces. Things didn't make sense and we were pretty ignorant on the economics thingy. So we started searching for answers. As Trinity likes to put it, one link led to another to another and poof, off "chasing rabbits" we went. Led her here, which led me here. Interesting how things happen. 

Mrs. Morpheus is with me on organic gardening, a nice place in a country town, PM investments, and we both see completely eye to eye on spending some FRN's on preparing for what comes ahead. That was BEFORE we got married so that's about as good a test of common interests as you can find. She's come up with some real gems of websites for news and information. She found The Market Ticker and RT.com for me, among others. 

goes211's picture
goes211

Morpheus,

I am a bit jealous.  It would be very nice to have a wife that was on the same wavelength with regards to the three-E's.  Watch out though for a young guy named NEO.   Rumor has it that Trinity might fall for cheesy lines like "I know Kung Fu" or "I am the One!".Laughing

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Welcome aboard Trinity.  Congrats to Morpheus for finding and wooing you though it appears that you have married below your station Cool

Look forward to your posts.

Larry 

nickbert's picture
nickbert

Congratulations and welcome to the forums!  I'm finishing Survival+ right now and consider it a very worthwhile read...

(BTW I always thought Morpheus and Trinity were a better match.... Morpheus had the cool confidence thing going for him, while Neo was kind of a putz Laughing)

- Nick

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson

Welcome Trinity.

Great to have you here!

Jim H's picture
Jim H

Welcome Trinity.. thanks for posting and letting us get to know you a bit.  My eight year old son and I just watched the Matrix a few evenings ago.... it's as fresh as ever.    

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Jim Hannah wrote:

Welcome Trinity.. thanks for posting and letting us get to know you a bit.  My eight year old son and I just watched the Matrix a few evenings ago.... it's as fresh as ever.    

You figured out that we're both big Matrix fans? What gave that away? 

On an unrelated note. 

Open question to Chris M. Is it possible to set up a social networking portion of the site where like-minded couples and families could have a central place to learn about the location of other like-minded families? I think personal contact, befriending, and real social interaction among members that are local to each other would be a tremendous benefit.  Also a place for single folks to interact. Chris, I am sure that you of all people can testify to the importance and synergy of having a wife that not only sees eye to eye with your concerns and actions, but is an active partner. 

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer

HA- another couple (like us) who feed each other's psychosis. YEAHHH.

Welcome and Congrats!

Trinity's picture
Trinity

Thank you all for the warm welcome. 

Nickbert, I agree. Morpheus always had that cool, confident demeanor.  Neo was a nice guy and lacked self-confidence, but then he learned to fly and got all full of himself. Wink

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments